Sophie Shohet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Sophie's content, I find it relaxing (ASMR like) so I agree with most comments.

The big incognito here for me is how much she relies on YouTube money or not. I recall she mentioned in the past that she doesn't make much out of it, but why she keeps creating those Farafecth / affiliate links videos?

I don't think she keeps half of what she shows in her channel tbh. For instance, she shown some Moschino and Longchamp bags.
I appreciate her showing good options for her followers but I don't think she keeps or wear them.

On the other hand, she's well-off, that's for sure, but I don't see her recklessly buying luxury as other influencers, which is good! Or she may do so off the record, unsure, is just the fact that finding her targer audience may be weird now.

Reactions: 5
one thing about Sophie is she lives all her clothes so snug that it looks really dated, when something is not skin tight she always says it’s too big

Reactions: 11
She's really jumped hard on the clickbait trend recently. Her latest video didn't even mention any sort of mistake.

Reactions: 9
I used to really enjoy her videos but she is just so damn boring these days.

Although I’ve never been a fan of her style and find what she wears tacky, she seems to have leaned into the tackiness even more lately. Everything must have a logo on, she’s now a walking billboard 🙄!

My main issue is that she is just constantly rehashing the same videos over and over. Very dull. She doesn’t seem to have any interests outside of spending money and flash cars. She’s obviously not an idiot but she just seems a bit empty.

Reactions: 14
sophie recent video shows some of her bag collection, she has quite many! i like her vintage chanels

Reactions: 2
Sophie is so tacky! OMG! Her latest video. First, the ChNel headband she always wears is so bad but tofa/ unboxing of the choker! Sophie is stuck in the 90s. I can’t.

Reactions: 8
I actually really disliked her before but have grown to enjoy her content more and more especially through the pandemic/ economic downturn.

I think compared to Mel in Melbourne / JerushaCouture who buys bags everyday and has dozens of those Hermès horse charms, Sophie has, to me, become a bit more relatable.

Reactions: 7
What in the name of god did she order from instagram in her latest video? That gold and white monstrosity... A new low I think.

Reactions: 3
I actually really disliked her before but have grown to enjoy her content more and more especially through the pandemic/ economic downturn.

I think compared to Mel in Melbourne / JerushaCouture who buys bags everyday and has dozens of those Hermès horse charms, Sophie has, to me, become a bit more relatable.
Would love a Jerusha Couture thread, she always has some drama going on.

What in the name of god did she order from instagram in her latest video? That gold and white monstrosity... A new low I think.
I haven’t watched her in a while but I had to check this out…and wow, that bag looks garish. I’m crocheting, so I’ve seen most of the patterns that woman is using for her bags, I actually made similar ones and crochet bags can definitely look stylish and modern…but not these ones 😅

But other than this bag, I actually liked the video, it’s nice to see her try out other brands too besides her usual ones and the launer one is really nice …although I don’t think it’s even a question whether you can classify a £ 2,700 bag affordable or not 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I loved that Launer bag, such a good recommendation, it's not affordable but is waaaay lower than Chanel or Hermés and still has luxury item vibes, excelent quality. This video didn't make sense in terms of the brands she presented, I wouldn't mix Launer with some crochet / Instagram bags.

Reactions: 6
The Launer bag is nice but the way she customized it looked a bit tacky. The crochet bags were hideous.

Reactions: 3
Will caveat this post with I really like her, the only reason I’m watching her video that was released 3 hours ago is because I’m home alone and her content bizarrely has ASMR qualities to it, but:

Majorly cringing at her ignorance re Celine. I’ve been home alone (with a toddler!) a lot this month so have ended up watching loads of closet tours or my collection videos from a breadth of creators and there’s such a clear difference between people actually into fashion (eg people with style and an interest in fashion history or garment construction) and these luxury collectors. I can’t understand what motivates the latter which is probably why I watch this banal content to fall asleep to lol.

I know Sophie speaks a lot on social media devaluing bags but I think it’s because these luxury collectors oftentimes can’t actually dress so the bags look like tit & yet are repeatedly posted everywhere by them? Obviously this isn’t everyone as there are people who collect and are v stylish but these tend to be a small pool of industry ppl or HNWIs… 😬🫣

Reactions: 6
Completely agree on those Celine comments; shows a serious lack of fashion knowledge.

Similarly with her new Dior bag - I saw a lovely Instagram video from someone else about the design process, the artist, the meaning behind it. Sophie’s summary: ‘It’s a white and gold D-Lite’.

Her style is very much if it cost a lot and has a big logo, it must be good. The fact she’s trying to decide which colour Dior bucket hat to buy says it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Completely agree on those Celine comments; shows a serious lack of fashion knowledge.

Similarly with her new Dior bag - I saw a lovely Instagram video from someone else about the design process, the artist, the meaning behind it. Sophie’s summary: ‘It’s a white and gold D-Lite’.

Her style is very much if it cost a lot and has a big logo, it must be good. The fact she’s trying to decide which colour Dior bucket hat to buy says it all.
Yes!! Nothing else to add but yes!!! Also not Sophie but Emma Anders - I was stunned she’d done a Primark haul…? This isn’t classism dressed up as environmental concern but if you have the budget to collect luxury bags then there’s no excuse for shopping in Primark/any fast fashion shiller. She was so gleeful over how cheap it all was and it made me cringe thinking yes because further down the supply chain someone else is getting shafted? She’s an intelligent women why can’t she connect the dots?

Also on Sophie - I think you get it in any hobby? I’m an adult Lego fan (lol I know x I blame childhood trauma) and you have the smarty pants who use Lego to prove principles of physics or repurpose existing sets or design new ones then you’ve got the haulers/hoarders who just fill rooms with it. Again less interested in what the latter have to say.

Reactions: 1
Also on Sophie - I think you get it in any hobby?
To be fair, Sophie has said several times that "her thing" is luxury bags / items.
She also stated that making Youtube videos is not a source of income and she finances all her collection with her "real job". I don't believe this 100% but neither believe those influencers that allegedly purchase luxury on a weekly basis with allegedly no other source of income.

I think it's interesting how in this era is socially acceptable having massive closets based on "this is my hobby" and "this is my handbag collection". At the end of the day the ecological impact is massive. The logic besides collecting any item is actually pretty similar, you have limited editions, there is manufactured scarcity by the brand owners and so on.

• Heart
To be fair, Sophie has said several times that "her thing" is luxury bags / items.
She also stated that making Youtube videos is not a source of income and she finances all her collection with her "real job". I don't believe this 100% but neither believe those influencers that allegedly purchase luxury on a weekly basis with allegedly no other source of income.

I think it's interesting how in this era is socially acceptable having massive closets based on "this is my hobby" and "this is my handbag collection". At the end of the day the ecological impact is massive. The logic besides collecting any item is actually pretty similar, you have limited editions, there is manufactured scarcity by the brand owners and so on.
Her (and her husband’s) limited company accounts are available on companies house beta + whilst they’re too small an entity to have to share a P&L their balance sheet corroborates their lifestyle (imo!) - especially because I think they live in a low cost of living area/the house looks like a new build/no children (that is not a dig at all btw!). Which as you say is a rarity these days most are either undeclared ads or eyeballs deep in credit card debt (Lorna Luxe lol). I did like that she mentioned her and her husband investing more because of the economy, it was a super brief mention but a rare moment of fiscal responsibility from a content creator that hopefully makes some of the young women following her think about that a bit more.

Agree re environmental impacts of what is essentially hoarding.