Sophie Shohet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive never seen her full collection, bet it’s crazy
I watched her Chanel collection video yesterday and it’s extensive. Can’t imagine what the whole collection looks like. Watching her makes me want to re evaluate my finances so I can buy a Chanel bag 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’m surprised this feed doesn’t have more comments. Sophie is lovely, but her style is so tacky. What person driving around in cars as expensive as theirs is still wearing that awful Gucci logo belt? I always have a laugh when she’s in Dior or Chanel trying on something and she has that awful Gucci belt on. Sophie is a logo ho. She’s not *as* bad as music video girl Ca$$ie Thorpe, but if Sophie could tattoo lux logos all over her body, she would. Even in her latest video where she had a try on at Chanel. She picked the absolute worst pieces of the bunch, the top of course having the CC logo over her big, fake boobs. I think she tames it down for YT and IG. I cannot even imagine how tacky she dresses on the day to day.

I also find Sophie being low key re her Hermes bags. She has them but doesn’t show them because she’s a marketer and knows she’ll then come off as less relatable.
I agree totally...tacky.
The whole pandemic thing showed me how pointless designer bags and clothes really are....you are just looking for validation from others that you are special for purchasing something so expensive....especially the ones who have to have the logo showing like the gucci belt.
Pointless.
Her videos are all the same......look at the luxury items i just bought!

Reactions: 5
I agree totally...tacky.
The whole pandemic thing showed me how pointless designer bags and clothes really are....you are just looking for validation from others that you are special for purchasing something so expensive....especially the ones who have to have the logo showing like the gucci belt.
Pointless.
Her videos are all the same......look at the luxury items i just bought!
It’s interesting. Sophie, unlikes the Ca$$ie Thorpes and Claire Chanelles of the world, has done a great job in balancing out her channel. There is definitely more than hauls or obsessing over those cookie cutter lux items, BUT her choices are always the ones that will date so quickly. You can’t call a lux item an investment piece if it’s the tackiest item on the shelf and no one will ever buy it from you. Sophie is trying to offload some handbags via Luxury Promise and I saw one in an IG auction. No one wanted it bc it was an awful style. She just had strange taste.

I also 100% agree w you re luxury items, especially those with the logo slapping you in the face. Why be a walking advertisement? For the exact reasons you stated. It’s so gauche.

How do you know she has Hermes bags? She said so many times they're not for her and that she can't be asked to be on the waiting list etc. Plus, they have no logos, and as you say, she is a logo ho ;) But they're very recognisable, even without logos, to be fair.
I was recently watching a Luxury Promise live on IG and Sophie was in the chat. Sabrina said “Oh hi Sophie. Sophie just picked up a Kelly from us.” I, too, was surprised for the reasons you mention, but a Birkin or a Kelly are so iconic it’s basically like plastering the brand name on yourself. I definitely pegged Sophie more of a Constance gal - for obvious reasons - and I think she’s headed down the Hermes rabbit hole like the others …

I just found her YouTube channel because I wanted to research some handbags. I think she comes across as quite a nice person. I don’t mind her style, but I have only watched a few videos so maybe haven’t seen the tacky side yet. I just can’t believe how many designer handbags she has!
I also think Sophie seems like a kind and genuine person, BUT she is tacky and many of her RTW and handbags date so quickly. She’s not one to look to if you’re wanting to sort out an item that will stand the rest of time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I can’t make Sophie out. I like her, but cannot get over the label whoring. It makes her look so trashy, it’s almost comical. And the shopping in Harrods to such extremes! One time they spent 8 hours in there. While all us minions are working the day away, they were in there for 8 bleeping hours. 🤪😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve watched a few more of her videos now and I have to agree with others and say that the logos are a bit too much! I personally do love a logo on a designer bag but this is over doing it. The Dior all over logo hoodie is just crazy!

She’s a bit contradictory in her views because on the one hand she releases a video saying she doesn’t buy Cartier or van Cleef items because they’re oversaturated and you don’t get value for money compared to cost or non branded gold and diamonds and then in the other she is wearing and buying branded bags and clothes that are also the reason those brands have become oversaturated and why fakes are made and where some of those bags (Chanel) have quality issues anyway. I don’t understand her obsession with dior either, she doesn’t seem to have a personal style I can identify and often buys items and styles them in a frumpy way. Still, I think she seems genuinely nice and think she’s one of the more genuine/down to earth luxury youtubers

Reactions: 12
i like sophie. i mostly like her videoes on vlog rather than unboxing. she had an organizing video few years ago, showing some of her bag collection. she has quite a big range of brands. i would say half of them are trending pieces, she also shows some dated bags that she would never sell / get rid of.

she is very open about items that she pays/ partically pays / gifted/ partnership / affiliate. i remember there was a bag, she bought it on farfetch, that video was not a partnership, but she used a coupon code from farfetch that she got a great discount.

sophie made videoes explaining her life. she had cancer, in debt , working as a cleaner. when she was with david they were both broke and how they got out of debt. many people write to her after watching her videoes about career & finances. saying they were motivated/ reached their goals/ successfully asked for pay raise etc. she always says she is grateful for her subscribers, she reads their mails and writes replies. some people has a small business and would send her stuffs, she would link their websites. from time to time you would see those products in the background/ or she wears it such as jewellery.

i think youtubers that still have a day job, are more down to earth, still know what's going on in the world, than full time youtubers.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
i like sophie. i mostly like her videoes on vlog rather than unboxing. she had an organizing video few years ago, showing some of her bag collection. she has quite a big range of brands. i would say half of them are trending pieces, she also shows some dated bags that she would never sell / get rid of.

she is very open about items that she pays/ partically pays / gifted/ partnership / affiliate. i remember there was a bag, she bought it on farfetch, that video was not a partnership, but she used a coupon code from farfetch that she got a great discount.

sophie made videoes explaining her life. she had cancer, in debt , working as a cleaner. when she was with david they were both broke and how they got out of debt. many people write to her after watching her videoes about career & finances. saying they were motivated/ reached their goals/ successfully asked for pay raise etc. she always says she is grateful for her subscribers, she reads their mails and writes replies. some people has a small business and would send her stuffs, she would link their websites. from time to time you would see those products in the background/ or she wears it such as jewellery.

i think youtubers that still have a day job, are more down to earth, still know what's going on in the world, than full time youtubers.
I do agree with this. I find Sophie much more down to earth than anyone like Fleur de Force. I don’t watch many YouTubers but she comes to mind first. I was also thinking about Deliciously Ella who I used to follow on Instagram. I know she has a completely difference target audience, but Ella’s wrist is always dripping in Cartier and Van Cleef but always pretending she’s such a simple farm girl earth Mother type and it’s complete rubbish.
At least with someone like Sophie you know what you are getting, no pretending to be anyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I do agree with this. I find Sophie much more down to earth than anyone like Fleur de Force. I don’t watch many YouTubers but she comes to mind first. I was also thinking about Deliciously Ella who I used to follow on Instagram. I know she has a completely difference target audience, but Ella’s wrist is always dripping in Cartier and Van Cleef but always pretending she’s such a simple farm girl earth Mother type and it’s complete rubbish.
At least with someone like Sophie you know what you are getting, no pretending to be anyone else.
on this platform, for many popular full time youtuber, there are dozens of threads for them with different critical comments. i always wonder why sophie has so few comments here, maybe she isn't that popular. at the same time i'm glad nobody really leave bad comments about her.

sophie has such a strong positive engagement with her viewers. like she says for those mail times/ career video, she doesnt get many views but those are why people write to her. you often see her saying "i know who this is, i know the handwritting" she would tell you something about the sender, where they are from / their pet names/ what they talk about in the last mail.

side note: simply nailogical in ottawa has a master degree, works for canadian govt. she receives lots of fan mails. especially for young viewers she always says "stay in school". she used to pay 3 canadian's tuition for a few years. last year she announced she donated money to the university she studied in, to have an official scholarship that would continue to run even after her death. she thanks all her viewers for this milestone.

it is comforting to see there are youtubers really give back to their viewers

Reactions: 10
I’m surprised this feed doesn’t have more comments. Sophie is lovely, but her style is so tacky. What person driving around in cars as expensive as theirs is still wearing that awful Gucci logo belt? I always have a laugh when she’s in Dior or Chanel trying on something and she has that awful Gucci belt on. Sophie is a logo ho. She’s not *as* bad as music video girl Ca$$ie Thorpe, but if Sophie could tattoo lux logos all over her body, she would. Even in her latest video where she had a try on at Chanel. She picked the absolute worst pieces of the bunch, the top of course having the CC logo over her big, fake boobs. I think she tames it down for YT and IG. I cannot even imagine how tacky she dresses on the day to day.

I also find Sophie being low key re her Hermes bags. She has them but doesn’t show them because she’s a marketer and knows she’ll then come off as less relatable.
Totally agree I dislike her style!!
And re Cassie Thorpe I used to love her until she quit her job can’t relate anymore so stopped watching

Reactions: 1
Totally agree I dislike her style!!
And re Cassie Thorpe I used to love her until she quit her job can’t relate anymore so stopped watching
I agree. As soon as Cassie said one of her best “purchases” was an item she was gifted, I was done. I always thought Cassie, while not my style at all, was a fun watch, but as soon as they buy in to the “Oh I had to pay 10% for this £5K item so that’s buying it!” I knew I was done. As soon as they make it their FT gig, they’re in the mafia. I hope Versace will sponsor her. Who else whores that brand as much as Cassie?! 🤢

What other luxury you tubers do you recommend? Similar to Sophie, British too would be great - love to be able to watch selfridges, Harrods videos etc

The replies supposedly coming from Sophie in response to her viewers' comments, read suspiciously like a bot. They're just so generic they sound like they're coming out of a Magic Eight Ball, programmed to respond randomly to any comment that meets a minimum word count requirement.

The replies supposedly coming from Sophie in response to her viewers' comments, read suspiciously like a bot. They're just so generic they sound like they're coming out of a Magic Eight Ball, programmed to respond randomly to any comment that meets a minimum word count requirement.
Can you post a screenshot of some examples? 😂

About to go through the thread and find out what the general consensus on her is. For some reason the YouTube algo has brought me her content, at first I was like eurgh snooze but for some reason I’m now into it? It’s undoubtedly boring but there is some sort of ASMR trickery to it, she’s got such a soothing voice and is just talking about the most banal meaningless tit that it makes for quite pleasant viewing? I like the random bits where she’s knitted her jumper or the fan interactions.

Idk if I’m just so starved of human conversation after both a mat leave and a new job in a pandemic that I find the background noise enjoyable or she’s some sort of AI created by YouTube? I feel the same about Emily in Paris…

Reactions: 9
About to go through the thread and find out what the general consensus on her is. For some reason the YouTube algo has brought me her content, at first I was like eurgh snooze but for some reason I’m now into it? It’s undoubtedly boring but there is some sort of ASMR trickery to it, she’s got such a soothing voice and is just talking about the most banal meaningless tit that it makes for quite pleasant viewing? I like the random bits where she’s knitted her jumper or the fan interactions.

Idk if I’m just so starved of human conversation after both a mat leave and a new job in a pandemic that I find the background noise enjoyable or she’s some sort of AI created by YouTube? I feel the same about Emily in Paris…
Haha, I agree, I also like her as a background noise as well, I think she’s just lovely, her taste is not for anyone for sure, it’s definitely not for me but I still like to watch her. Especially because she’s doing YouTube as a hobby, so it’s not like she has to create content for views or that she has to shill the most random things, so she can do whatever she wants. I also like when she talks about her hobbies, she also made some jewellery, which is something I also wanted to try and tbh I’m quite impressed that she could just knit up jumpers, I’m a quite good crocheter but I’m struggling with knitting 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Haha, I agree, I also like her as a background noise as well, I think she’s just lovely, her taste is not for anyone for sure, it’s definitely not for me but I still like to watch her. Especially because she’s doing YouTube as a hobby, so it’s not like she has to create content for views or that she has to shill the most random things, so she can do whatever she wants. I also like when she talks about her hobbies, she also made some jewellery, which is something I also wanted to try and tbh I’m quite impressed that she could just knit up jumpers, I’m a quite good crocheter but I’m struggling with knitting 😅
Yes! I read through the whole thread and I agree with every comment, there’s definitely a lot to think about her but she really is harmless? I checked her companies accounts and they seem legit too, idk how many people they hire but if that’s a 2 person biz then I can see how they’re affording this (unlike Lorna Luxe lol).

I don’t like her style but she’s just like a harmless colleague you’d happily chat to at the microwave but not necessarily want to have to sit on the tube next to for 30 minutes as that would be too much convo to fill. Idk I like her, other comments were interesting cos it’s true when YouTube / influencing isn’t your actual bread and butter what a nicer more authentic person you come across as!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Love Sophie’s videos, but did anyone catch how she mentioned several times in her latest video that the links aren’t affiliate yet didn’t say the video is sponsored? The ad disclaimer is at the bottom half her video caption.

No hate whatsoever, but even though what she did is perfectly legal I did find it a bit sly.

• Wow
Hello all. I discovered Sophie years ago and was very interested by her weight lose journey … but as time goes by she has changed and become very much like most of them. Don’t get me wrong she is very sweet never arrogant but her fashion style is some what off…please admire these beauties.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 2