Sophie Shohet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is but she's doing all the same content on repeat. I have noticed not watching her videos straight away these days. They sit in my subscription box until I watch everything else and only then I might have her on in the background while doing my makeup or something.
Hahaha the key for any influencer is to not watch them constantly. I really wanted to get a new bag now hence why I am watching her.

Reactions: 3
Sophie Shohet is one of the few "influencers" I have time for. She has alot of experience with luxury bags and provides really great reviews of the quality and functionality of bags, with insights based on long-term experience using the bag rather than a boxfresh immediate take. I find her economic analysis of bags really valuable as she has long term knowledge of price rises and how the industry works.

Like many have said, her style (black, white, pink) may not be to my personal taste, but she is true to herself. And isn't that what style is? I think unquestionably she has "style", her own distinctive and coherent appearance that brings her joy, which I think is more timeless than the beige greige brigade of influencers. Every promo she has done seems to come from her personal taste and so her enthusiasm registers as authentic.

I started subscribing during lockdown and what struck me the most was her relationship with her followers, genuinely enthusiastic about interacting with her subscribers and the channel community. She is always taking time to read their letters and respond in an engaged way. She does so many give aways, sometimes from her own pocket, much more often than influencers with twice the number of subscribers. She gets a lot of mail and personal gifts from followers, not just brands for PR, beyond that demonstrated by other influencers mentioned. I think this shows how beloved she is by her community for her authenticity and reciprocating their affection.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Does anyone know what the age difference between Sophie and her husband is?

I recently watched the wedding video (new sub) and was surprised that he was a lot older than her, not that there is anything wrong with it just out of curiosity...

I like her, usually just listen to her in the background while I do other things. Only thing that makes me a little annoyed with her is that she only seems to know Chanel and Dior. It’s her money so she can obviously spend it on whatever brand she wants but she made several videos before where she said, how much she not likes Chanel and the price and the quality and the SAs are rude etc, yet she buys from them one week later. I would actually like her to discover more brands, bc I feel like she’s kind of weird about most brands like when she calls other brands that don’t sell their bags for £3000, affordable, and not that much of a luxury brand. I always side eye her after these comments but she’s overall fun!

Reactions: 4
I like her. Yes she can be a bit OTT with her labels but she also seems pretty down to earth as well.

I really like Sophie. I have followed her for ages on both YT and IG. But today, I had to unfollow her. Sophie has recently followed Lydia Millen, liking and commenting on her pics. Petty, I know.
But Sophie is also good friends with Claire Choquette and is aware of the breakdown in their friendship as well as being aware of Lydia bullying her hairdresser and attempting to sabotage the hairdresser's business over a period of 9 months.
Sophie has also been on PR trips with Lydia and her minion Cawwiiee where both of them literally ignored Sophie for the whole trip. All captured in their respective vlogs.
I'm all for being the bigger person in situations but this situation hits differently when Sophie and others quietly support another influencer's vile behaviour.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I still watch Sophie but she takes forever to tell a story or get to the point. She's so afraid that she ever offends anybody by voicing an opinion that someone, somewhere, might disagree with, that she comes across as totally opposite of the "strong woman" type. I really can't imagine her in a business meeting and actually having to make a decision.

I read somewhere (maybe this thread) that according to Companies House reports, it's her husband's business that's doing well and hers is breaking even. She just doesn't strike me as the personality type to be successful in the cutthroat world of business. Too wishy-washy.

Reactions: 7
I still watch Sophie but she takes forever to tell a story or get to the point. She's so afraid that she ever offends anybody by voicing an opinion that someone, somewhere, might disagree with, that she comes across as totally opposite of the "strong woman" type. I really can't imagine her in a business meeting and actually having to make a decision.

I read somewhere (maybe this thread) that according to Companies House reports, it's her husband's business that's doing well and hers is breaking even. She just doesn't strike me as the personality type to be successful in the cutthroat world of business. Too wishy-washy.
She takes forever to tell a story, true but she also tell damn good story. Have you ever seen Emma Hill speak? HAHA

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She takes forever to tell a story, true but she also tell damn good story. Have you ever seen Emma Hill speak? HAHA
Gosh Emma is just a sad sack. Seriously, she is so miserable.

Gosh Emma is just a sad sack. Seriously, she is so miserable.
I know, YT played her video yesterday, she is so miserable. I remember they went to New England and those vlog are seriously so sad and moany

Maybe because I’m not a native speaker but I love the way she speaks and tells a story, it’s always clear what she says and her wording sounds eloquent to my ears. I usually just listen to her while I do other things but I never got annoyed by her voice as I do with others on YouTube :D

Reactions: 8
Wow I just saw that her and the husband have a Mclaren and a Porsche! Never realised they had this kind of money!
Wow! I suspect he has some inherited wealth.
What I never understand is that she drops thousands on a bag and positions it on an IKEA chest of drawers. I'd rather have unique piece of furniture than a insanely priced leather bag.

Reactions: 10
I was wondering for a while now but do you think she keeps all these bags she buys every couple of weeks? In her new video she showed 5 new bags alone, she can do whatever she wants with her money but it just looks excessive…on the other hand I would be interested in her bag collection 😂

• Wow
I was wondering for a while now but do you think she keeps all these bags she buys every couple of weeks? In her new video she showed 5 new bags alone, she can do whatever she wants with her money but it just looks excessive…on the other hand I would be interested in her bag collection 😂
i was thinking this! I have a feeling she might return/resell often and doesn’t disclose this… but can’t say for sure

or she just has a library of handbags

I think she might keep them as I don't think she would maintain a good friendship with store reps if she kept returning handbags.

That and its not like she's on the breadline - she drives a porsche and they have a mclaren worth 300k minimum

• Wow
I’m surprised this feed doesn’t have more comments. Sophie is lovely, but her style is so tacky. What person driving around in cars as expensive as theirs is still wearing that awful Gucci logo belt? I always have a laugh when she’s in Dior or Chanel trying on something and she has that awful Gucci belt on. Sophie is a logo ho. She’s not *as* bad as music video girl Ca$$ie Thorpe, but if Sophie could tattoo lux logos all over her body, she would. Even in her latest video where she had a try on at Chanel. She picked the absolute worst pieces of the bunch, the top of course having the CC logo over her big, fake boobs. I think she tames it down for YT and IG. I cannot even imagine how tacky she dresses on the day to day.

I also find Sophie being low key re her Hermes bags. She has them but doesn’t show them because she’s a marketer and knows she’ll then come off as less relatable.

I just found her YouTube channel because I wanted to research some handbags. I think she comes across as quite a nice person. I don’t mind her style, but I have only watched a few videos so maybe haven’t seen the tacky side yet. I just can’t believe how many designer handbags she has!

How do you know she has Hermes bags? She said so many times they're not for her and that she can't be asked to be on the waiting list etc. Plus, they have no logos, and as you say, she is a logo ho ;) But they're very recognisable, even without logos, to be fair.