Sophie & Dave #58 The Less & Less Magic Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've seen Hamilton the musical 3 times. And that Joe Griffiths was in Hamilton for 2 of them, he was amazing. Very very talented.
I'm so tempted to go see Phantom with Dave starringšŸ¤£ I've only seen Phantom once, & I'm not too keen on it tbh. But for Dave, I might just šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I do think he must have been training for awhile. I'd never be able to remember lines or singing like that in public so he's clearly doing something right!

Reactions: 2
I've seen Hamilton the musical 3 times. And that Joe Griffiths was in Hamilton for 2 of them, he was amazing. Very very talented.
I'm so tempted to go see Phantom with Dave starringšŸ¤£ I've only seen Phantom once, & I'm not too keen on it tbh. But for Dave, I might just šŸ˜†
Aww I saw Phantom last year and really loved it. Donā€™t think I could justify seeing it again so soon to see Dave though haha!

Someone put up a recording of the debut show. I believe thatā€™s Dave 8 mins in - he sounds pretty good to be fair šŸ¤£

But has resorted to his typical shouty style by minute 10. Not for me Iā€™m afraid. And I love musicals and go to the theatre about once a month. I just cannot see the appealā€¦

Reactions: 3
Soaf is clearly upping her game now Dave seems to be more popular. So transparent! Also thought she worked weds to Friday so maybe she has given this up...
If heā€™s given it up so easily obviously he didnā€™t need it and it was more of a comfort for her. Probably because he wouldnā€™t talk and then couldnā€™t ask her for stuff.

Reactions: 1
Someone put up a recording of the debut show. I believe thatā€™s Dave 8 mins in - he sounds pretty good to be fair šŸ¤£
Yeah, this is not an untrained voice. šŸ™„ You donā€™t have to like him as a person or influencer but Iā€™ve seen Phantom all over the world and heā€™s just as good as every other Piangi. He sounds great.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
But has resorted to his typical shouty style by minute 10. Not for me Iā€™m afraid. And I love musicals and go to the theatre about once a month. I just cannot see the appealā€¦
I wonder how much time his character is actually on stage for? I've never seen Phantom, but if he's not on stage that long, he'll probably cope with the 8 shows per week. I think this will be the making of him, I also think he'll lose weight because he'll be busy and fulfilled, I suspect he's an emotional eater. I'm not a fan of his, but kudos for landing such a big role.

Reactions: 12
Looking at the schedule this is going to be really tough on Dave. The only day off he has is Sunday. Sat night he would finish at 10:00 pm, too late for a train back to Sandbach.

So he could only leave Sunday morning, taking 2 hours minimum (most are closer to 3 hours on a Sunday) then will probably have to be back in London by 3/4pm ready for the Monday night performance.

He will only get to spend a few hours a week with Banners (literally spending the same amount of time travelling) that will be tough on him. As much as Iā€™m genuinely pleased for him I canā€™t see this working very well at all. And this is of course without any strikes!!

What is worse he is likely only earning Ā£700 per week, take off rent for his London place (likely subsidised but not fully paid for by the theatre) and the beige bungalow plus the train tickets he isnā€™t going to see much left of that. They couldnā€™t all move down either even if Soaf wanted to as there is no way they could afford anywhere.

I hope he can hack it as Iā€™m all for following your dreams but I really feel they arenā€™t thinking this through and how tough this is going to be.

Surely the pay would be higher than Ā£700 a week???
I looked it up and yes it is about right. Unless youā€™re a big name in the theatre world or are playing in the really big theatres it is what a role of his stature would bring. Phantom years ago and if he was a known actor would mean lots of money but now he wouldnā€˜t be on a lot. It struck me how small that theatre seemed compared to Theatre Royal and Palladium.

I looked it up and yes it is about right. Unless youā€™re a big name in the theatre world or are playing in the really big theatres it is what a role of his stature would bring. Phantom years ago and if he was a known actor would mean lots of money but now he wouldnā€˜t be on a lot. It struck me how small that theatre seemed compared to Theatre Royal and Palladium.
If you want to make money in the West End it isnā€™t by being on stage. Itā€™s by being Cameron Mackintosh šŸ¤£

• Haha
If you want to make money in the West End it isnā€™t by being on stage. Itā€™s by being Cameron Mackintosh šŸ¤£
I think even then you could be struggling, the West End is in trouble at the moment with huge bills and not filling the theatres. My wife went to see the Wizard of Oz recently and even though it has some big names in it as well as being ā€œnewā€ and a family show it still wasnā€™t filling the theatre during the summer holidays!

Even if Dave was making a lot more money it will still be very tough only seeing your son for that little time when you have spent the whole of his life being around him. Add to that a resentful witch of a wife and he is going to have a tough year!

Reactions: 4
I may be going slightly mental hereā€¦

As much as Sophie & Dave annoy me, I wouldnā€™t wish a family seperation on anyone. I hope they manage to get that balance of Dave following his dreams, Barney seeing his dad and their marriage getting through it.
I also hope that being apart allows Sophie the opportunity to become independent from
Dave and gain confidence as a mum.

I think this would be a good time to get back into vlogging more often and showing their viewers the vulnerable side of doing long distance with a little one.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
In her latest insta story where she says she's editing the WDW vlogs she is shoving the camera in Chuckys face and there is someone pushing his pushchair so maybe she took someone with her? It doesn't look like a Disney cast member either

• Haha
Reactions: 2
In her latest insta story where she says she's editing the WDW vlogs she is shoving the camera in Chuckys face and there is someone pushing his pushchair so maybe she took someone with her? It doesn't look like a Disney cast member either
Itā€™ll be the next disney vlog of the trip with Lauren i think

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.