Sophie & Dave #58 The Less & Less Magic Club

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree!! I was lucky enough to go to the 50th anniversary in WDW and the 30th anniversary in DLP, and wow DLP just went above and beyond. The parades, the drone show and their latest song ‘Ready for the ride’ is the greatest song ever haha. I don’t understand how she thinks the magic is just ‘fleeting.’
Ready for the Ride is the catchiest song ever!
---
Not sure on best pirates as Shanghai’s is incredible! I’m not a lover of DLP but the like for like rides are so much better at Paris.

I haven’t been since Disney took back control of it but it was very much a “European” park when I went and they generally don’t hit that same vibe for me as the American parks as they never go the extra mile. Having said that it could well have changed and if anything the last time I went to WDW it was going more the way of not bothering and doing just the bare minimum.
Sorry I was meaning "best" out of WDW and DLP. I agree some of the rides in China and Japan are off the scale!

Not really sure what you mean by a "European" park. I've experienced some of the best customer service ever in European theme parks and it felt more authentic than American customer service.

Reactions: 6
I agree!! I was lucky enough to go to the 50th anniversary in WDW and the 30th anniversary in DLP, and wow DLP just went above and beyond. The parades, the drone show and their latest song ‘Ready for the ride’ is the greatest song ever haha. I don’t understand how she thinks the magic is just ‘fleeting.’
Me too and 100% agree!!

Reactions: 4
@thenaturaldoulacheshire
Do you think she buys followers? No way does she have that many and she hasn't even posted yet! Seems like the whole family are obsessed with starting new accounts, Lauren has one where she tries to sell her old clothes...

Reactions: 2
Do you think she buys followers? No way does she have that many and she hasn't even posted yet! Seems like the whole family are obsessed with starting new accounts, Lauren has one where she tries to sell her old clothes...
I think she just changes her already established account name
---
I can not believe Sophie admits Barney drinks fizzy drinks 🙈

• Wow
  • Sad
I thought that was such a strange/random thing to say the DLP magic doesn't last through the day (or whatever she exactly said).

The natural doula.
So I'm guessing “your body won’t grow a baby you can’t birth” and that kind of tit. 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 7
The natural doula.
So I'm guessing “your body won’t grow a baby you can’t birth” and that kind of tit. 🙄
That wanky nonsense grinds my gears . My body did create a baby I couldn’t birth , but thanks to the wonders of modern medicine he is 4 tomorrow !

If Soaf had to have a c section I bet her thick as tit sister would absolutely shame her for it .

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The natural doula.
It’s so wildly dangerous. Placentas can become too old and as such, babies can die. Doulas are just the newest fad for middle class women to try to do as a job, alongside life coaching. Cba looking her up but I guarantee she’ll start spouting about home births and the safety versus hospital births (which is wildly disingenuous because home births have to be transported to hospital in an emergency so any instances of things going wrong will be attributed to hospital not home). Anyway, I’m on one now 😤😡🤣

Reactions: 11
The natural doula.
This is so dangerous! What training/expertise does she have? Apart from having ONE successful home birth herself?

• Wow
What exactly is a doula? Are there some/any that are worth it??
Non medical person who “supports” a mum through labour. It’s become a buzzword but a lot of very dangerous opinions espoused as part of their work. Lauren Goodger used one in her last pregnancy and there has been much posited that it contributed to her daughter’s sad passing as doulas tend to push you away from medical intervention and push “trust your body” instead

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Doulas are excellent if you find the right one. They can help with the emotional aspects and generally support and advocate for families during pregnancy and labour.

Unfortunately a lot of them are deep into the woo woo. “Baby will come when it’s ready” and “everyone can breastfeed” etc etc etc. it’s the whole “natural birth as an industry” thing.

I had a (non clinical) role in maternity for a while and “natural birth ideology” doesn’t half cause some kerfuffles. Of course we’d all push our babies out with no drama if we could and it would be beautiful and angels would sing. But there’s a reason why infant mortality has dropped since medical interventions have been a thing.

(That being said, I’m 100% for informed choice but the key word here is “informed”. Your body CAN make a baby you can’t birth. There’s lots of reasons why medical interventions could be 100% necessary and lifesaving.”natural” birth isn’t a flex. It’s biology. And like everything else biological, sometimes it goes wrong.)

I’m still blown away that she thinks Coke is a hydrating drink, especially in very hot weather.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I can’t believe she has no shame in giving her nearly 3 year old a whole cup of coke for a drink.

are there any DLP vlogs because they’ve been home a couple of weeks now?!

The doula sister can duck right off.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Here’s a tip Soaf, if you want Borney to nap (and not fall asleep at 1am) don’t give him Diet Coke which contains bleeping caffeine. In fact Diet Coke has more caffeine than regular coke. I know she doesn’t give a tit about his teeth but surely she cares about his sleep 🤣

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Ready for the Ride is the catchiest song ever!
---

Sorry I was meaning "best" out of WDW and DLP. I agree some of the rides in China and Japan are off the scale!

Not really sure what you mean by a "European" park. I've experienced some of the best customer service ever in European theme parks and it felt more authentic than American customer service.
OK you're convincing me I should look at trying DLP again, however I've noticed something odd.

Soaf said on her Q&A that she booked everything through Disney, I've just tried to price up a cheeky post Christmas trip but they don't seem to offer the travel at all now??
I know (unlike Soaf) that they have stopped doing the direct Eurostar but that would've stopped when they were going and was announced in Aug last year so is this her making up stuff again or did she get her "friend" to sort it all through Disney or maybe I'm missing something?

Reactions: 1
OK you're convincing me I should look at trying DLP again, however I've noticed something odd.

Soaf said on her Q&A that she booked everything through Disney, I've just tried to price up a cheeky post Christmas trip but they don't seem to offer the travel at all now??
I know (unlike Soaf) that they have stopped doing the direct Eurostar but that would've stopped when they were going and was announced in Aug last year so is this her making up stuff again or did she get her "friend" to sort it all through Disney or maybe I'm missing something?
I'm convinced Lauren is a flight attendant and helped with the travel costs via her benefits. That's why she is also away a lot herself

Reactions: 3
I'm convinced Lauren is a flight attendant and helped with the travel costs via her benefits. That's why she is also away a lot herself
Doubt she would get benefits for Eurostar though?? Still don't get why she says she booked everything through Disney, unless things have changed I can't do that.

Reactions: 2
Doubt she would get benefits for Eurostar though?? Still don't get why she says she booked everything through Disney, unless things have changed I can't do that.
Have you tried disneylandparis.com? That gives you the option of booking travel along with hotel/tickets from what i see?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.