Sophie and Dave #5 Bought less for their baby than they did for Chip, now flogging pins for their Disney trip.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A stone? I’ve never heard of a dog eating a stone before. Maybe these two dopes gave him something they shouldn’t have and just didn’t want to admit it

Edit: I just looked at her stories 🙄. I seriously love all dogs, but this one just seems like an idiot. Why they didn’t just train him properly I don’t know 😠
Sure she stated a couple of weeks ago that he ate one of their Disney magic bands, they don’t look after him properly

Reactions: 4
My family dog will eat anything but not a stone. Wtf.
Also they are clearly preparing for this baby, why aren't they using it for content. Check the book on the coffee table.
Because being prepared for a baby doesn’t get people feeling sorry for you and selling pins.

My neighbour has a Lab that he hasn't trained in the slightest who just barks all day and will eat everything and anything in sight.
It's crazy how much training makes a difference when you look at guide dogs.

I notice in one of the stories they have "The Contented Little Baby Book" by Gina Ford on the side. It's quite a controversial parenting book because it's basically about sleep training.
20200606_195023.jpg

Reactions: 1
My neighbour has a Lab that he hasn't trained in the slightest who just barks all day and will eat everything and anything in sight.
It's crazy how much training makes a difference when you look at guide dogs.

I notice in one of the stories they have "The Contented Little Baby Book" by Gina Ford on the side. It's quite a controversial parenting book because it's basically about sleep training.
View attachment 147613
Can you imagine either of them putting in the work or discipline to sleep train 😂? Maybe the mum is making them read it as they’ll be living with her for the foreseeable.loool

Reactions: 3
I respect everyone's views on parenting, your child , your decisions.
With how lazy they both are, If they can't be arsed to get up and soothe Barney, i can see how Gina Fords method would appeal to them, i guess i'm just not the type of parent that would let my baby cry itself into oblivion when it needed soothing. but hey ho.

Reactions: 2
Oh my word. They need to burn that Gina Ford book immediately. No 2 day old breastfeeding baby should be put on a feeding routine.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I respect everyone's views on parenting, your child , your decisions.
With how lazy they both are, If they can't be arsed to get up and soothe Barney, i can see how Gina Fords method would appeal to them, i guess i'm just not the type of parent that would let my baby cry itself into oblivion when it needed soothing. but hey ho.
No I wouldn't either but it is an unwanted boy not a precious girl so I'm sure they want to spend as little time as possible with him

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Oh my word. They need to burn that Gina Ford book immediately. No 2 day old breastfeeding baby should be put on a feeding routine.
I knew it was a controversial book but reading into it more and it just seems crazy!

My little boy is 5 weeks and there is no way he could go from 6pm to 7am without a feed. At the minute he's on 5oz bottles every 3 ish hours and a bit longer at night. He has a bottle at around 11 - 11.30pm and then he wakes at about 3.30am and then after that bottle sleeps until 6 - 6.30am. I keep the middle 3.30am feed calm and quiet but not giving eye contact during a feed goes against all advice for bonding with your baby.

At first we were sticking to 3 hours between bottles in the day since that's what the midwifes said and we're first time parents. That didn't work for us and I realised he's a baby who can't tell time and you can't reason with him and ask him to wait another half hour so now we go of his hunger cues as sometimes it can be 2 hours between feeds.

I'm sure Sophie is going to use the book to justify ignoring the baby when she can't be arsed with him.

20200606_204951.jpg
20200606_205020.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Of course Sophie would want him to sleep from 6.15pm to 7am. Meaning Dave can be around for the last feed, she can put baby to bed, Dave goes to work, Sophie has a full night’s sleep, and when Dave gets back from his shift, he can look after him when baby gets up. Aka, princess Sophie wants to do no work when she’s on her own with him 😧😰

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They have to be the worst dog owners EVER!! All that dog seems to do is eat everything in sight, a bit like Dave. He’s literally the ugliest Labrador I’ve ever seen 😂 I absolutely love dogs but Chip definitely gets a thumbs down 👎🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I haven’t read that book, but from what you’ve all said here it sounds cruel 😭 Surely when becoming a parent you try your best but really know the baby leads on this. Leaving a newborn to cry seems completely pointless

I knew it was a controversial book but reading into it more and it just seems crazy!

My little boy is 5 weeks and there is no way he could go from 6pm to 7am without a feed. At the minute he's on 5oz bottles every 3 ish hours and a bit longer at night. He has a bottle at around 11 - 11.30pm and then he wakes at about 3.30am and then after that bottle sleeps until 6 - 6.30am. I keep the middle 3.30am feed calm and quiet but not giving eye contact during a feed goes against all advice for bonding with your baby.

At first we were sticking to 3 hours between bottles in the day since that's what the midwifes said and we're first time parents. That didn't work for us and I realised he's a baby who can't tell time and you can't reason with him and ask him to wait another half hour so now we go of his hunger cues as sometimes it can be 2 hours between feeds.

I'm sure Sophie is going to use the book to justify ignoring the baby when she can't be arsed with him.

View attachment 147721View attachment 147722
What the hell did I just read? Umm, I hope they read here just to see comments regarding that book. Absolutely ridiculous. If you want sleep and see a baby as a massive inconvenience, don't have one.

Also, no way could they let a baby cry for an hour if they are still living there. Imagine that. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Having just read into it myself it sounds like some cold witch way to bring your child up. Avoid contact when feeding, god I loved looking at my babies when feeding especially when they are newborns and so delicious.

the avoid eye contact to stop them getting excited makes me laugh 😂 have they seen a newborn baby, can they even get excited 😂

I think all babies are so different, my 1st just settled into sleeping through pretty quickly no dummy, no sleeping bag or anything needed where as my 2nd needed a dummy to settle and I found once he started using a swaddle sleeping bag he slept so much better. Surely a book can’t help you find out these things, it’s trial and error plus the important thing... bonding with your baby!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.