Sophie and Dave #4 Dave’s still so flabby, Sophie’s so grabby, they're not ready for the babby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because she wanted a Disney Princess.

content baby isn’t living up to its role if it’s a boy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Also why is he taking protein. He needs to lose weight he doesn't need additional supplements on top .
I couldn't help but laugh at the "hash. Tag. Discipline"
If he had an ounce of discipline then he wouldn't be shovelling the wrong foods, junk foods etc and 500 energy drinks down his throat everyday and then thinking he's going to lose weight with a couple of weight workouts. It should be cardio. There should be a calorie deficit as we all know so why doesn't he?

Has he given up on his workouts? Not seen him post it on Instagram in over a week or so. Wheres the discipline to keep up with workouts?

Where's the discipline to stop buying useless tit neither of you need and instead buy things for you son??

Reactions: 6
I don’t get why she’s so upset about it not being a girl. She seems like the type of person to want a lot of kids and has mentioned having another one so what’s the problem what order it’s in? She can have a girl eventually. I understand when people keep trying for a girl and they’re on their 4th boy, but it’s not as if she’s never going to have a girl. She could’ve ended up having a boy the second time around but I imagine she wouldn’t treat him like this after she had got what she wanted. Some people idolise the whole having an older brother to protect the sister thing... it’s really not that bad she can just have a girl in the future.
"She can just have a girl in the future"

Uhh what?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Thank you ❤
I’ve been reading books, audio books and watching videos on YouTube but feel I’d benefit a lot more with a proper course. Thanks for the advice ❤
The positive birth company do a great online hypnobirthing course!

Reactions: 2
Actual cringe at the way Dave is claiming it is “dad life” washing cars??

If I was my boyfriends car for him is that dad life?? Makes no bleeping sense mate. All those energy drinks getting to your head?
Guess you have to pay your way somehow with Sophie’s mum?

Reactions: 11
It makes me anxious how unprepared they both are :(

(Also can I be nosey and ask for recommendations on a course? I think we’ll be more than likely doing ours online but really hope we manage to get into a proper course before the time comes 👎)
Im due in august and have been doing the positive birth company's online course, its fab!

i know i have a few weeks longer than Sophie to go but i have everything pretty much that I need. Its been such a battle trying to get everything ordered as so much is out of stock, I genuinely dont know how she is going to get what she needs??She hasnt even got basic hygeine products for herself like maternity pads/breast pads. How is she going to take care of herself let alone a baby post birth?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Dad life?! Dad life?!?!?

I’m a fortnight behind Sophie in my pregnancy and my husband has been stripping the nursery walls, attempting DIY wallpapering despite never having done it before (bless him), building furniture, clearing up our garden, picking up baby essentials at Asda, doing the hypnobirthing course with me...

This waste of space as fannied about in his mother in laws garden for the past 7 weeks and gaining weight from those bloody protein shakes. Get to the shops and buy your child what they need!

Reactions: 13
i know i have a few weeks longer than Sophie to go but i have everything pretty much that I need. Its been such a battle trying to get everything ordered as so much is out of stock, I genuinely dont know how she is going to get what she needs??She hasnt even got basic hygeine products for herself like maternity pads/breast pads. How is she going to take care of herself let alone a baby post birth?
I'd put money on her having everything she needs for the baby. She's just not showing it to maximise the freebies/begs. People wouldn't give anything if they showed the huge pile of stuff they're hiding.

Reactions: 10
But if she showed in a vlog clothes, a cot, nappies and said ooh just need a bouncer now (for example) then maybe a company would gift them one for her to use in vlogs/review. It's the we have nothing, woe is us attitude that is putting people off. It looks irresponsible and incompetent. Why help people who don't help themselves?

Reactions: 8
Screenshot_20200510-141206.png

Good lord. The amount of granola is insane. He posts this crap on Instagram as if he's some sort of health/gym freak. He has no idea what he's doing.

Dave if you read here, you need to rethink what you eat, you're eating far too many calories.

Reactions: 5
Sophie’s face looks more and more sun damaged, she really needs to be careful!

I don't understand the gender dissapointment thing at all (if that is why she miserable). Plenty of people can't have children - why can't they be happy with what blessings they have.

Dave's portion is effectively two breakfast. That's a huge amount of food. He just needs to lower his portion sizes and do some cardio and at his size the weight should fall off him. I know because I'm overweight and losing weight currently. He has to make a show of it with protein powders and weights when really he just needs to do stuff simply. It's embarrassing as hes been at this for weeks now and I've seen no noticeable difference.

Really interested to see how this video turns out. Although I'm expecting tears, woe is me and some vague way they are going to sort it all out.

Just watched his stories, the car was still dirty and he should not be taking protein - it will make him gain weight if he isn’t burning off the correct amount and him lifting weights and doing nothing else won’t be burning all that much. He needs to go on long walks as well as doing weight or he will be getting much much bigger!

Reactions: 8
I don't understand the gender dissapointment thing at all (if that is why she miserable). Plenty of people can't have children - why can't they be happy with what blessings they have.

Dave's portion is effectively two breakfast. That's a huge amount of food. He just needs to lower his portion sizes and do some cardio and at his size the weight should fall off him. I know because I'm overweight and losing weight currently. He has to make a show of it with protein powders and weights when really he just needs to do stuff simply. It's embarrassing as hes been at this for weeks now and I've seen no noticeable difference.

Really interested to see how this video turns out. Although I'm expecting tears, woe is me and some vague way they are going to sort it all out.
I’m not excusing them but Gender Disappointment is actually a lot more common than people think. It can be down to things like people not believing they’ll be a good enough parent to a child of the opposite gender. They will still love and want their baby but have more than likely visualised a different scenario. Sophie always seemed to speak about having a little girl rather than a child.
If they are experiencing GD it would be a good idea to do a video or speak about it more openly, but I don’t think that would go down too well :(.

If they are feeling this way I hope that they manage to overcome it so they can enjoy their time with their baby rather than be being unhappy that he’s not a girl. It would be awful if he grew up and never felt good enough purely because of his gender.

Reactions: 3
"She can just have a girl in the future"

Uhh what?
I obviously worded this a bit wrong this morning. There’s a CHANCE she can still have a girl in the future so I don’t know why she’s acting like it’s her one shot. If they’d said they only wanted one child and she wanted it to be a girl and they’d ended up with a boy, still a bit crappy of them but I’d understand the disappointment a bit more. But she may have a girl in the future. Sure she could have fertility issues but she said herself she got pregnant the first time they tried. Maybe they won’t be that lucky again. But if she’s that desperate for a girl she could always adopt one. But knowing Sophie she would probably never consider something like that.

Reactions: 2
I’m not excusing them but Gender Disappointment is actually a lot more common than people think. It can be down to things like people not believing they’ll be a good enough parent to a child of the opposite gender. They will still love and want their baby but have more than likely visualised a different scenario. Sophie always seemed to speak about having a little girl rather than a child.
If they are experiencing GD it would be a good idea to do a video or speak about it more openly, but I don’t think that would go down too well :(.

If they are feeling this way I hope that they manage to overcome it so they can enjoy their time with their baby rather than be being unhappy that he’s not a girl. It would be awful if he grew up and never felt good enough purely because of his gender.
Ive had close family suffer with not being able to have children so I'm probably being a bit unsympathetic. I agree that it wouldn't go down well, but obviously hope that they can enjoy this without that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.