Sophie and Dave #4 Dave’s still so flabby, Sophie’s so grabby, they're not ready for the babby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive had close family suffer with not being able to have children so I'm probably being a bit unsympathetic. I agree that it wouldn't go down well, but obviously hope that they can enjoy this without that.
I’m sorry to hear that and understand where you’re coming from :) I do think GD is probably one of those things you don’t really consider to be a real thing unless you Or someone close to you experience it yourself.

Reactions: 1
Her skin is terribly sundamaged. You can tell that all she does is sit or lie in the sun, probably on her back still, and sun herself. In her stories from a Few weeks ago she wasn’t even wearing a hat. It’s so easy for pregnant women to overheat when their head is exposed to the sun like that. I swear she has no care for the health of this child. I wonder how many fruits and veggies she’s eating atm? Probably none knowing her crap diet.

Reactions: 7
Her skin is terribly sundamaged. You can tell that all she does is sit or lie in the sun, probably on her back still, and sun herself. In her stories from a Few weeks ago she wasn’t even wearing a hat. It’s so easy for pregnant women to overheat when their head is exposed to the sun like that. I swear she has no care for the health of this child. I wonder how many fruits and veggies she’s eating atm? Probably none knowing her crap diet.
She'll be fine, because she has a daily banana sandwich :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
the amount of sun exposure during this pregnancy is actually concerning...

Reactions: 4
Their diets are like unsupervised children.
At least they get home cooked dinners now they're at Mummy's. When they lived on their own it was instant pasta for lunch (which Sophie admitted stretched her culinary skills). Dinner was always a takeaway, usually Maccie D's. Never known either of them to have any fruit or veg the whole time they were in Basingstoke. It was a sea of beige.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
At least they get home cooked dinners now they're at Mummy's. When they lived on their own it was instant pasta for lunch (which Sophie admitted stretched her culinary skills). Dinner was always a takeaway, usually Maccie D's. Never known either of them to have any fruit or veg the whole time they were in Basingstoke. It was a sea of beige.
Her poor baby. It’s really important during pregnancy for her to eat a wide range of fruits/veg, !HEALTHY! carbohydrates (ie rice, potatoes and not chips and white bread!) and red meat, dairy or similar vegan products.
I don’t know about you other expectant mums but my midwife told me what I should be eating. Plus there’s plenty of resources online. I’ve been trying to get as many of my 5 a day as I can (avocado, broccoli, carrots, peas, salad, fruit -even dried fruit). Eat the rainbow is what you’re told so that your baby has a range of vitamins. A banana sandwich doesnt cut it if that’s all youre having!
I think she presumes that’s her prenatal vitamins will cover all the nutrients her baby should be having, but that should be just a supplement to her diet. These vitamins are particularly important to help to prevent vitamin deficiency in low income families, not middle class nit wits like her who spend all their grocery money on cans of energy drink and rice crispies.

I’m not saying I don’t pig out every day on treaty stuff, I most definitely do, but at least give your baby what it needs and what the midwives recommend!

Reactions: 2
I always feel bad commenting on mum's to be/mum's/others choice of parenting because it is hard and everyone is different..However, they don't seem to be doing the actual basics. A decent diet and some nappies is such an easy step to take. It makes me wonder what they are actually going to be like when the baby is here.

I always feel bad commenting on mum's to be/mum's/others choice of parenting because it is hard and everyone is different..However, they don't seem to be doing the actual basics. A decent diet and some nappies is such an easy step to take. It makes me wonder what they are actually going to be like when the baby is here.
I know Dave worked odd times but they’re not the sort to sit down together for a family meal, it was always takeaways on the sofa... For me that’s a basic of family life and something we did long Before we had our son

Reactions: 2
Still can’t believe these two are having an actual baby it’s madness 😂 I reckon if they were having a girl, that would be it, one kid. Bet Sophie’s pissed she’s gonna have to go through it all again for a 50/50 chance of that precious princess she so desperately needs

Do we actually think they don't have anything or alternatively that they're not showing it in the hope that brands/people will think they still need things and offer it?

If strangers online can be concerned that they don't have the essentials, surely their parents or Sophie's sister etc. have raised the same concerns?

Whilst it would be annoying, hopefully (for the babies sake) they're just not showing it as to not put off people potentially sending things.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't published wish lists for viewers to purchase and hosted a virtual baby shower at this rate!

Do we actually think they don't have anything or alternatively that they're not showing it in the hope that brands/people will think they still need things and offer it?

If strangers online can be concerned that they don't have the essentials, surely their parents or Sophie's sister etc. have raised the same concerns?

Whilst it would be annoying, hopefully (for the babies sake) they're just not showing it as to not put off people potentially sending things.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't published wish lists for viewers to purchase and hosted a virtual baby shower at this rate!
I wonder this, surely if they do genuinely not have anything, her Mum or sisters would have started to pick up the odd pack of nappies or wipes with the shopping. You can buy quite a lot of what you’d need for a baby (apart from big things or furniture) in a super market so could be well underway with ensuring the essentials.

I really can’t see how they’ve got to this far without anything. I hope it is just all a big plea to try and get some freebies and they do have things at home waiting.

I wonder this, surely if they do genuinely not have anything, her Mum or sisters would have started to pick up the odd pack of nappies or wipes with the shopping. You can buy quite a lot of what you’d need for a baby (apart from big things or furniture) in a super market so could be well underway with ensuring the essentials.

I really can’t see how they’ve got to this far without anything. I hope it is just all a big plea to try and get some freebies and they do have things at home waiting.
I'm sure someone mentioned there was a car seat in the background at some point. It wouldn't surprise me if they had her nephews hand-me-downs (which would be fine) but are holding out in case they get something better.

Babies don't even need nurseries straight away so waiting for their own home isn't an excuse. Especially as given current circumstances, it's unlikely that's even going to happen prior to birth!

Reactions: 4
They’re missing a trick here. Why aren’t they doing ‘baby clothes I bought from supermarket hauls’ or ‘come online shop for baby stuff with me’. More people are buying baby clothes from supermarkets because it’s relatively cheap and good quality

Reactions: 6
3CBBB902-5C69-4CBF-8587-61D55F16343A.png

So I wonder if today is the day that they will announce they are selling something on their website? - I saw on their page they have everything set up ready to see something. I like them both but this situation sits weirdly with me, asking for money for their baby.

Reactions: 8
Their ‘worries and fears’?!?!? Weren’t they the ones who actively decided to have a baby? Covid19 or not, it’s nothing to do with the pandemic that they can’t provide for their own child. It’s their own sheer laziness and stupidity that’s gotten them into this.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That is not a good screen shot of Sophie 😂 If they are doing this video just to sell some pin that's just shameful.
I'm not going to buying anything knowing that it'll probably be used for Dave to but protein and energy drinks that are completely wasted on him.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
More begging ... And more fool the idiots that fall for it. Of course she's got everything she needs, her family wouldn't let her go short. But pretending she has nothing is bringing in the £££s 😠

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Cannot wait for the pity party video tonight, their current situation is nothing to do with coronavirus and everything to do with their laziness and lack of work ethic.

Reactions: 7
View attachment 127500

So I wonder if today is the day that they will announce they are selling something on their website? - I saw on their page they have everything set up ready to see something. I like them both but this situation sits weirdly with me, asking for money for their baby.
What's worse is the manipulation of the situation for their own gain. Yes it's a rubbish situation, as it currently is for most people. But the core reason they have 'worries' is not purely because of COVID, but because they made poor decisions and refused to take accountability for their own actions and tackle their issues.

Instead of doing that even now, they'll create a woe-is-me video shortly followed by begging for help via purchase of whatever it is their flogging.

I don't think they're bad people to their core by any means, but they are becoming more and more manipulative of their audience in order to get what they want without putting in any effort and that's wrong. The people I feel sorry for is not Sophie and Dave but the mugs who actively give them money.

As literally everyone is saying, the frustrating thing is if they actually put in the effort they wouldn't need to be manipulative and beg. They're both not working so both essentially have full time hours to dedicate to YouTube yet are still struggling to create regular good content. They could make baby on a budget content which is always popular, but instead are choosing to hold out in the hopes of being gifted items so they can portray a different image.

I'm a big believer in trying to turn any negative into a positive and for Sophie and Dave they could actually gain something out of the negative situation at the moment by growing their channel and having time most people don't get to prepare for their baby, but are choosing not too. They're both healthy, Dave's getting furlough and they're safe living with Sophie's family, so they're in a far better position than a lot of people as much as they like to spin it otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.