Sophie and Dave #4 Dave’s still so flabby, Sophie’s so grabby, they're not ready for the babby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the first time I have ever posted - I’m much more of a lurker on forums - but I just can’t hold it in any longer. Sophie and Dave need to pull their heads out of the clouds. Having dreams is all well and good but right now they need a reality check. Baby will soon be here and I really, really don’t think they have any idea what is about to hit them. Even the most prepared of couples find becoming first time parents hard, so what the hell is it going to be like for Sophie and Dave?

I honestly think that Dave’s acting/musical career is done, so he will naturally become fed up and resentful at having to have a ‘normal’ job. I can’t see Sophie being supportive of him being away on tour or constantly in London once she realises how much hard work children are. And if they find it hard to regularly upload now with no baby, in lockdown with neither of them working, then they’re going to find it impossible to upload once the baby arrives and Dave is back doing night shifts. I think Sophie is banking on their YouTube channel growing and becoming a huge success and everything will magically work itself out but it just isn’t going to happen. They’re not driven enough, aren’t interesting enough and, quite frankly, aren’t likeable enough. Like, in ten years will they have a popular channel that pays their bills full-time? Not a chance. Their YouTube/Instagram certainly won’t be bringing in decent money to keep a roof over their heads or provide for their family, and making crappy little pins as a form of steady income when you’re in your 40s isn’t really going to cut it. They have their ‘dream’ plan A but what is plan B? Or is plan B so unacceptable they can’t even consider it? Dave is going to end up resentful that his dream never took off, Sophie is going to end up resentful that her dream never took off, and they’re both going to be resentful at the way their lives have turned out. Reality is about to hit them like a ton of bricks. This is a recipe for disaster...
Realistically I think Dave will have to take a 5+ year break from acting unless she gets pregnant again then it’ll have to reset. It’s all good and well Sophie saying she doesn’t mind waiting for him and him going away for work but he will miss lots of his child’s development and until they’re older kids can’t understand FaceTime or where their other parents has gone. I know for some families they do it and make it work for certain jobs, but I can’t imagine it pays well enough to warrant splitting your family up? And also it wouldn’t really be fair once barney is in school to move him all over the country all the time for faves acting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Realistically I think Dave will have to take a 5+ year break from acting unless she gets pregnant again then it’ll have to reset. It’s all good and well Sophie saying she doesn’t mind waiting for him and him going away for work but he will miss lots of his child’s development and until they’re older kids can’t understand FaceTime or where their other parents has gone. I know for some families they do it and make it work for certain jobs, but I can’t imagine it pays well enough to warrant splitting your family up?
She will get pregnant again as soon as she can. You can see in her eyes that she’s given up on this pregnancy. All she wants is a girl.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Ok so lots of people get pregnant without planning to and make it work for the sake of their child’s. These two planned this. I feel like if you are actively planning a baby, you need to do a financial check that you can cope with adversity (not that anyone could have predicted a pandemic) but a least a financial cushion especially if you are both going to be unemployed, Dave through his theatre work ending and Sophie through choice. Now I do agree that moving home is a sensible suggestion, why be somewhere totally random like Basingstoke where they don’t know anyone. However, if you are thinking of having a family, which we know they were PUT SOME MONEY aside!! my husband and I were fully employed and desperate for a child but we had to wait to make sure we could afford mat leave and and had a cushion of finances for adult life emergencies. Now we all know Covid has made this harder, but they already knew some things:
1. Dave would need a new job
2 Sophie would need a new job
3. Sophie would not be entitled to mat leave pay from her job
For these reasons... MOVE then SAVE then try for a baby!!
Now I would never suggest, now that they are having Barney, that it is a mistake - having lost babies I know wholeheartedly that this is not true. However, they literally planned this.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So we think the “ATM live“ comments have hit a nerve,

dave seemed sheepish on the last one, like he was bleeping embarrassed by himself,
he seemed to be overdoing the “thank you’s”

like he had some self respect, which he clearly doesn’t 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Ok so lots of people get pregnant without planning to and make it work for the sake of their child’s. These two planned this. I feel like if you are actively planning a baby, you need to do a financial check that you can cope with adversity (not that anyone could have predicted a pandemic) but a least a financial cushion especially if you are both going to be unemployed, Dave through his theatre work ending and Sophie through choice. Now I do agree that moving home is a sensible suggestion, why be somewhere totally random like Basingstoke where they don’t know anyone. However, if you are thinking of having a family, which we know they were PUT SOME MONEY aside!! my husband and I were fully employed and desperate for a child but we had to wait to make sure we could afford mat leave and and had a cushion of finances for adult life emergencies. Now we all know Covid has made this harder, but they already knew some things:
1. Dave would need a new job
2 Sophie would need a new job
3. Sophie would not be entitled to mat leave pay from her job
For these reasons... MOVE then SAVE then try for a baby!!
Now I would never suggest, now that they are having Barney, that it is a mistake - having lost babies I know wholeheartedly that this is not true. However, they literally planned this.
sorry for your losses, I’ve been there and it’s horrible. Sophie doesn’t know how lucky she is, you would of thought with her early scare that she’d be a bit more grateful for where she is.
She is a complete shadow of the person she was when regularly (although spontaneously) uploaded to her Sophie Belle channel when they lived in London. I remember when I first started following her she was reading the book Girl Boss, obviously didn’t do much for her. I think back then if she had stuck at it she could of had a really promising career on YouTube, it also would of made sense for them to then stay in London for both their work.
However, that being said, I don’t think Dave is going to make it. I think he needs to start thinking of different career paths. Like Sophie’s sister’s husband. I’m sure he doesn’t call himself an actor, because his real job is in law, but even when Dave doesn’t have an acting gig he falls himself an actor

Reactions: 9
More importantly, how would they afford the rent? OK council houses/flats are cheaper than privately renting but Sophie most likely won’t get maternity pay as she wasn’t at her job long enough and if Dave goes back to work, his wage probably wouldn’t cover all bills
I also realised that their car is a lease, so that means extra bills.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Just seen on FB that the Baby Show are doing a virtual event on the 16th/17th because there Birmingham event was scheduled for this week.

Might be worth recommending to Sophie and Dave?

Reactions: 2
This is the first time I have ever posted - I’m much more of a lurker on forums - but I just can’t hold it in any longer. Sophie and Dave need to pull their heads out of the clouds. Having dreams is all well and good but right now they need a reality check. Baby will soon be here and I really, really don’t think they have any idea what is about to hit them. Even the most prepared of couples find becoming first time parents hard, so what the hell is it going to be like for Sophie and Dave?

I honestly think that Dave’s acting/musical career is done, so he will naturally become fed up and resentful at having to have a ‘normal’ job. I can’t see Sophie being supportive of him being away on tour or constantly in London once she realises how much hard work children are. And if they find it hard to regularly upload now with no baby, in lockdown with neither of them working, then they’re going to find it impossible to upload once the baby arrives and Dave is back doing night shifts. I think Sophie is banking on their YouTube channel growing and becoming a huge success and everything will magically work itself out but it just isn’t going to happen. They’re not driven enough, aren’t interesting enough and, quite frankly, aren’t likeable enough. Like, in ten years will they have a popular channel that pays their bills full-time? Not a chance. Their YouTube/Instagram certainly won’t be bringing in decent money to keep a roof over their heads or provide for their family, and making crappy little pins as a form of steady income when you’re in your 40s isn’t really going to cut it. They have their ‘dream’ plan A but what is plan B? Or is plan B so unacceptable they can’t even consider it? Dave is going to end up resentful that his dream never took off, Sophie is going to end up resentful that her dream never took off, and they’re both going to be resentful at the way their lives have turned out. Reality is about to hit them like a ton of bricks. This is a recipe for disaster...
This is so accurate.
Sadly, Dave's physique is going to hold him back in roles and tbh I'm not even sure how much he would get paid.
They really need to think about what is more important now and they should realise it's the baby, not some fantasy career. Let's be honest neither of them were going to make it big.
Hate the pity party they are having. They made the choices that got them here and they are very luck they have family to rely on - alot of people don't.

And following on from this, Dave is acting useless at the moment. Instead of doing adverts for energy drinks that are going to rot your teeth and insides why don't you actually looked for a proper job. I can honestly just imagine them, Sophie lying down on the sofa with everyone telling her it's going to be okay and Dave with Chip looking up acting jobs. It's embarrassing

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I wonder why Dave hasn’t been made to get a supermarket job even if just part time? If that was my partner living in my mum’s house then she would insist on it, especially if he is more than capable of getting one. I’m surprised he’s been allowed to just do nothing all day and not contribute to the household and his future child - they need to grow up and get on with it

Reactions: 11
I wonder why Dave hasn’t been made to get a supermarket job even if just part time? If that was my partner living in my mum’s house then she would insist on it, especially if he is more than capable of getting one. I’m surprised he’s been allowed to just do nothing all day and not contribute to the household and his future child - they need to grow up and get on with it
Possibly because he’s still getting paid 80% from the job retention scheme and if he were to work full time on top of that, he’d be taxed an absolute bomb.

Reactions: 1
Looks like he has a job,
sampling new energy drinks. 😐 I just wish he’d wash his clothes

• Sick
I did notice that but appreciate Chip has light hair so it is difficult with pet hair. Would probably avoid black clothing though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
To get into the higher tax bracket he would need to earn over 50k a year...I doubt he’s close to that on 80% of his call centre wage, especially as it wouldn’t include any commission he might earn...
Unless he earns under 12.5k so doesn’t pay tax...
I’m pretty sure a supermarket job wouldn’t push him into the higher tax bracket!

Even part time work would give them extra money for baby stuff instead of resorting to blatant begging

To get into the higher tax bracket he would need to earn over 50k a year...I doubt he’s close to that on 80% of his call centre wage, especially as it wouldn’t include any commission he might earn...
Unless he earns under 12.5k so doesn’t pay tax...
I’m pretty sure a supermarket job wouldn’t push him into the higher tax bracket!

Even part time work would give them extra money for baby stuff instead of resorting to blatant begging

I think their 'reason' would be it is a riak to expose Sophie and the baby via supermarket work?

I bet he cannot believe his luck getting furlough though and not having to go to work! My Hub had worked for the same company for years and they have given him ZERO!!

• Sad
  • Wow
So sophie's mum doesn't work either? She must go shopping to the supermarket as well as Dave so they could bring it home to sophie regardless. Dave was over the moon he no longer had to work. So was sophie until they realised babies are expensive.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
They just need to go buy nappies, a few packs of vests and sleep suits and somewhere for the baby to sleep to get them started.

Reactions: 3
I don't think it would cross their minds to get another job. He's getting a furlough wage so in their world that's a full time job. Remember when Sophie moaned about how tiring she found working 30 hours a week (before she was pregnant). Those two are just workshy. Can't even be bothered to upload any decent YouTube content. Lazy freeloaders the pair of them.

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.