Sophie and Dave #10 Dave relaxing 4 all he's worth, he deserves it after his miracle birth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s hardly fat shaming, so much as observation.

I am a large person, so I do sympathise with Dave, BUT he seems so in denial? Like he doesn’t see how big he is. Now he’s got a kid and is seemingly unemployed it’d be the perfect opportunity to get healthy, learn how to cook ACTUAL food (not an oven pizza!) so he could help nourish Soph too and therefore ensure the Barnstormer is brought up in a healthy environment. Especially with Chip’s health problems and needing to lose weight it really could be good.

He just can’t be arsed.

Reactions: 12
And also I don't care about Dave. But can I say that someone is morbidly obese and maybe shouldn't be trying to ignore it or wrap themselves up in cotton wool?

Yes.

Reactions: 7
So I think that recently this thread has become less about Sophie and Dave and more about just bashing fat people and I am not here for it.

Unpopular opinion but I support the body positivity movement WHOLEHEARTEDLY and to basically say that a fat person simply existing and wanting to feel positive about their body is asking society to enable them is out of line.

A person's weight is NOBODYS business, and there's been a lot of fat phobia wrapped up in faux concern for Dave's health which is a pretty common theme online tbh. I don't feel like anybody on this thread (myself included) can genuinely be concerned about Dave's health when you don't know him as a person and you follow a thread dedicated to discussing his flaws. Just own it, don't pretend it's coming from a good place.

All I'm saying is, if people want to discuss obesity and fatness and diet culture there are plenty of places to do that. A LOT of people struggle with their weight and it's not just as easy as 'eat less move more. If it was, nobody would be overweight.

As a fat person myself I'd personally just like to get back to what we all came here for, discussing Sophie and Dave, and not constantly see people talking about what awful people fat people are.
I guess we both have valid points. Most people come on this threads to mock their behaviours and to be honest my post was more about being frustrated about Dave's being in denial, yet then seeking validation on instagram when there is actually a pressing need for him to look after himself for his health. I am not fat phobic, but frustrated to see influencers like Dave refusing to help themselves.

Reactions: 5
A LOT of people struggle with their weight and it's not just as easy as 'eat less move more. If it was, nobody would be overweight.
I was the one earlier who said eat less move more and I really believe for the vast majority of the population it really is as simple as that. The only people I see disputing this is the likes of personal trainers who want to portray that they have the magic formula and so charge naive people a fortune for the privilege of telling them. Yet these PTs idolise James smith who has made a fortune from book from saying calories deficit and NEAT up all the time.

Body positivity is one thing. Being morbidly obese at 30 years of age is another thing. You shouldn’t get the two things mixed up.

• Heart
And also I don't care about Dave. But can I say that someone is morbidly obese and maybe shouldn't be trying to ignore it or wrap themselves up in cotton wool?

Yes.

Yes.
Personally I don't think trying to be body positive and love yourself a little more is 'wrapping yourself up in cotton wool'. People deserve respect no matter what size they are and no matter if they're trying to lose weight or not. BUT I'm doing the exact thing I said I disagreed with and getting into a debate about something that doesn't belong here. So I'll stop.

Everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinions, I just wanted to say my piece.

I was the one earlier who said eat less move more and I really believe for the vast majority of the population it really is as simple as that. The only people I see disputing this is the likes of personal trainers who want to portray that they have the magic formula and so charge naive people a fortune for the privilege of telling them. Yet these PTs idolise James smith who has made a fortune from book from saying calories deficit and NEAT up all the time.

Body positivity is one thing. Being morbidly obese at 30 years of age is another thing. You shouldn’t get the two things mixed up.
Disagree, lots of science is now coming out to say there needs to be more support than that.

Also, as an advocate for body positivity the whole point of it is that it is for EVERYBODY, regardless of weight or any other factor. That's literally what it's about.

But again, no more from me. That's not a debate for here.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
You can love yourself where you are whilst working to be healthy. You can also hate yourself at any size. I think the problem is that Dave is lazy full stop. And even though he knows his health is at risk, he doesn't do anything to help himself.

We don't all have to agree of course but I just wanted to say I wasn't fat bashing xx

Reactions: 10
Anyway, 7.10 and no upload and there wasn't one Friday, just what exactly do this pair of lazy good for nothings do with their days ?
And don't play the baby card, I've had one and had a husband who went out to work 9 hours every day and I still managed to do more !

Everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinions, I just wanted to say my piece.
Fair enough, no disrespect meant here.

I still stand by my view that Dave needs to do something about his health and laziness (around helping out around the house) because yes, they have an adorable little baby who needs him. I was just (not very eloquently) trying to say for most people (obviously medical conditions excepting) the key to combating obesity is to eat less/eat right and move more.

Let's hope Sophie and Dave come up with some exciting content for us to comment on soon.

Seriously though, I didn't mean to indirectly upset anyone.

Reactions: 7
Anyway, 7.10 and no upload and there wasn't one Friday, just what exactly do this pair of lazy good for nothings do with their days ?
And don't play the baby card, I've had one and had a husband who went out to work 9 hours every day and I still managed to do more !
Bake packet cookies, make sweet gym GAINZZZ, sleep, obsess over their baby that looks like Max Branning and scam their fans.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Fair enough, no disrespect meant here.

I still stand by my view that Dave needs to do something about his health and laziness (around helping out around the house) because yes, they have an adorable little baby who needs him. I was just (not very eloquently) trying to say for most people (obviously medical conditions excepting) the key to combating obesity is to eat less/eat right and move more.

Let's hope Sophie and Dave come up with some exciting content for us to comment on soon.

Seriously though, I didn't mean to indirectly upset anyone.
Not at all, I think a bit of healthy debate is good! And the fact that we haven't all descended into name calling like S+Ds core fan base always do whenever anyone says anything shows we're not all the monsters people think we are 🤣 For the record I absolutely didn't mean to offend anyone either, this is just something I'm passionate about.

You can love yourself where you are whilst working to be healthy. You can also hate yourself at any size. I think the problem is that Dave is lazy full stop. And even though he knows his health is at risk, he doesn't do anything to help himself.

We don't all have to agree of course but I just wanted to say I wasn't fat bashing xx
Absolutely! We're all adult enough to respect each other's opinions 😊 xx

Reactions: 6
I 💯 stand by what I said as well, and I didn’t mean to sound like I was fat shaming. I’m obese myself, as is my husband, but we’re slowly trying to do something about it.
Dave has been trying to lose weigh for years, yet puts more and more on every time.
He’s been furloughed from work (and has possibly quit now?!) with a baby on the way, that was the perfect chance to do something, but all he seemed to do was weights and eat loads of protein ‘for da gainzzzzz’ Me and my husband were both furloughed, we took up the running and the couch to 5k.

Dave is lazy, end of. It’s apparent from the vlogs, Soph who looks exhausted and is up feeding all night is busy cleaning the house, whilst Dave is wrapped up like a burrito on the sofa, after spending the night in the spare room.

Reactions: 8
Dave's problem is that he is looking high and low for a diet solution that allows him to eat crap food he enjoys AND lose weight. That's just not going to happen. Very few people can eat what they like and not have their weight change. Dave is not one of those people, he needs to accept that. The only way he will lose weight is with a varied diet and everything in moderation(!!!!), plus burning calories through exercise. Sorry to break it to you Dave, but it really is that simple... and boring. There's no magic diet that says you can eat endless amounts of crap and drop the lbs. Not going to happen. Accept that, move forward and do something about it.

Reactions: 11
I can’t be bothered to watch the vlog tonight. I tried for about 2 minutes but have given up (projects at home are calling for my undivided attention). Anything interesting or worth mentioning happen with the flamily or is it boring rubbish per usual?

Reactions: 2
Struggled through the vlog, seriously mundane today, though I do think it is admirable that Soph isn’t sugar coating the breastfeeding struggles she’s having, given the Disney fantasy bubble she normally paints.

Chip rolling about on a bare mattress in an unmade bed tho :sick: :sick: :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Chip rolling about on a bare mattress in an unmade bed tho :sick: :sick: :sick:
Par for the course with that pair of mingers. Hygiene has never been a priority. Two highlights being Chip slavering all over the Gender Reveal Buffet before everyone tucked in and Dave putting garlic bread straight into the oven with no baking tray or foil. The oven was disgusting and they'd only been in the house for a couple of weeks. Grim.

Reactions: 9
So in this video we have proof that Sophie eats fruit AND vegetables, that Dave cooks for her and that Dave helps with the baby's cup feeds so SHUT UP TATTLE

That being said Sophie saying Chip will always be her first born was a bit unsettling 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Par for the course with that pair of mingers. Hygiene has never been a priority. Two highlights being Chip slavering all over the Gender Reveal Buffet before everyone tucked in and Dave putting garlic bread straight into the oven with no baking tray or foil. The oven was disgusting and they'd only been in the house for a couple of weeks. Grim.
Don’t forget that Sophie had a stir fry! I think that’s actually the healthiest thing I’ve ever known her to eat 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.