Sophie and Dave #10 Dave relaxing 4 all he's worth, he deserves it after his miracle birth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The tongue tie video only got 15k views so that's probably only their die hard fans watching for updates. Noone else is flocking to the videos they way I think they expected people to.

Reactions: 6
Dave’s latest Instagram post looks like a ransom photo. ‘Give me all the protein scccchhhhnacks in the world or I’m gonna eat the baby’

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Have you seen Dave's insta story? Do you think he's having a real issue with his body atm?
I completely agree that no one should feel they should live up to these 'standards' of body image and feel bad about a normal body with stretch marks, cellulite, rolls, acne etc etc...
but he is very overweight.
Yes you should feel comfortable in your skin but he obviously doesn't? He should work on feeling healthier and making better habits rather than saying 'oh society should accept me for who I am'.
Some people really need to accept that they have to put the work in too 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
I accept Dave is a person with rights and thoughts and feelings like the rest of us.

But alcoholics don't get to ask for their damaging behaviours to be ignored or blindly supported. Morbidly obese people shouldn't either. Nor should the dangerously slim.

You are killing yourselves. A bit of extra weight, or a little slim, live and let live. But Dave. Dave. Time to wake up. You are morbidly obese. You are. You can be that. But you have a son now and you need to get healthy and pull your head out of your arse. Society doesn't exist to enable you.

Reactions: 24
.. should work on feeling healthier and making better habits rather than saying 'oh society should accept me for who I am'.
He's an imbecile. He shouldn't be worrying about society accepting him. It is the grim reaper accepting him he should be worried about.

The size that he has become has gone beyond just 'not looking good' (understatement) but is a genuine health issue that will considerably shorten his life expectancy.

Reactions: 13
Conversation with my husband just now.

Me: have you seen the lastest repost Dave did on his insta stories?
Husband: no what is it another black lives matter repost?
Me: no not this time - more like fat lives matter!

😂😂😂

I cracked myself up tbh!

And before anyone comes at me I am neither racist nor fattist (?) - it was just a funny off the cuff joke. Disclaimer done.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
So this whole thing on Daves insta story...don’t get me wrong it’s nice of him to share it etc. However I don’t think Dave ever come across as ashamed of his body? Like fair enough he doesn’t swim without a top on, or show himself topless or whatever but he always seems very confident on camera. He performed in various costumes in shows that have previously been played by slimmer actors and doesn’t seem bothered by that? No saying that he should either. I feel for the guy if he’s genuinely wanting to lose weight but can’t, I do feel like they forget they vlog themselves eating like students every day though. I seriously think it’s gone beyond diet and exercise with him now, he needs to go seek medical advice because I honestly don’t think he has the knowledge or willpower he needs

Reactions: 5
I was just going to say that he may need professional help at this stage. I remember his YouTube channel from a long time ago and he’s not changed in that time. I often put a few unwanted pounds on but use the old ‘eat less move more trick’ and within a few weeks I’ve got back on track. Unfortunately I think Dave has gone beyond that. The worst of it is in this YouTube generation, they could make a fortune through the views and free products if he was to go on a proper weight loss journey (hate that word).

Reactions: 10
I was just going to say that he may need professional help at this stage. I remember his YouTube channel from a long time ago and he’s not changed in that time. I often put a few unwanted pounds on but use the old ‘eat less move more trick’ and within a few weeks I’ve got back on track. Unfortunately I think Dave has gone beyond that. The worst of it is in this YouTube generation, they could make a fortune through the views and free products if he was to go on a proper weight loss journey (hate that word).
He is too lazy to put real effort in though. The muscle food ad he/they recently did, it looked so bland and unappetising, and never really got any results .... 7lbs in 2/3 weeks is nothing for someone his size if he was sticking to the plan properly.
I've recently started watching a youtuber called Beatrice Caruso. She started her channel 3 months ago, and has 200,000 subscribers. She lives in the states, and does weekly/monthly challenges (run a mile a day for a month for example) and documents it all.

If Dave was a.) serious about losing weight and b.) serious about wanting a steady income without having to work, then he really needs to up his game. It is do able. Me and my husband have been a health kick lately, we're not as big as Dave, but have lost 2 stone each, just by watching what we eat, and moving more.

Reactions: 11
He is too lazy to put real effort in though. The muscle food ad he/they recently did, it looked so bland and unappetising, and never really got any results .... 7lbs in 2/3 weeks is nothing for someone his size if he was sticking to the plan properly.
I've recently started watching a youtuber called Beatrice Caruso. She started her channel 3 months ago, and has 200,000 subscribers. She lives in the states, and does weekly/monthly challenges (run a mile a day for a month for example) and documents it all.

If Dave was a.) serious about losing weight and b.) serious about wanting a steady income without having to work, then he really needs to up his game. It is do able. Me and my husband have been a health kick lately, we're not as big as Dave, but have lost 2 stone each, just by watching what we eat, and moving more.
Exactly, a lot of the time even a small adjustment to intake and movement gets the weight loss journey moving. If he committed to 1 x stroll for a couple of miles around block and 1 x dog walk a day, and cut out the snacks, he should find things start to change quite quickly.

I started to feel unfit at the start of lockdown as was scared to walk around outside ( I'm talking about March and April) and so i put on several pounds due to lack of movement. I now go for a early evening walk for at least 2 miles and only have minimal chocolate stock in the house and the past month I feel less lethargic and more inclined to walk further each day.

If you want change, it is generally in your hands though of course some people do have medical conditions that really make it difficult, but for most it is an incorrect intake-output balance at fault. Trouble is, Dave needs to WANT to make some adjustments. I think also an issue with some couples is wanting to eat what the other does, every day, down to equal portions etc. Everyone has different metabolism and nutritional requirements. If Sophie needs more food to keep up with her supply demand, that doesn't mean Dave should keep up with that. One person in a couple may have to accept that they can't eat the same calories as another. Some people might need more vitamins to combat tiredness, some may take too many supplements and therefore need to cut that out. At this point, to see results that would work best for him, I think professional help is needed.

Reactions: 3
So I think that recently this thread has become less about Sophie and Dave and more about just bashing fat people and I am not here for it.

Unpopular opinion but I support the body positivity movement WHOLEHEARTEDLY and to basically say that a fat person simply existing and wanting to feel positive about their body is asking society to enable them is out of line.

A person's weight is NOBODYS business, and there's been a lot of fat phobia wrapped up in faux concern for Dave's health which is a pretty common theme online tbh. I don't feel like anybody on this thread (myself included) can genuinely be concerned about Dave's health when you don't know him as a person and you follow a thread dedicated to discussing his flaws. Just own it, don't pretend it's coming from a good place.

All I'm saying is, if people want to discuss obesity and fatness and diet culture there are plenty of places to do that. A LOT of people struggle with their weight and it's not just as easy as 'eat less move more. If it was, nobody would be overweight.

As a fat person myself I'd personally just like to get back to what we all came here for, discussing Sophie and Dave, and not constantly see people talking about what awful people fat people are.
But dave talks about it 🤔

Reactions: 9
So I think that recently this thread has become less about Sophie and Dave and more about just bashing fat people and I am not here for it.

Unpopular opinion but I support the body positivity movement WHOLEHEARTEDLY and to basically say that a fat person simply existing and wanting to feel positive about their body is asking society to enable them is out of line.

A person's weight is NOBODYS business, and there's been a lot of fat phobia wrapped up in faux concern for Dave's health which is a pretty common theme online tbh. I don't feel like anybody on this thread (myself included) can genuinely be concerned about Dave's health when you don't know him as a person and you follow a thread dedicated to discussing his flaws. Just own it, don't pretend it's coming from a good place.

All I'm saying is, if people want to discuss obesity and fatness and diet culture there are plenty of places to do that. A LOT of people struggle with their weight and it's not just as easy as 'eat less move more. If it was, nobody would be overweight.

As a fat person myself I'd personally just like to get back to what we all came here for, discussing Sophie and Dave, and not constantly see people talking about what awful people fat people are.
I have no interest in his wellbeing. He’s lazy and morbidly obese end of. There’s no other way of putting it he just is and that’s a fact. This is a thread to discuss everything to do with Dave and Sophie so I think we should be allowed to discuss his weight when he’s talking about his body and pretending to lose weight all time and work out.

Reactions: 12
Where did I say Dave was awful in this post?

I mean he is a horrible human, we know that from well, everything that has happened recently. From violating lockdown to fleecing fans. He is also morbidly obese. That's just a fact.

Did I say he was a horrible human BECAUSE he was morbidly obese? No I didn't.

We can talk about a multitude of things on this thread. A person can be more than one thing.

It isn't fat bashing at all. My best friend is (by her own admission) fat. But morbid obesity is as much of a health condition as anorexia.

Dave doesn't need more reasons to ignore it under the guise of self love.

Reactions: 16
I’m sorry but it’s more he’s looking for attention. All of a sudden when sophie starts struggling and the attention is on her and barney and she’s the focus of the vlogs Dave starts putting up posts about his weight etc and feeling sorry for himself I don’t have any sympathy for him whatsoever he has more tools and help than most. He has somewhat of a gym set up, he has a personal trainer friend in Matt, he has muscle food sponsorships and he has been doing duck all while he’s been off work

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I have no interest in his wellbeing. He’s lazy and morbidly obese end of. There’s no other way of putting it he just is and that’s a fact. This is a thread to discuss everything to do with Dave and Sophie so I think we should be allowed to discuss his weight when he’s talking about his body and pretending to lose weight all time and work out.
At least you're honest about it 😂 A lot of people are pretending it's because they care about his health which was my point.

Also, I'm not saying his weight is out of bounds (although I personally wouldn't choose to comment on it) but I think the problem is the discussion then starts spreading out to include the wider community. It stops being just about Dave and becomes about obesity in general.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.