Sober Curious tattlers support thread (Dry January and beyond!)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did DJ last January and actually made it to about 89 days. This year I’m planning to get to the 29th (going away for the weekend) but I’m really enjoying it again. Waking up in a weekend feeling fresh is the best feeling.

Reactions: 5
Loving being back on the Dry Jan bandwagon, although I started a day late this time due to delayed Covid Christmas plans.

I found the app really helpful for keeping me on track for the rest of the year. I stayed dry until Easter and then set myself a couple of small goals: no more than 3 days drinking in any Mon-Sun week, stay dry for at least half the days in any given month and more than 2/3 of the year overall. Did them all until December when I got covid and was isolating in my flat alone so drinking was one of the few things to make it enjoyable 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Passing the first weekend of Dry January is a great milestone 👏
I've noticed I don't spend so much money & energy on sourcing AF alternatives as I did previously. A nice sparking water or tonic water with ice and a slice works for me ok.

I did have a couple of AF beers last night but I don’t think I’d buy any more. I do wish that someone could come up with an AF red wine that doesn’t taste like grape juice.
Anyway 10 days in. I’m pleased about that:)

Starting to struggle today, I seem to be finding mid weeks harder than weekends! Maybe because in the afternoons I'm working and want something to look forward to. Might go for a walk now and if I'm still feeling like this when I get home order a takeaway

Starting to struggle today, I seem to be finding mid weeks harder than weekends! Maybe because in the afternoons I'm working and want something to look forward to. Might go for a walk now and if I'm still feeling like this when I get home order a takeaway
Sounds like a good plan :)

Reactions: 3
Yes! I’m still going strong ☺ It’s been a tit week and day though, but am going to stay dry

Reactions: 6
Todays been the hardest day yet but got loads of mexicn stuff for tea to take my mind of it

Todays been the hardest day yet but got loads of mexicn stuff for tea to take my mind of it
Oooh lovely! What are you having? I’m making curry and having a nice relaxing bath afterward. I’m so drained and tired. Hopefully after a feed we will feel a bit more ourselves!

Ive had an awful week. Got through the worst day without a drink. Now its friday, i would LOVE a drink. 😩

14 days and no craving tonight for a drink, it helps that I had a workout earlier, don't want to ruin it by overindulging. Only craving fizzy drinks like AF ginger beer, gonna get some tomorrow with some limes 🥰

Still dry and managed a meal out with fella tonight and stuck to a mocktail. Wasn’t even tempted which was good. I found last years dry jan really hard in comparison.

Reactions: 2
Still going - not craving which is nice! Don’t know how I’d feel if someone put my favourite cocktail in front of me but for now I’m happy on water, and my skin is certainly thanking me for it 😂

I’m still going too, went out for dinner today and wasn’t even tempted by a glass of wine thought I might of been. I’m aiming for giving up full stop but we’ll see let’s get January done first then a 100 days and we’ll see how I feel.

Second weekend done & dusted 👏
I find eating dinner earlier cuts out that pre dinner dead time where I want to drink.
Last dry jan for me was just "getting through it". Now I feel I can consciously enjoy not drinking & some of the benefits.