Sober Curious tattlers support thread (Dry January and beyond!)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still going but I think iโ€™ll be stopping on Saturday - away for the weekend and Iโ€™m ready to have a couple. No binging though, and I do really enjoy being sober, I just also like drinking ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 4
Iโ€™m still going here started a bit early so already done a month Iโ€™m going to aim for a 100 days and then see how I feel.

Reactions: 5
Still going here. Trying to see if I can carry on til my birthday in April but not putting any pressure on myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Iโ€™m still going too! I think Iโ€™ll keep going through feb unless thereโ€™s an occasion. Feeling good!

• Heart
Caved last night ๐Ÿ˜”, hub passed his exam so we had some fizz and OMG I have felt awful all day today, even my eye balls hurt.

Annoyed as was so close, will try again. Hopefully will last to valentines and just share a red.

Well done all who stayed the distance ๐Ÿ‘

Reactions: 3
you were celebrating though โ˜บ Thatโ€™s a great reason. Congrats to mr pesky! I am dreading the first hangover so much, thatโ€™s whatโ€™s motivating me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Still AF here...
Got my hands on some Guiness 0% ๐Ÿ‘
I'm having to unfollow sober accounts on Instagram. Turns out, they are bleeping annoying and make it their whole personality.

Going out tonight and a little concerned after how awful I felt drinking in Jan. It's an independent pub so will aim to just have a couple nice drinks and go quality over quantity. I need to get in the mindset to just enjoy the company etc and not be drinking for the buzz.
What's the zero guiness like? I do like a porter, my go to was always lager, when I had my health check the nurse asked my preferred drink and I told her and she went 'mmmm classy' ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ 

• Wow
Reactions: 2
@Pesky Tarian its totally the anxiety about feeling rough which is getting to me and partly why I am still dry. I feel really anxious about if.

just go and have a few really delicious drinks, sub a sneaky af free beer in among them if you feel a bit too tiddly for comfort?

@Pesky Tarian its totally the anxiety about feeling rough which is getting to me and partly why I am still dry. I feel really anxious about if.

just go and have a few really delicious drinks, sub a sneaky af free beer in among them if you feel a bit too tiddly for comfort?
Great advice thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š I'm sure they will have some af options that never occurred to me.

Hang-xiety is very real โค

• Heart
Reactions: 1
How did you get on?

Oooh me too! Mostly from fear though ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹ yes good thanks just a few halves of choc orange stout ๐Ÿคค tried an alcohol free red but wasn't the best choice..convinced it was just black grape juice! Woke with a raging thirst but otherwise OK.

50 days is amazing ๐Ÿ‘ anyone worked out what they have saved financially?

Xx

I'm so glad I did dry jan!! I have gone from drinking up to 4 times a week to having had a drink only twice since Jan and that was planned, and not at home โœŒ

How is everyone?

For what seems like the millionth time Iโ€™m saying Iโ€™m taking a break from drinking. I really really need to for my health and relationship but the cravings always get me after about 3 days ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

• Heart
Good luck! I last had a drink on Christmas Day. So no booze for over 4 months now it was only ever going to be a month and then I wanted 100 days and now I really enjoy it so not sure when or if Iโ€™ll drink again. I feel so much better for it.

• Heart
77 days sober ๐Ÿ˜„ enjoying it so much but randomly feeling super angry and irritated at times ๐Ÿ˜‚ mostly on weekends lol