Sober Curious tattlers support thread (Dry January and beyond!)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no! Don’t beat yourself up if you do drink, just draw a line under it and start again.

defo try to do something lovely for yourself, like a face mask and hot choc in bed with a movie ❤
An early night with hot chocolate and a movie sounds like a very good plan, and just what I need! Thank you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
An early night with hot chocolate and a movie sounds like a very good plan, and just what I need! Thank you xx
Honestly, I’d take that over a night on the beer most days 😂 enjoy! And bonus, no hangover or anxiety tomorrow. Hope you have a better day tomorrow x

Reactions: 3
Hi all, I’m surprised how well I’ve been doing. Last dry January I was obsessing over it every day! I’ve barely even thought about it this time around and im thinking maybe not having the app this time has helped.

I’ve been going to the gym every morning which really helps because obviously I don’t want to do that with a hangover. No gym again now till Tues as won’t have time so hoping that doesn’t lead me to fall off the wagon this weekend 🥴.

Reactions: 6
Day 7 for me. Started on the vivid dreams last night! Good luck for the weekend everyone doing Dry Jan! :)

Reactions: 4
I’m doing no alcohol for 60 but days, currently on day 5 and already missing my after work Friday night glass of wine 🤣

Reactions: 2
I’m struggling this evening 😩 have had a crappy week isolating and now I’m dying for a glass of wine 😥

• Sad
I’m struggling this evening 😩 have had a crappy week isolating and now I’m dying for a glass of wine 😥
Sounds like a tough week 😔
Is there something else you could have as a treat or something to relax instead of wine?
My best tips are brushing your teeth and having a shower or bath when the cravings hit. If it's any consolation, it gets a lot easier once you break the initial hurdles

Sounds like a tough week 😔
Is there something else you could have as a treat or something to relax instead of wine?
My best tips are brushing your teeth and having a shower or bath when the cravings hit. If it's any consolation, it gets a lot easier once you break the initial hurdles
Thanks for the tips. I’m showered and planning on going to bed early tonight and get a good sleep. 🤞🏼The weekends are just a lot tougher than the weekdays 🤯

I can’t believe I’ve made it to day 8, and resisted my Frthread has been a masive help ❤
Had an AF beer last night and then Diet Coke.

• Heart
I can’t believe I’ve made it to day 8, and resisted my Frthread has been a masive help ❤
Had an AF beer last night and then Diet Coke.
Whooo! Well done! And it was a crap week. Having the thread to check in on is really great for me too, it saved me last year. Just knowing that other people aren’t breezing it, that it’s ok to struggle and that others find it a big effort too, is really encouraging.

• Heart
Still on the vivid dreams, had a nightmare that woke me up. Mind you that could be partly down to listening to true crime podcasts whilst I go to sleep :LOL:

So happy I have this thread! Made it through the night last night without a drink 😁

• Heart
One week done and woke up with a clear head this morning! Can't actually remember the last time I went a whole week without drinking, so probably a sign I need to cut down. It did feel like a very boring Friday night without my wine. I just had some diet coke and a few squares of dark chocolate instead. Well done to everyone in the thread so far.

Reactions: 7
I caved last night too. Wasn’t planning to but boyfriend caved and I quickly followed! Had about 3 glasses of wine. I feel ok today though so I’m quite happy with that. Better than 3 bottles which is what I was getting close to before!

Reactions: 6
I'm counting this as my first Saturday because even though I was dry last Saturday it was new years day and I was too hungover to even lift a glass to my mouth. Had no real cravings today, had a couple of Becks blues, hooked up with a FWB for something to do, then had some beans on toast in front of the telly. Now in bed with a diet ginger beer. Looking forward to getting up tomorrow hangover free and full of energy x

Reactions: 5