Sober Curious tattlers support thread (Dry January and beyond!)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
22 weeks - no alcohol. Been through some testing times, plus holidays. Still not tempted by alcohol.
That's brilliant. I'm just over two years sober and it really does get easier. Once, as @really_whythough says, you've ticked off those milestones (first birthday, first holiday, first Christmas, etc) then it does just become routine.

I think now I'm at the point where one of the things keeping me sober is the explaining I'd have to do if I started drinking again, and, being basically lazy, I can't be arsed.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have stopped counting when I gave up, but I am pretty sure it was March/April 2023. Last week someone bought me a bottle of flavored Baileys. I mean, I used to drink it at Christmas like it was dessert, but it was never a favorite tipple. Out of curiosity of the new flavor, I figured I’d just try it because I knew it wouldn’t make me spiral. I had maybe a measure of it before pouring the rest away. Could feel the burn and the slight buzz. Then said to myself that alcohol really is quite boring. I was so happy that my brain and body just said MEH. I am free from this stoopid drug! I mean, I am not going to ever get complacent, but I know even a slight temptation to try because of a new product is really not worth it, and I should have regifted the bottle unopened.

So good to see people seeing the light and following it in here. Onwards!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I can’t seeing me going back to it. My sleep alone is worth doing it for. Despite aforementioned testing times I get such good quality sleep. My husband is 3 months in. He has lost over a stone, me 10 pounds. He is saving all the money he would have spent in that time. £300. Ridiculous amount of money for poison.
---
I hate the booze culture in this country. Each to their own but even mildly tipsy looks a bit repulsive viewed with a sober eye.

Reactions: 5