Sober Curious tattlers support thread (Dry January and beyond!)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got many drawers and cupboards in the house fit to burst so they’ll be going on the list. Need to have a good old clear out.

I asked for and got make up and beauty storage units for Christmas so I also need to put them together and sort through my make up and skincare to tidy up my dressing table. Again there is some culling to be done there too!

Also my kitchen cupboards are like something out of Home Alone! So more sorting and binning to be done 🤣
I’m 3 charity bags and one dump bag through the upstairs here thanks to you 😂💪

Reactions: 4
Anyone know if you can clear your Try Dry app to start from 0 again. I’ve just logged in and it’s got my progress from last dry Jan so it’s not starting at 0 and I want to start afresh

Anyone know if you can clear your Try Dry app to start from 0 again. I’ve just logged in and it’s got my progress from last dry Jan so it’s not starting at 0 and I want to start afresh
I selected NEw goal on the home screen and selected Dry January 2022

Hey, so glad this is a thread. I've been finding myself more and more having wine every day. I hate being drunk, genuinely do like the taste. But when I'm faced with prospect of maybe not having a glass I feel disappointed so probably time to give up. It's such a habit and only feels like 'end of day me time' if I'm on the sofa. I will be firm and then my husband will text offering to go to the shop which means wine. Anyway I am hopeful to try being dry, even 5 days a week would be great. Has anyone got decent alternative drinks? I find AF wine horrible, quite like a soda and lime.

I'm not feeling any cravings yet but on Friday and Saturday I'll be mainlining the ginger beer and becks blue

Reactions: 3
I’m 3 days in and I have to admit that I did have a strong craving for a large glass of red earlier this evening. I resisted though. Thanks to all who mentioned the stay dry app. I was a bit horrified by my results for the past month when I did the quiz; it’s helping to motivate me to stay on track.
I do need to find a nice AF tipple for the weekend though. Sparkling water can get boring!

Reactions: 1
The best AF free beer I have found and like is Aldi Rheinbacher Pilsner 0% really nice when cold and for fizz it's Nozeco. I Have not found any decent red/white alcohol free wines as yet all taste like apple juice.

Another good one is Martini non alcohol Aperitivo vibrante mixed with tonic,diet lemonade or Nozeco.

Reactions: 2
Tesco Finest have a lemon and mint fizz that tastes DIVINE.

I’m DJing with an end date of the 29th (as that’s the Saturday), and an intention to cut back to a strict 14 units a week after and NOT all in one night (which for a while had become my usual pattern…). Drank far too much over the holidays and definitely need the break

I need to get some AF beer tonight ready for the weekend. Not had a craving yet for alcohol, probably will start this weekend. After this weekend we will be a third of the way through Dry Jan already!

I need to get some AF beer tonight ready for the weekend. Not had a craving yet for alcohol, probably will start this weekend. After this weekend we will be a third of the way through Dry Jan already!
I’ve had no cravings either! I got free damm from Ocado and there is a craft brewery called big drop which I ordered from. All still sitting there, I’m pretty chuffed!

I’m not completely teetotal, however I stopped going out and getting drunk in 2019 after a very very bad hangover! It was the first time I’d been out on a night out in aaaages and I just woke up and thought this is not for me anymore! I need to grow up and not get so silly i throw up (this hangover lasted 3 or 4 days) I will have a glass of champagne or Prosecco etc when celebrating or a cocktail when I’m out for a meal, but I’ve never one to drink at home and honestly I feel so much better for not getting blackout drunk and getting horrendous beer fear. Some friends weren’t quite so supportive as I was no longer the fun party animal I once was, so much so we no longer speak (amongst a few other things).

I did go out in 2021 after the lockdowns, was sensible but tipsy and I definitely thought that that was it, I’m done with that now! Again I was ill as I’d not drunk for so long! I dont particularly like the taste of alcohol - so what is the point? 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m having such an awful time at the moment and today has been particularly bad. It’s also my last working day of the week and if I’m still dry this time tomorrow it will be a miracle! I’m going to try my best to hold off the cravings with chocolate and Diet Coke (!!) Wish me luck!

• Sad
I’m having such an awful time at the moment and today has been particularly bad. It’s also my last working day of the week and if I’m still dry this time tomorrow it will be a miracle! I’m going to try my best to hold off the cravings with chocolate and Diet Coke (!!) Wish me luck!
Oh no! Don’t beat yourself up if you do drink, just draw a line under it and start again.

defo try to do something lovely for yourself, like a face mask and hot choc in bed with a movie ❤

Hey I just want to say to those struggling the longer you’d stick with it the easier it gets trust me, it gets so much better. I stopped drinking for mental health / physical health reasons just over 6 months ago and I would never have thought I could do it. Be kind to yourselves and believe me that it will get easier🤍🤍

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7