Sober Curious tattlers support thread (Dry January and beyond!)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m doing dry jan again and tracking with the try dry app. I found it really helped me cut down ok drinking throughout the year as I kept it installed. Hoping to “beat” my yearly total in 2022 of dry days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Last of the fizz tonight then dry Jan starts tomorrow. I'm not going to be doing a sponsorship or whatever people do, it's just for myself to reset back to a healthy baseline for the year.

Reactions: 4
I’m doing dry jan again and tracking with the try dry app. I found it really helped me cut down ok drinking throughout the year as I kept it installed. Hoping to “beat” my yearly total in 2022 of dry days.
I’ve just downloaded that app so feeling ready to go. Thanks!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve decided to write a list of all the little jobs and bits that need doing round the house so in the evenings I can do that instead of sitting around thinking about drinking. Obviously I will allow myself some chill evenings but I’m keen to get the most out of not drinking this time.

Also I will be back at the gym 4th Jan as soon as I’ve dropped my child off at nursery 💪🏻

Reactions: 5
@Lalalalaaaaaa85 that’s a fab idea, keen for some inspo 😂 I probably have loads but they conveniently evaporate before they ever get to a list!
I’ve got many drawers and cupboards in the house fit to burst so they’ll be going on the list. Need to have a good old clear out.

I asked for and got make up and beauty storage units for Christmas so I also need to put them together and sort through my make up and skincare to tidy up my dressing table. Again there is some culling to be done there too!

Also my kitchen cupboards are like something out of Home Alone! So more sorting and binning to be done 🤣

Last of the fizz tonight then dry Jan starts tomorrow. I'm not going to be doing a sponsorship or whatever people do, it's just for myself to reset back to a healthy baseline for the year.
Wow, do people really ask for sponsorship to do dry January?

Reactions: 1
Last blow out for me today. I usually stop just after midnight. Already have the try dry app from last year. Hopefully we can all check in each day to let everyone know how we're doing :)

• Heart
I have just discovered Nozeco, and I really like it. That's all I've had since Boxing Day. I want to cut back to lose weight and save money....and be more healthy. I just know when I've had a few drinks, the healthy eating goes out the window!!

Got one of the last bottles of 9.99 champagne at Morrisons for tonight to go out with a bang 🍾 I downloaded an app on Android for tracking my drinking called Try Dry. It tells you how much money you save too if you put in what you usually drink, I think I'll put the money towards a reward at the end of the month!

Yep last hurrah tonight.

Any tips on beating the sugar cravings? Obviously giving in to them is better than drinking but as someone who needs to lose 5 stone to be a healthy weight 🥴🥴🥴 I’m hoping to lose weight from cutting the drink out. I’m a big red wine drinker, it’s really all I like so I think the sugar cravings are going to be tough.

I did dry January last year and kept going until the beginning of June. So now l am going to see if l can get to my birthday in early July.

Well I've woken up with the mother of all hangovers and a massive craving for pizza. At least there's no alcohol left in the house to tempt me 🥴 Really looking forward to 31 days off the booze now :)

No booze for me last night so good to go. Im on day 7 aiming for dry Jan but hoping to extend it so we’ll see. Hope everyone with a hangover feels better I had one on Boxing Day and it was horrific!! Hence why I'm already on day 7 :eek:

Reactions: 2
Can I join you all please? First day of dry January for me and it’s much needed. I’m feeling so sluggish and unhealthy. I’ve had a very tough past past few months and I’ve got into the habit of a glass or two of wine every evening and more at weekends.
I’m hoping dry January is a chance for me to press the reset button so to speak. I don’t think I’ll end up teetotal for good, but I’m aiming eventually to have just one or two in an evening, and on weekends only.

Reactions: 5
Last year i did 11 months and two weeks. Been drinking in moderation over Christmas but not drinking from today. Love being sober so let's do dry January and then see how it goes.

For anyone interested follow Soberdave on IG he is doing lot's of lives and posts to help/motivate people who are doing dry January and has loads saved from last year they really helped me.

Last year i did 11 months and two weeks. Been drinking in moderation over Christmas but not drinking from today. Love being sober so let's do dry January and then see how it goes.

For anyone interested follow Soberdave on IG he is doing lot's of lives and posts to help/motivate people who are doing dry January and has loads saved from last year they really helped me.
I’m also following Soberdabe and watched his live last night it really motivated me.

Happy new year!

Had 2 bevvies last night then on AF drinks and woke up happy and fresh as my family members are hugging the toilet 🤣

I realised also its now been over a year since my last hangover 🥰 It feels amazing.

• Heart