Slopalong #2 You can’t polish a turd, but you can cover it in parsley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tender ones,
I am stuck home with Covid and the slopalong is giving me life and brining me back to health.
I am a very keen baker and I think I’m not bad at it. Alas I have no Jack recipe books anymore having dispensed of them long ago when I got wise to the grift. Would a kind Frau consider nominating a Jack bake for me to attempt that hasn’t been tackled elsewhere? This could be just the project I need while stuck indoors. For research and posterity purposes.
Thank(space)you
https://tattle.life/wiki/slopalong/ the list of all recipes from each book is under a spoiler so I can screenshot whatever recipe you want to try. You might as well pick something that you might be able to eat. Feel better soon

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hi Frauen und herren. I've had a very stressful couple of weeks and the Slopalong has kept me going and cheered me up in my less optimistic moments.
As payment, I will offer my cuisine as tribute. I may even traumatise my sideboard.
I'll cook any slop if there's someone willing to nominate a recipe for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Hi Frauen und herren. I've had a very stressful couple of weeks and the Slopalong has kept me going and cheered me up in my less optimistic moments.
As payment, I will offer my cuisine as tribute. I may even traumatise my sideboard.
I'll cook any slop if there's someone willing to nominate a recipe for me.
I'm being cheeky in nominating another but Simple mushroom soup (MICROWAVE) looks suitably vile and has some zingers
  • (NO METAL)
  • a scant tablespoon of water
  • don’t worry if it looks a little gross at the moment
  • bursting/splattering
  • I’ve given up my oven for Lent
Thank you kindly
I can confirm I will take on the courgette, sultana and lemon bread AND the fruit cocktail cake (which is in Tin Can Cook) on Friday
Go well tender one, it will be interesting to directly compare the results between the drained fruit cocktail and not drained courgette.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Oh! As an actual 1978 herr 🔺 this does actually bring back vague memories.

Esther Rantzen believed that she'd been poisoned by a Delia Smith chilli recipe so carried on a bizarre one-sided feud, mentioning at every opportunity both the dangers of kidney beans and the recklessness of Delia for using them. Is that right?

I mostly remember it because of the way my mum loudly scoffed every time she spotted Rantzen on the telly - she was definitely in Team Delia, and loudly opined that Rantzen was obviously incapable of following recipes. Jack, take note! WARNED.
When I was at university🔺there was a man who used to stand by the local bus stop all day every day, carrying a bag full of cans of kidney beans, eating them directly from the cans. We used to call him KBM: Kidney bean man. I looked it up, and apparently if you eat enough kidney beans, they can mummify you. (I might be misremembering this, it was quite a long time ago)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I'm being cheeky in nominating another but Simple mushroom soup (MICROWAVE) looks suitably vile and has some zingers
  • (NO METAL)
  • bursting/splattering
LJC that looks vile. I will gird my loins, peg my nose and open all the windows. I will choose a day when my Old Harold isn't visiting (or I'll cook once HE LEAVES).

• Haha
Reactions: 24
When I was at university🔺there was a man who used to stand by the local bus stop all day every day, carrying a bag full of cans of kidney beans, eating them directly from the cans. We used to call him KBM: Kidney bean man. I looked it up, and apparently if you eat enough kidney beans, they can mummify you. (I might be misremembering this, it was quite a long time ago)
I cannot stress this enough on Jack threads. You MUST be careful what you say or you will manifest TERRIBLE things from her. WARNED!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I’ve Been hesitant to post this but I am a food bank user. Her recipes are a joke.
I normally get - tinned pasta. Spaghetti hoops, they go on toast. As they are, unrinsed.
Tinned meat, a pie or stewed tinned meat. I eat pie as is, normally try and get some new potatoes to go with and cook some frozen veg. Sometimes I get tinned new potatoes and that’s a meal right there.
Tinned tuna. Mix with pasta for tuna pasta or sometimes w tinned sweetcorn on a jacket potato. Tuna sandwiches for a treat, toasted with cheese of i have the money.
Oats, cereal and UHT milk. I eat as it comes. It’s not delicious, or ideal, but it does the job. Cereal or oats for tea sometimes with some cinnamon added, it’s ok.
Tinned soup: I just eat the bleeping soup.
Fruit, a snack. Sometimes breakfast if I’m not that hungry.
No rinsing or any of her bullshit is required. Her recipes are honestly dangerous.
I cant speak on behalf of all foodbank users, but I eat because I have to. I don’t or can’t afford to duck around rinsing meat or cooking veg peelings on a meal that is inedible.
It’s not fair she has 7 cookbooks and earning god knows what amount a month.
She doesn’t deserve to have a voice on behalf of people who are struggling. I hate everything about her.
just my two cents. Poor people do not need to be taught how to manage a budget. We only spend what we need to. Budgeting or making tinned food into something it isn’t supposed to be isn’t the issue. TORIES are the bleeping issue and that’s above Jacks remit. I wish she’d just disappear into oblivion.
Slopalong is so funny but it’s genuinely engaging at the same time. Poor people who rely on a food parcel cannot afford to be bleeping around with her disgusting ‘meals’. Bottom line ☹
I almost forgot- this week I had a treat and got some corned beef. Corned beef & baked bean hash is ELITE and it is what it is. On a jacket potato? Not dire ❤
Thats a great takedown (y)

Reactions: 16
You know what - I’ve been known to bake multiple items at once.
This may be a double hander.
Has any Frau attempted two slopalongs SIMULTANEOUSLY?
Hold onto your hats

this is how I will spend Friday afternoon
It's been nice knowing you, dear heart. Go well.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Thank you again to all of you selfless tributes. This thread is a gem!

I’m sporting a broken foot at the moment so am unable to stand long enough to slopsling (a very Jack esque excuse, I’m sure you’ll agree). But, as a mark of respect to all of you have made a donation to a local homeless shelter to ensure that someone can have three (hopefully non-slop) meals.

Thanks for all you do, Fraus.

FB1BA8CA-2FEC-4D4C-8978-7B7D4F6DCE86.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Thank you again to all of you selfless tributes. This thread is a gem!

I’m sporting a broken foot at the moment so am unable to stand long enough to slopsling (a very Jack esque excuse, I’m sure you’ll agree). But, as a mark of respect to all of you have made a donation to a local homeless shelter to ensure that someone can have three (hopefully non-slop) meals.

Thanks for all you do, Fraus.

View attachment 1718360
It’s only a Jack-esque excuse if you softly, gently fell down the stairs and broke all the bones in your foot (plus 20 more for good luck)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It’s only a Jack-esque excuse if you softly, gently fell down the stairs and broke all the bones in your foot (plus 20 more for good luck)
I definitely did some howling and clawing when it happened, what with it being the most injurious injury of all time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I hope your broken foot heals soon ❤ but I regret to tell you that Jack broke 47 out of the 26 bones in her foot a couple of years ago, so she has elevenerifed you and indeed everyone else.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
The following video contains graphic depictions of slop, which some ninnies may find disturbing. Viewer discretion is advised.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 223
  • (NO METAL)
  • bursting/splattering

Go well tender one, it will be interesting to directly compare the results between the drained fruit cocktail and not drained courgette.
There’s barely anything in that Simple Mushroom Soup - it’s basically a watery broth with 100g of mushrooms chucked in it. I’d be surprised if there’s even 100 calories there. Jeez. 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.