Slimming World Youtubers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it is a dig at Emma ! I also think she should go for the surgery weather her head is in it or not ,the binging is winning atm, it'll be a case of Edith being her carer as well as her feeder as she gets older otherwise..
As someone who has had an eating disorder and also had bariatric surgery I completely agree with you @monga... I don’t think I was ever in the right frame of mind re: my food binges ( and unfortunately alcohol abuse ) even after excessive counselling... I came to my senses pretty quick after surgery because anything excessive after surgery be it food or alcohol can make you very poorly indeed.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
As someone who has had an eating disorder and also had bariatric surgery I completely agree with you @monga... I don’t think I was ever in the right frame of mind re: my food binges ( and unfortunately alcohol abuse ) even after excessive counselling... I came to my senses pretty quick after surgery because anything excessive after surgery be it food or alcohol can make you very poorly indeed.
What have I missed is katesw having wls? How long will that take?

Reactions: 2
Well done you've come a long way going by your posts on other threads x I think if kate gets any bigger it'll pass her by ,now is the right time for her but I think she's hesitant because she feels she'll fail even after the surgery ,and her last bit of hope will be gone .But I think she also knows it's her last chance..

What have I missed is katesw having wls? How long will that take?
It's been put to her she's out of control with her eating disorder ,but she's trying over eaters anonymous first..

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Well done you've come a long way going by your posts on other threads x I think if kate gets any bigger it'll pass her by ,now is the right time for her but I think she's hesitant because she feels she'll fail even after the surgery ,and her last bit of hope will be gone .But I think she also knows it's her last chance..

It's been put to her she's out of control with her eating disorder ,but she's trying over eaters anonymous first..
aww thank you ☺ and yes if she leaves it much longer she’s going to find herself in the impossible situation of ending up in the 500lb bracket and wishing she had gone for the surgery sooner... I’m not saying surgery is the easy option because it’s not but it’s definitely the better option for her... you can talk till the cows come home in counselling but as someone who binge eats you still need something physically that restricts the amount you can actually shovel down your throat.

Reactions: 3
aww thank you ☺ and yes if she leaves it much longer she’s going to find herself in the impossible situation of ending up in the 500lb bracket and wishing she had gone for the surgery sooner... I’m not saying surgery is the easy option because it’s not but it’s definitely the better option for her... you can talk till the cows come home in counselling but as someone who binge eats you still need something physically that restricts the amount you can actually shovel down your throat.
It looks like she has her parents bringing her bags of unhealthy stuff ,donuts ,cakes ,biscuits you name it ,she claims it's just them that bring the stuff off their own back but she obviously ask's for them ,I'm sure they must as worried about her weight as she is ,especially with having Edith to look after ..

Reactions: 1
It looks like she has her parents bringing her bags of unhealthy stuff ,donuts ,cakes ,biscuits you name it ,she claims it's just them that bring the stuff off their own back but she obviously ask's for them ,I'm sure they must as worried about her weight as she is ,especially with having Edith to look after ..
I missed that video. I saw her saying people were bringing her shopping because she couldn't get out and it had unhealthy bits in it. I thought it was a food bank. Her mum always makes her healthy food when she is there. I do think she needs wls. I just worry she hasn't got a good support network. No one has Edith for her ever how is she going to get wls with no support network?

I missed that video. I saw her saying people were bringing her shopping because she couldn't get out and it had unhealthy bits in it. I thought it was a food bank. Her mum always makes her healthy food when she is there. I do think she needs wls. I just worry she hasn't got a good support network. No one has Edith for her ever how is she going to get wls?
Her parents have Edith don't they ? someone must have looked after her when she had the cancer surgery ..

Her parents have Edith don't they ? someone must have looked after her when she had the cancer surgery ..
I think they only had her for a couple of hours in the day then sent Edith home in the evening. Didn't she end up hemorrhaging and passing out in the middle of the night home alone with Edith? She would need more support than that to have gastric bypass surly?

I think they only had her for a couple of hours in the day then sent Edith home in the evening. Didn't she end up hemorrhaging and passing out in the middle of the night home alone with Edith? She would need more support than that to have gastric bypass surly?
I thought she had an overnight stay when she had surgery ,didn't realise it was a day procedure , I'm sure she'd need someone to take her if she was to have the WLS maybe her parents would offer in that instance ..

I kinda thought it was friends who brought it over. She has got to do something because shes getting so big. Why is no one giving it to her straight. Get the surgery or you will die!

I missed that video. I saw her saying people were bringing her shopping because she couldn't get out and it had unhealthy bits in it. I thought it was a food bank. Her mum always makes her healthy food when she is there. I do think she needs wls. I just worry she hasn't got a good support network. No one has Edith for her ever how is she going to get wls with no support network?
Food bank is plausible. She is on universal credit after all. My mum helps out at one and it's mostly yellow sticker bakery goods from the supermarket.

I kinda thought it was friends who brought it over. She has got to do something because shes getting so big. Why is no one giving it to her straight. Get the surgery or you will die!
The vid I watched she said her parents were bringing bags of goodies ? maybe she had friends bring her bags too .Maybe they have given it to her straight and that's what getting her down ,I'm sure her doctor must have told her this although she's said her doctor isn't very helpful..

• Wow
I thought she had an overnight stay when she had surgery ,didn't realise it was a day procedure , I'm sure she'd need someone to take her if she was to have the WLS maybe her parents would offer in that instance ..
I thought she was in for a few days after the cancer surgery. How long will it take her to recover after wls? She's going to need more support than just the night in hospital.

I thought she was in for a few days after the cancer surgery. How long will it take her to recover after wls? She's going to need more support than just the night in hospital.
Who took care of Edith then? she would need help afterwards certainly ,I'm not sure if she has siblings or what age her parents are but she'd need something in place ..

The vid I watched she said her parents were bringing bags of goodies ? maybe she had friends bring her bags too .Maybe they have given it to her straight and that's what getting her down ,I'm sure her doctor must have told her this although she's said her doctor isn't very helpful..
Didn't he try to get her to buy into the Alevere diet? I remember her going live and having a break down after her appointment.

I remember that. She would need more than the odd hour here and there with WLS.

Who took care of Edith then? she would need help afterwards certainly ,I'm not sure if she has siblings or what age her parents are but she'd need something in place ..
Doesn't she have a sister in London and a sister with a brain tumour or something?

Her mum had Edith but not enough clearly if she was bleeding out alone with a toddler.

I think it was her way of trying to make a point that it wasn't going to bother her that someone was calling her out on it. She had replied to no other comment only liked them. She is very uppity I cant be doing with her, I only watch the odd one of hers now. I wouldn't mind but she looks pretty slim in my opinion I dont know just how much more weight shes wanting to lose. 😒
I’ve only just come across a couple of her vlogs - ugh first of all that voice , also why does she speak like she’s telling everyone off and we’re all stupid and yes - what sort of plan is she doing ? Her Friday finds are very often things that have been around for ages , so again very dull .

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve only just come across a couple of her vlogs - ugh first of all that voice , also why does she speak like she’s telling everyone off and we’re all stupid and yes - what sort of plan is she doing ? Her Friday finds are very often things that have been around for ages , so again very dull .
She really does, I think she missed her calling in life she should have been a teacher.
I always think that about her ff its stuff that has been around yonks, talk about a patronising little twit.

She really does, I think she missed her calling in life she should have been a teacher.
I always think that about her ff its stuff that has been around yonks, talk about a patronising little twit.
She couldn't cope with the actual work of a teacher. Does she even still work in that charity shop?

depends what surgery she opted for if she went down the band route she’s be out next day but would need to attend clinic on a regular basis for assessment having the band tightened and loosened depending on weight loss...
Sleeve is obviously a bigger operation and depends on the patient, how big they were to start with etc, how recovery went after theatre but I came out 2 days after and couldn’t pick anything up or do anything strenuous for 6 weeks following the op... I’m lucky that I have a really good family who looked after me ... she will definitely need a lot of help in the first couple of weeks if she gets sleeved.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.