Slimming world Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is nutrition for dummies one of the for dummies series? Is it informative?
It is part of the 'For Dummies series. I've only just started it. It doesn't use jargon. It breaks it down. It explains it much similar to how you'd explain it all to a child, but without being patronising - lol.
My partner showed me this today. Found it spot on! My consultants have always blamed exercise for the weeks I had gains. Which obviously put me off exercise for a while. šŸ˜”

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Am I missing something, isnā€™t slimming world meant to have a third of speed food with every meal? Please educate me if Iā€™m wrong!
I see loads of big slimming world accounts making breakfast of pancakes, waffles, donuts all within their syn allowance but hardly any meals contain many fruits or veg which is the whole point of the plan?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Am I missing something, isnā€™t slimming world meant to have a third of speed food with every meal? Please educate me if Iā€™m wrong!
I see loads of big slimming world accounts making breakfast of pancakes, waffles, donuts all within their syn allowance but hardly any meals contain many fruits or veg which is the whole point of the plan?
Yes it should, but this is where influencer you wrong. They claim the plan says where possible. Realistically itā€™s to reduce the calories on your play by taking up room. And a lot of them claim to eat the speed after, which is just pointless and they might as well not bother.

Reactions: 6
I effinā€™ love SW but this is one of my pet hates. Using up Hex B, part Hex A and half your syns first thing in the morning is simply crazy. Means you have to be so restrictive the rest of the day and would drive me crazy. But they always get tonnes of likes for these pics, so thatā€™s why they do them. All for the gram.

Also party rings are literally among the shittest biscuits ever made. why even bother using syns on cheap crap like that?

Instagram was the worst thing to ever happen SW followers. These big accounts only care about likes really, so they compete to make the most unhealthiest food that can be labelled SW, and can fall under syns and Healthy Extras, because people look at the picture and think ā€œwow I canā€™t eat thatā€. They donā€™t care about health at all. But they are all binge eaters and never learn anything about calories, nutrition, or their mental relationship with food. They will be yo yo dieters forever until the sort that.

• Heart
Anyone follow Sionedhaf.sw ? She's lost 9 stone, done really well but i can't put my finger on it but something annoys me about her. I get the feeling she can be quite aggressive and not the sugar sweet image she portrays online. She does ALOT of stories.

Today is her weigh day, she went for a walk this morning, did loads of stories telling us she already weighed this morning and maintained but she would love a 3lb loss and then BAM! came back home and suddenly she's lost 3lb. Hmmm seems a bit weird to me!
Sheā€™s another one whoā€™s done well but is desperate to be an insta-famous account. šŸ˜“

I would say be careful of the calorie intake recommended on MFP - itā€™s too low for a lot of people. I spoke to a nutritionist and they showed me I should be eating 500 more daily than it was suggesting.....you shouldnā€™t be aiming for dramatic losses as thatā€™s when you develop a disordered relationship with food. There are lots of websites if you good that help you determine the right BMR for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I would say be careful of the calorie intake recommended on MFP - itā€™s too low for a lot of people. I spoke to a nutritionist and they showed me I should be eating 500 more daily than it was suggesting.....you shouldnā€™t be aiming for dramatic losses as thatā€™s when you develop a disordered relationship with food. There are lots of websites if you good that help you determine the right BMR for you.
This

Reactions: 2
Iā€™m in a few sw fb groups and I am SICK of seeing shrinking_jess constantly posting to follow her insta. She posts in all the groups, advertising her insta around 4/5 times a day!! Bore off

yes, you should really search for your TDEE and then work out how many calories you should be eating from that.

Reactions: 1
There is a Facebook page set up by @red_lips77 which is really informative for working out BMR & using nutracheck

Does anyone follow Yasmin Lauren? She posts videos of her dancing / posing in front of the camera every morning to some lively song or doing her hula hoop šŸ™„

Anyone seen gemmab.slimming recent story post

surely that ad/pr sticker needs to be a bit larger?? I donā€™t think she could make it smaller if she tried

Does anyone follow Yasmin Lauren? She posts videos of her dancing / posing in front of the camera every morning to some lively song or doing her hula hoop šŸ™„
Sheā€™s so annoying. And her breakfasts are disgusting. So many bloody calories and syns wasted at breakfast.

Reactions: 1
Anyone seen gemmab.slimming recent story post

surely that ad/pr sticker needs to be a bit larger?? I donā€™t think she could make it smaller if she tried
She always hides her AD AFF it's in tiny writing so you can't really see it which is against ASA rules, one of my friends got done for it, and she has only started putting on because I stated it on here. She needs to be careful or someone will report her and she won't have a leg to stand on. Plus saying you're just a 20 whatever year old won't get you out of the tit with ASA of you are big enough to sell that crap you are big enough to learn the rules SIMPLE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.