Slimming world Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone tried JD seasonings? The chip and wedge “rub” is absolutely vile! No idea what the hype is

• Haha
Reactions: 2
so shifted the fat with Lauren has changed her name. I'm sorry but she says she's trying to gain yet she had a banana for breakfast and a bit of cucumber for lunch????? those are snacks if anything
Her breakfast and lunch COMBINED were likely less than 120 calories! That is absolutely crazy and dangerously unhealthy.

105 calories for a medium banana and 12 calories for those Cucumber batons per My Fitness Pal

Reactions: 1
I know this isn’t quite the right place for this but anyone with any advice please send me a message!! I’m in a vicious circle of joining slimming world, being good, restricting them binging, feeling guilty because I did it once before (pre baby) and then coming off it, feeling fed up and end up rejoining then going the same vicious cycle again..

I don’t want to be like this my whole life.. I just want to be normal around food, not have the mindset of knowing the syn value of everything.. I’m at my wits end with it all!

I want to lose weight but don’t know how too without slimming world and I recognise a binging problem is not healthy (I never had that problem before SW) - I have no idea where to start!!

• Sad
It’s frankly quite worrying. However, I also think it’s a bit attention seeking as she surely knows a banana and some cucumber are next to nothing calorie wise, so why post pictures of them? I’m starting to think she wants the reactions from posting ridiculously tiny portions!
I agree I thought it was maybe a bit of attention seeking as well. Surely she cannot survive on that 😔. I think it gains more comments and likes to her posts and for people to worry about her

I know this isn’t quite the right place for this but anyone with any advice please send me a message!! I’m in a vicious circle of joining slimming world, being good, restricting them binging, feeling guilty because I did it once before (pre baby) and then coming off it, feeling fed up and end up rejoining then going the same vicious cycle again..

I don’t want to be like this my whole life.. I just want to be normal around food, not have the mindset of knowing the syn value of everything.. I’m at my wits end with it all!

I want to lose weight but don’t know how too without slimming world and I recognise a binging problem is not healthy (I never had that problem before SW) - I have no idea where to start!!
An ex SW consultant has set up a FB group for people just like you (and me). I’ve found it really useful, she gives good advice and people share what they’ve been eating and getting the most out of calories but not eating the shite that you do on SW

• Heart
Reactions: 7
An ex SW consultant has set up a FB group for people just like you (and me). I’ve found it really useful, she gives good advice and people share what they’ve been eating and getting the most out of calories but not eating the shite that you do on SW
I second this! Also check out Preece Nutrition, he talks a lot of sense.

I agree I thought it was maybe a bit of attention seeking as well. Surely she cannot survive on that 😔. I think it gains more comments and likes to her posts and for people to worry about her
Totally agree. I have huge sympathy with anyone who is struggling with eating and their weight, no matter what end of the spectrum, but I feel she’s almost glorifying it now. She says she’s keen to gain weight but her posts are almost smug about how little she eats (all the way to Costa in a pandemic for a black coffee, really?) I also wonder if she’s cut ties with Slimming World for the reasons she proclaims, or if she’s stopped it because they raised concerns regarding the fact she must now be underweight/ maybe she wants to keep losing or stay that size and her consultant advised otherwise?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

Sorry to answer here, but I can't message you directly for some reason. I'm exactly the same! Trying to break that cycle. I've got such a disordered relationship with food now. It's sad. @Smirkymirky recommended Nutracheck yesterday, so I've been having a look at that.
I've also dug out my copy of Nutrition for Dummies that I ordered ages ago when I first had my doubts about SW.
My biggest question is this if anyone can help. If I'm given a target of 1300cals a day and I exercise during the day which burns 500cals, is it better to still aim to just consume 1300cals for the day? Or is it ok to go over? I cycle a lot now. Sometimes burning upto 900cals a session. I've been given 1290cal daily target by MFP. Should I aim to only consume that? Sorry, I would start a thread just for this, but not able to at the moment.

Sorry to answer here, but I can't message you directly for some reason. I'm exactly the same! Trying to break that cycle. I've got such a disordered relationship with food now. It's sad. @Smirkymirky recommended Nutracheck yesterday, so I've been having a look at that.
I've also dug out my copy of Nutrition for Dummies that I ordered ages ago when I first had my doubts about SW.
My biggest question is this if anyone can help. If I'm given a target of 1300cals a day and I exercise during the day which burns 500cals, is it better to still aim to just consume 1300cals for the day? Or is it ok to go over? I cycle a lot now. Sometimes burning upto 900cals a session. I've been given 1290cal daily target by MFP. Should I aim to only consume that? Sorry, I would start a thread just for this, but not able to at the moment.
Can't message you either for some reason but I hated mfp so can't give much advice on that 😂 for Nutra I add my exercise and it adds on that I've burnt say 900 cals and I use some but not all of them 😊

• Heart
I’m the same, I’ve being doing nurtracheck this week. I was recommended to only put to lose 1lb a week as the calories for 2lb is too low to be sustainable.

I get 1600 a day on that and for now it works, because remember you need room when you lose so at each stone you need to re calculate it and if it’s low already you won’t have much wriggle room.

I’ve got about 4 stone to lose. I had a really down day yesterday because I’ve been at home for 3 months. I could have lost 2 stone in that time and I’m finding it a hard battle in my head. I’ve maintained but I wanted to come out of this a new me and well I’m the same 😔

• Heart
I’m the same, I’ve being doing nurtracheck this week. I was recommended to only put to lose 1lb a week as the calories for 2lb is too low to be sustainable.

I get 1600 a day on that and for now it works, because remember you need room when you lose so at each stone you need to re calculate it and if it’s low already you won’t have much wriggle room.

I’ve got about 4 stone to lose. I had a really down day yesterday because I’ve been at home for 3 months. I could have lost 2 stone in that time and I’m finding it a hard battle in my head. I’ve maintained but I wanted to come out of this a new me and well I’m the same 😔
There should be a thread for this in the general section, does anyone know how to make one? Would love one and think it would help so many.

There should be a thread for this in the general section, does anyone know how to make one? Would love one and think it would help so many.
There is one on advice about losing weight in lockdown. But I’d be up for a general weight loss/ex slimming worlders one. I’ll see if I can make one.

• Heart
Anyone follow Sionedhaf.sw ? She's lost 9 stone, done really well but i can't put my finger on it but something annoys me about her. I get the feeling she can be quite aggressive and not the sugar sweet image she portrays online. She does ALOT of stories.

Today is her weigh day, she went for a walk this morning, did loads of stories telling us she already weighed this morning and maintained but she would love a 3lb loss and then BAM! came back home and suddenly she's lost 3lb. Hmmm seems a bit weird to me!

Last edited:
Hmm I can’t make one in advice, shall I go off topic? Can anyone else make on in advice?

Is nutrition for dummies one of the for dummies series? Is it informative?

It’s probably been mentioned already, but I really recommend the app My Fitness Pal. It’s just calorie counting calculated by your height/weight and what you want to lose. I’ve lost 2 stone up to now. I’d also recommend getting a FitBit (or alternative) and connecting it up with MFP. It encourages me to get off my arse and walk!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.