Slimming world Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s unbelievable. Another one who used to follow/unfollow before she was big!
I said before how she’s brought followers... I fail to see how she’s lost any weight either?! She looks bigger!!! And now she’s being sent free stuff... makes me so angry!
Just had a 👃🏻 no wonder she hardly loses when she eats the way she does 🙈🙈🙈🙈

I actually quite liked her page before all of this. Many sw accounts I follow are reposting her story and basically just arse licking. One even said that it was so horrible for Gemma to see the posts ‘the day after her birthday’ 😂 I’m sorry but what is so significant about the day after your birthday? Even if it were the day of her birthday, she was the one who went looking for it🤭
Makes me howl when someone sees ONE comment about them and goes off on one... you’re literally a line in the middle of someone else’s thread hun.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
My friend hits 20k by 8am but she’s a picker for Asda and had her shifts changed since covid to 2-8am and she walks to work.
Yeah tbh my husband moved onto nights instead of being furloughed at his place and he’ll do 10k from 10 till midnight and then 20-25k steps from midnight till 6am, so he’s doing 30-35k steps a shift loading vans with stock, he’s never done so many steps a day in his life 😂 he’s lost a stone since lockdown started and loving the fact 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
To be fair, I can do a 10k run and get about 12k steps in! I’ve done a 15k run and got 18k steps in.
If she's eating what she's posting and running or walking 15k that's even more worrying. I devour breki after walking 5k,she has such small portions 😱

Any recommendations on who to follow on Instagram please
Pref with no ads/begging for collabs so smaller followings
Went through at least 4 dozen accounts today for inspiration and all seem to be Spicentist or jd seasoning ho’s and nothing much else

Reactions: 8
Went through at least 4 dozen accounts today for inspiration and all seem to be Spicentist or jd seasoning ho’s and nothing much else
eatingwith0livia - she’s a small account, just a normal girl using Instagram to post her meals. No ads. Rarely off plan and if she is she doesn’t plaster it all over Instagram. She comes across very genuine.

eatingwith0livia - she’s a small account, just a normal girl using Instagram to post her meals. No ads. Rarely off plan and if she is she doesn’t plaster it all over Instagram. She comes across very genuine.
Cheers, she looks fab

Cheers, she looks fab
Yeah I’ve always had a close eye on her. She has done fab and looks amazing.

I’m having a sw account clear out and looking for other small accounts who basically just use the account to track their meals. I think when you join slimming world and you see all these big accounts you’re like oh wow I can eat that and lose weight.. it just isn’t normal though. Its not until you actually understand the plan that you realise their eating habits aren’t normal and they won’t maintain it for the long run. These small accounts are much more relatable.

Grooveeslimmingjourney she tends to keep it food or transformation photos. She’s lost and maintained her weight until lockdown.

so shifted the fat with Lauren has changed her name. I'm sorry but she says she's trying to gain yet she had a banana for breakfast and a bit of cucumber for lunch????? those are snacks if anything
She said in her post she’s stopped slimming world. I genuinely think she needs professional help as has a lot of issues and clearly cannot see that eating banana and cucumber for breakfast will not make her gain weight. It’s so sad to see and I honestly hope she gets the support she needs ☹

Reactions: 1
some accounts i’m loving at the moment are shininglikeem, lovely girl and talks about mental health a lot! slimwithyasmin, posts loads of food and transformation pics! fitterhannah, very good for fitness and exercise! jess_slimmingwrld, posts fab baked oats and hauls etc

i’m so bored of the ads and sponsored content 😳

Reading your comments. It's so true about SW and eating disorders. I would say that since I first attempted it back in 2014, I'm no heavier than I was then, but I've fluctuated. I definitely have an issue with binge eating now, as a result. I'll be what I'd consider as being good for a few days and then treat day/off-plan day arrives, which is usually post weigh-in, and I will eat everything I've missed eating until I feel physically sick. Then starts the cycle of guilt, feeling awful about myself, then back around we go again until the next week. I think most Slimming Worlders do this. How is this healthy? They don't address how to battle this mentally. Just 'Have a Freddo and syn it, you wont feel guilty then!"
When I'm gearing myself up for a binge, a Freddo isn't going to cut it. I will polish off slabs of chocolate in one sitting! Addressing that is the vital bit.
Plus telling us we can eat endless amounts of Free Foods. So we're just going to breeze right over how that promotes overeating, are we?
I want out. I've been looking for some decent, reliable resources as I'd love to try navigating nutrition off my own back as it's something that interests me. Even considering courses. But would want a reputable course. Not a scam one with no real qualification at the end. Any recommendations?

• Sad
I want out. I've been looking for some decent, reliable resources as I'd love to try navigating nutrition off my own back as it's something that interests me. Even considering courses. But would want a reputable course. Not a scam one with no real qualification at the end. Any recommendations?
Recommend the Nutracheck app, it's cal counting but very straight forward, I'm new to it. It's free for 7 days, if you like it it's like 40 quid for the year - a lot cheaper than sw and there's discussion forums etc. This isn't an ad, I just feel down the exact hole you've described. Cheat day, dry for breki, chocolate being grazed on all day, my shopping trolley for a cheat day would look like I was having a family party.

Going by cals as opposed to sw is one of the best things I've done, sw gave me serious binge eating issues and restriction issues. Now I eat what I want but am more conscious of portion size vs cals ❤❤❤

Recommend the Nutracheck app, it's cal counting but very straight forward, I'm new to it. It's free for 7 days, if you like it it's like 40 quid for the year - a lot cheaper than sw and there's discussion forums etc. This isn't an ad, I just feel down the exact hole you've described. Cheat day, dry for breki, chocolate being grazed on all day, my shopping trolley for a cheat day would look like I was having a family party.

Going by cals as opposed to sw is one of the best things I've done, sw gave me serious binge eating issues and restriction issues. Now I eat what I want but am more conscious of portion size vs cals ❤❤❤
Excuse the spelling errors 🤣 fry for breki not dry..

Last edited:
  • Heart

Excuse the spelling errors 🤣 fry for breki not dry..
Cheers, Smirky. 😊

• Heart
so shifted the fat with Lauren has changed her name. I'm sorry but she says she's trying to gain yet she had a banana for breakfast and a bit of cucumber for lunch????? those are snacks if anything
It’s frankly quite worrying. However, I also think it’s a bit attention seeking as she surely knows a banana and some cucumber are next to nothing calorie wise, so why post pictures of them? I’m starting to think she wants the reactions from posting ridiculously tiny portions!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.