Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

-Dave-

Favourite is davidcyril_sw

My wife and I are both doing slimming world currently. I’ve got about 4 stone I want to lose. Slimming world groups are good but on Instagram some of the accounts are cringe worthy. My wife likes that Harry Pickard and I can’t stand him. Why does weight loss turn some people into tossers? I followed that Dan Sully guy because his photo is everywhere on our group but he is mega cringe and seems a bit of a sleaze. As a man, I want to follow normal people I hate all this gifted stuff and people think they are celebrities. Vidlerjon seems ok too I I Follow him too
I do SW and have lost 13 stone at my most (currently lost 10st 7lbs and working on the rest but not too bothered about the weight to be honest, more about the body now).

I wouldn't be following any of those instagram accounts to be honest! I think a lot are kidding themselves that a syn free meal is good for them but they post it and a lot of people see it and think it's all good to do as this person has lost x stone and they're doing it. They key SW for me is to stick to what I like to eat but to make it all fresh. Plenty of water and exercise on top of that when you can fit it in. Try not to eat too many "syn free" fry ups. Having 4 fried eggs, a tin of baked beans, 3 SW sausages, bacon minus the fat and then some fried tomatoes is syn free but it's still going to destroy you!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

DomMcGoldio

Favourite is davidcyril_sw

My wife and I are both doing slimming world currently. I’ve got about 4 stone I want to lose. Slimming world groups are good but on Instagram some of the accounts are cringe worthy. My wife likes that Harry Pickard and I can’t stand him. Why does weight loss turn some people into tossers? I followed that Dan Sully guy because his photo is everywhere on our group but he is mega cringe and seems a bit of a sleaze. As a man, I want to follow normal people I hate all this gifted stuff and people think they are celebrities. Vidlerjon seems ok too I I Follow him too

• Haha
Reactions: 21

letsmeltthatlard

VIP Member
sw_danielle has deleted her Instagram now. She stopped posting last year as people had started to point out that she never actually seemed to lose any weight. She was on the discount code bandwagon. People who live near her have reported seeing her and say she has put all her weight back on again now, as a lot of Slimming World followers do - it’s not sustainable long term.
I'll make damn fucking sure I'm the exception to that rule 😊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Eyerollbrainache

I read somewhere previously that Munro wasn’t properly trained/qualified and was ripping off someone else’s work? Or something like that??

I used to really like his no-bullshit approach to weight loss, but in the past year, he has become really arrogant IMO. He only wants to make ££, not actually help people as he preaches. He mocks anyone who is doing a weight loss plan even though he is literally making money off weightloss. Actually I find him incredibly arrogant, rude and dismissive.

He will smash and slander SW and WW ect, and he puts up a lot of shitty things about these groups but he is no better. Yes, he has abs and has lost weight but it is not a significant amount. He had a beer belly and a few extra lbs that he dropped for his wedding using Team RH. He isn't some genius. He belittles people and their reasons for being overweight. I would rather be overweight eating pizza and pasta and drinking my wine with my husband and friends, enjoying life, than be an insufferable twat like him who quotes themselves on a whiteboard and eats the same food every week.

Jason if you read here, please stop quoting yourself, stop filming yourself driving, stop being a preachy git. You can help people without dragging others down or mocking them in the process.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
I don’t understand why so many of them seem to have the palate of a 4 year old 🤷‍♀️ biscuits on your breakfast then rainbow hundreds and thousands and E numbers galore. It’s just processed crap which is so easy to binge on and has no nutritional value.

Reactions: 14

Eyerolling

VIP Member
So many of the male SW accounts, lose weight and then suddenly think they are God’s gift to women, when they are far from it. They are all verging on creepy/sleazy

• Sick
Reactions: 13

DomMcGoldio

View attachment 154395
The latest post on the grid about tweaks is hilarious!
Calls out all the bullshit like mushy pea gravy hahaha.
My wife does slimming world she’s now lost 2 stone and I’ve lost 4 I had more to lose than she needed but I calorie count too that helps me I quite liked the groups and how nice people are but when someone told me to follow some of the slimming world Instagram accounts it made me dislike slimming world more. Someone called Big Ben to slim Ben who is a man of the year. He doesn’t work he is creepy and sleazy, sponges of his wife and begs for free water bottles that are worth about £2.50 that to me isn’t a man. He’s a pathetic excuse and yet he is a man of the year. Slimming world really needs to look at what defines a man because that spineless creature isn’t one. Rant over

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

-Dave-

Cheers. I went from just over 27 stone to just under 14 stone in 12 months or so. I had a few weeks where I wasn't losing as much as others and these were when I included meals like the fry ups! At the beginning it was all eat all the free stuff, eat the speed, try not to eat syns and watch the weight fall off, which it does when you're beyond human size. I can see why it doesn't work for loads of people who just need to shed a couple of stone though. A lot of people ask me for advice on weight loss as they've seen me shrink in a short period of time and I always refer to this as a diet for dummies, you don't learn anything through doing it unless you seek it out yourself. If you went to group and just did what your "consultant" told you you would be eating dirty rice grated in cheese every day.

I only really know of a few instagrammers names and the two who seem normal are Jon Vidler and Phil Kayes (fatladnomore). I speak to Phil occasionally via another site and he's just a down to earth bloke not going for the fame he could get like some of the others. He has had the sun and ladbible report on him recently with a bit of a twist on what he gave them!

I also know of Jack Towers as well as he was a bit of an inspiration for me to start SW as I read how much he had lost which is what brought me to this site. I cycle past his house twice a day 5 times a week but have yet to see him! I was wondering how he was doing after his surgery and couldn't find him on social media and google brought me to this page and then I read the rest. Wow.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

chickennuggssss

I have a sw insta and I don’t understand why people blow all their syns on a chocolate filled breakfast? That wouldn’t fill me up don’t know about anyone else??

Reactions: 11

nolongerlurking

VIP Member
I prefer small accounts rather than the big ones full of ads 🙄 or begging. I have an insta account and just like to post my meals because in my head I think if I don’t post my dinner then I haven’t eaten well 🤣
I’ve lost nearly a stone and a half so far. And I’ve done slimming world loads of times, and always gave up. I genuinely think having an Instagram account has helped me! X

-Dave-

I go to the gym and I feel like I’ve got bigger breasts than Katie Price. I’ve been pushing myself so hard that I’m actually 2 stone down now. Does anyone else dislike it when your starving hungry and someone you follow on a weight loss account shoves a picture of a Chinese Indian or pizza up. It tortures me. I know it’s best to be honest about things but I don’t find it helpful. Anyone else found that?
I don't follow most because of this! I've just taken a pic of my dinner today, it's pretty bloody big and it's something like 0.5syns of firecracker sauce to dip my wedges in. I never eat any fancy meals like you see on instagram because I can't be arsed to spend an hour or so making a "fakeaway" only to be disappointed that it's nothing like the takeaway I used to love!

I doubt I'd get any followers posting meals like this with the lack of care in presentation, the mountainous size of it and the fact it has no cheese grated over it but I've pretty much had it 5 nights a week for a year and lost 13 stone sticking to small variations of it!

89100282_554969605116536_8674045711106441216_n.jpg

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
I think harry is gay isn’t he? Absolutely nothing wrong with that and he shouldn’t be ashamed But I have always had my suspicions 🌈

Does anyone know if Gemmab.slimming has her own thread?
Yeah pretty sure he's in a relationship with a man. Don't mention that on his thread you'll get crucified for asking 😄[/QUOTE]

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Hodgies

Chatty Member
Unfollowed her a couple of months ago because I find her sickly and so cringeworthy. It's like dieting has been a trend, HDE has been a trend and now pedalling "self care" as a thinly veiled excuse for putting weight back on is the latest trend. The thing is, I have a weight loss account and have done for a good few years now, and I've been up and down and been honest about it because weight loss isn't linear! I was on SW for years and have recently moved to calorie counting and finally feel like I'm educating myself and building up a healthy lifestyle, but I've always been transparent about it on my account. All these bullshit false positivity accounts that are actually deeply unhealthy people who can't fix their relationship with food but don't want their followers to know that. It's sad, really. Living their whole lives based on what they want strangers on the Internet to think of them 🙄
So true....I'm sick of seeing bellies hanging out under the guise of "self love". I'm also completely over seeing pictures of people in their bra and pants but that's another issue lol. You can love yourself and still want to improve your body, my weight has an impact on my health and it's not me bowing down to the diet industry to want to lose weight.

• Heart

Lurker90

Im sorry but healthy.habits.with.lauren really needs to leave social media for the time being. Her heath is so poor due to her excessive weight loss and ED and then takes selfies with a stinking fag hanging out her mouth. Grim! If i was her friend, parent, partner i would encourage her to focus on herself and not updating a mass of unknown people about her day.

What is it with all these ‘SW’ accounts putting on weight and then changing their names to ‘lifestyle’ or something that reflects they are stepping away from SW and focusing on a balanced diet. Is that not what SW is supposed to be anyway, not a plan that can be tweaked so much you allow yourself to eat porridge for breakfast topped with cake decorations and biscuits because they are ‘low syn’. Yasminlauren_lifestyle is another one I have just come across, was Yasminlauren_sw I think. Eats that then posts with her stomach hanging out because she is now all about self love and care 🙄

Reactions: 9