Slimming World #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People think when they lose that amount of weight life will be amazing and sunshine and roses after being on the sidelines and unable to do alot being that obese.

Regardless of plan or diet when the weight is gone they have to maintain while grappling a constant fear of returning to their original size. (This is why emmas forever having long baths and early nights, it's so she doesn't eat)

Not to mention to body image issues of loose skin and the hardship of not being able to use food as a comfort.

I think once you have severe weight issues you're never truly free from them
I have always said on her thread that I think this is a big part of her problem. She's always been miserable and I think she thought losing the weight would solve all her misery.

There's always something though.
I would imagine it's very hard, if not near impossible to lose so much weight and not become obsessed with numbers.

Reactions: 5
People think when they lose that amount of weight life will be amazing and sunshine and roses after being on the sidelines and unable to do alot being that obese.

Regardless of plan or diet when the weight is gone they have to maintain while grappling a constant fear of returning to their original size. (This is why emmas forever having long baths and early nights, it's so she doesn't eat)

Not to mention to body image issues of loose skin and the hardship of not being able to use food as a comfort.

I think once you have severe weight issues you're never truly free from them
This is so true it’s a constant battle in life and find it almost impossible to avoid relapsing. I am so worried I’m am now never going to get healthy and it’ll be too late. My body is already giving up on itself and I think my only option may be bariatric surgery. It’s not want I want and I’m so worried I’ll lose my mind but I’m at the end of my journey……and I mean my life unless I can really do something.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
This is so true it’s a constant battle in life and find it almost impossible to avoid relapsing. I am so worried I’m am now never going to get healthy and it’ll be too late. My body is already giving up on itself and I think my only option may be bariatric surgery. It’s not want I want and I’m so worried I’ll lose my mind but I’m at the end of my journey……and I mean my life unless I can really do something.
Working for the NHS and seeing the fact a lot regain all their post surgery weight within two years I seriously wouldn’t consider that an option. Sacrificing all life enjoyments and never being able to have anything fizzy again is awful. Don’t consider that route please

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Working for the NHS and seeing the fact a lot regain all their post surgery weight within two years I seriously wouldn’t consider that an option. Sacrificing all life enjoyments and never being able to have anything fizzy again is awful. Don’t consider that route please
I disagree with telling someone not to consider a route. Telling people to stay away from a certain fad diet is one thing, but advising someone to avoid surgery that could improve their health (especially when you don't know their health background) is a different ball game.

Yes there are people who gain back after surgery but it isn't everyone.
Yes there are possible complications and side effects to bariatric surgery. There are to all surgeries. There are also plenty of surgeries where you have a to abstain from certain things after surgery.

People who have bariatric surgery on the NHS have to meet a strict criteria either have a BMI over 60 or a BMI over 40 with an obesity related health condition such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, back/knee problems etc

If someone has a BMI over 60 they are super morbidly obese and likely have over 15 stone to lose.
Losing that amount naturally will be hard, likely take years and the success rate is low. In the time a person takes to try and try again if they don't already have health problems they could develop them in the mean time.

Also if someone already has type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure losing the weight could save their life.

You cite not being able to drink fizzy pop..
I think if the choice was refuse surgery keep enjoying drinking fizzy pop and eventually have a stroke and possibly die?

Or do without the fizzy pop get the surgery and live a longer life? I know which is more awful out of the two.

Reactions: 14
I'm fed up of all the bariatric surgery bashing. I'd reaches the lowest point in my life after trying every diet but never losing weight, I was letting men treat me like sh!t because my self esteem was so low so I decided enough was enough and had a bypass.
It was hard work - I still counted calories, are my protein and worked out a lot but I lost 7 stone. Recently been through a healthy pregnancy and got engaged with no regain. I no longer binge eat and run 5 times a week. It's not the easy way out people make it to be

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm fed up of all the bariatric surgery bashing. I'd reaches the lowest point in my life after trying every diet but never losing weight, I was letting men treat me like sh!t because my self esteem was so low so I decided enough was enough and had a bypass.
It was hard work - I still counted calories, are my protein and worked out a lot but I lost 7 stone. Recently been through a healthy pregnancy and got engaged with no regain. I no longer binge eat and run 5 times a week. It's not the easy way out people make it to be
massive congratulations xx

Reactions: 4
I disagree with telling someone not to consider a route. Telling people to stay away from a certain fad diet is one thing, but advising someone to avoid surgery that could improve their health (especially when you don't know their health background) is a different ball game.

Yes there are people who gain back after surgery but it isn't everyone.
Yes there are possible complications and side effects to bariatric surgery. There are to all surgeries. There are also plenty of surgeries where you have a to abstain from certain things after surgery.

People who have bariatric surgery on the NHS have to meet a strict criteria either have a BMI over 60 or a BMI over 40 with an obesity related health condition such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, back/knee problems etc

If someone has a BMI over 60 they are super morbidly obese and likely have over 15 stone to lose.
Losing that amount naturally will be hard, likely take years and the success rate is low. In the time a person takes to try and try again if they don't already have health problems they could develop them in the mean time.

Also if someone already has type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure losing the weight could save their life.

You cite not being able to drink fizzy pop..
I think if the choice was refuse surgery keep enjoying drinking fizzy pop and eventually have a stroke and possibly die?

Or do without the fizzy pop get the surgery and live a longer life? I know which is more awful out of the two.
You’ve raised a valid point , and I’ve obviously not seen the success stories with it. I have encountered two people who have had the surgery and I’ve seen complications with one and no change of habits with the other. Both with negative consequence which I’ve formed my opinion from.
I always just encourage people to think long and hard before considering any form of surgery and I always would encourage people to seek help professionally if they have a poor relationship with food before surgery to address the psychological issues first.
My advice was well intended and not to bash surgery itself.

The cals burnt will be in way off. Low calorie isn’t too bad to try and stop overeating if done with a professional and for a short period of time. No diet will work until he gets to the root cause of what causes him to overeat.
I agree. You are so right with this. If this person is being genuine and posting every snack and meal and keeping themselves accountable I support this. It is the deceit and dishonesty with some of these slimming accounts that have annoyed me over the years. I followed someone years ago and they posted every meal that looked amazing and the calorie number and it was never more than 800 kcals and we had weekly weigh ins. Over christmas everything was counted with the same figures. Claimed Christmas dinner was just above 1000kcals and gained 14lbs over Christmas. I don’t understand the need to lie to maintain a certain image for the sake of social media

Reactions: 3
I know he’s not a SW instagrammer any more but has anyone seen itsjacksjourney’s new face to face? Apparently this is in exactly a month?
Angles for a start will make that look massively different. The first one he's holding it so much lower and no flash. Second one he's using a flash or light and holding it higher.
In real life he probably looks no different 😂

Although, that's quite a bit of hair growth for a month. Especially as he's clearly had his hair done between the photos and his roots have grown too? 😂
Or it would be for me personally. Maybe he's different 😂

• Haha
Angles for a start will make that look massively different. The first one he's holding it so much lower and no flash. Second one he's using a flash or light and holding it higher.
In real life he probably looks no different 😂

Although, that's quite a bit of hair growth for a month. Especially as he's clearly had his hair done between the photos and his roots have grown too? 😂
Or it would be for me personally. Maybe he's different 😂
Jack and the amazing, ever changing hair! He gets on my nerves. He tries to copy The Fitness Chef a lot of the time. Even uses his wording of “Less calories, still enjoying [whatever]”

It's a combination of the fact a lot of SW'ers who have huge losses massively restrict (cut out carbs, don't bother with syns, eat small portions) to get to target and the fact SW as plan fundementally doesn't work long term.

It goes something like this:

1. Person with over 8 stone to lose joins SW

2. Due to high weight has big initial losses and gets attention and awards

3. Losses slow down eventually, this makes them unhappy as not getting awards and they thought the weight woule come off faster

4. Begin to eat less syns or less carbs. Losses get bigger again and they get awards coming again.

5. After around a year - 18 months or restricting they reach target

6. Keep eating SW but now they're at target feel they can loosen up and eat more syns, pasta, potatoes and rice, cos they're free right?

7. Body that has been deprived starts holding onto the extra calories coming in and they begin regaining weight

8. They try to cut down again but find it hard as always hungry due to previously depriving their body.
Ask consultant for advice they say focus on free foods

9. They focus on free foods piling plates high with potatoes and pasta but keep gaining weight back and can't lose. Become fustrated and start eating whatever they want and gain even more weight back.

10. After a year- 18 months most if not all of weight gained back. They rejoin SW and the cycle begins again. Except now they are depressed they don't get the same losses as before due to messing up their metabolism.

Snares isn't alone in regaining such a large amounts most of the SW big losers on the gram gained it all back.

- towers
- JSG
- big ben to slim ben
- mrs bavington (well on her way to)
- mr and mrs mummy wright
- charles the foodie slimmer (he is worst example he lost 15 stone then gained back 17 the year after)
- towers
- blueeyesandthickthighs

Probably more I can't think of
And the biggest shock of all, beingbrittany! She’s back to starting weight if not higher and she had lost 10 stone previously

To give an update everyone who has been interested in the unfolding saga, the leader of the community group has had some awful battles with slimming world. She spoke to a member of the slimming world main office team who have said their focus is on slimming world members and their new healthy lifestyles to which she replied, if that is the case why are you trying to shut down a volunteer community organisation to do exactly the same that you are, we are not a threat to slimming world nationally. They had no response and have been silent since. The leader of the community hall where this all happened, wont let slimming world back into the building at all because of their pettiness.

I don’t think our group can continue at the current location and given the battles we have had. A national health club and spa chain have been so nice and have offered us a room at their venue weekly even though, in a way it is a conflict of interest. The only downside it is over 38 miles away using the M40.

In short, slimming world and their Consultant’s disgusting behaviour is making a well intended not for profit idea untenable but the determination to not let them win by everyone has been amazing to witness. The past few weeks have seen me moving from being aloof to slimming world to becoming genuinely angry with them. I am usually objective in my views on certain matters but not here! The leader of the community group feels defeated but isn’t giving up on it all yet.
Just utterly shocking how awful Slimming World are. Keep fighting against them they are just money grabbers. I used to be a Slimming World member I saw the light in lock down thankfully not been back since.

And the biggest shock of all, beingbrittany! She’s back to starting weight if not higher and she had lost 10 stone previously
Is beingbrittany the girl with unusual eyebrows, posts a lot of fashion pictures. I follow her, I didn’t think she was a slimming world member.
---
You can call me old fashioned but I don’t like seeing people in their underwear on instagram. I don’t need to see that when I was scrolling through Instagram while eating an Alpen bar

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Is beingbrittany the girl with unusual eyebrows, posts a lot of fashion pictures. I follow her, I didn’t think she was a slimming world member.
She was a few years back. She's another one that built her following through SW then decided she was an influencer
Screenshot_20230315-131018_Instagram.jpg

And its true she has gained alot back
Screenshot_20230315-131054_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230315-131143_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Is the bottom picture recent? To be honest I used to like her food posts. I thought she was a calorie counter.
The bottom one is recent- ish yes taken in september. I chose it because she is sitting down in it like the other for better comparison.
She was definitely a slimmingworlder.
Screenshot_20230315-132044_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230315-132106_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.