Siobh.OHagan #6 Living differently but it’s deja vu, I don’t want babies or maybe I do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been planning posting for a while but kept putting it off but the skin email motivated me.

Now... the skin issue, I get it... if you’re insecure about something, you hate unsolicited advice. So the ideal thing to do is to not mention it. (At least not publicly to 50,000 or however many it is) She goes ON about it, and shows videos of herself picking her face and clearly not showering/cleaning herself as often as she should which is where people will say something.
You’ve put your life (in this case, your bad skin) online, yet expect nobody to pass on advice? Just simply do not post about it. I actually would have advice for her but if she’s got the best skin expert ever in the world, then carry on with it and don’t mention it.

Living differently, this is such a nice idea. But, doesn’t everyone “live differently”? My sister and her husband have teaching jobs, married, children, all before 30 - that’s not for everybody, but it’s a wonderful life I see them having and they’re completely happy and content. SOH makes out as if that life is you being tied down or unhappy and unable to travel. They love that path they chose, and have travelled the world together, doesn’t sound so bad does it?
“Have you ever tried not being tied” or whatever she put on her Twitter, ok ok ok we get it you don’t “want” a boyfriend (or girlfriend), and you’re totally content answering to nobody. But have you had a healthy relationship? Because her Valentine’s posts reeked of bitterness. I’ve been burnt by men before and it hurts and almost drives you to the “I hate everyone/men” attitude, but I’ve actually let my walls down and been pleasantly surprised with how a nice low-key relationship is. You really can have a well rounded relationship with freedom and space, it doesn’t mean you have to be tied down. Now I get it if she actively does not want a relationship, but a lot of her posts are a bit “the lady doth protests too much”, again - just don’t go on about it?! Or don’t judge other for wanting the opposite of what you have.

Winnie the dog is where I get really angry. I’m a complete dog lover, I’ve adopted dogs my whole life - I had my first dog when I was 3 and she saw my whole life. Dogs need a lot, and it upsets and angers me to see people using dogs as an Instagram toy, or even a cure for boredom. The adoption centre I work closely with, check those who want to adopt so closely - they do home checks, ensure you’re experienced or at least show that you will commit (they’ll do check ups), everything I see she did not go through. I’m not saying she’s a bad person or where she lives is not dog friendly, but I will say she is not a dog person, nor should she be caring for a dog.
The posts saying “too tired to walk” - sis, you tap on your computer all day, glued to your phone and workout an insane amount, maybe you are too tired, but you’re also not actually committing time to a dog that requires it. The idea of a foster home for a dog is that you care the dog back to a “home ready” state to then be adopted. She doesn’t care for the dog or it’s welfare, she lets it eat cooked bones and then tries to have an in-joke with herself about it. You head. Any dog lover or someone who owns a dog should know that as a basic fact what you can and can’t feed a dog. There’s so many points I could put on this but it’ll just anger me and I haven’t got the time, I just needed to rant it out. Someone please rescue that poor dog and allow it to have a proper home life!!!!

As for her being a PT/athlete/coach, I’ve followed her for over 5 years, she was one of if not the person who inspired me into fitness, her progress pics at the start and the meal prepping, gymming and seemingly hard work, I loved it.
But now, if I’d have come across her as a newbie or even as I am now, a PT promoting nutrition within their course/plan/furnace whilst ordering takeaways 3-4 times a day which include a hell of a lot of fried food and sugary foods, it really puts me off and I wouldn’t think twice about not doing her plan. Personally, I believe in leading by example, because it just looks like she can’t be arsed caring for herself but wants money from people doing her course, and these days in the fitness industry, people can spot the bullshit easily.

Lastly, her attitude stinks. Her attitude is as bad as her poor nutrition so if that puts people off then god knows her attitude would. If she’s so content and happy, why is she not happier?? Or at least nicer? The question boxes she puts up is for people to message her, but every other reply is her being rude to people, even when a question is valid or seeks a reply.

Whew, that’s off my chest. As you were x

• Heart
Reactions: 81
I’ve been planning posting for a while but kept putting it off but the skin email motivated me.

Now... the skin issue, I get it... if you’re insecure about something, you hate unsolicited advice. So the ideal thing to do is to not mention it. (At least not publicly to 50,000 or however many it is) She goes ON about it, and shows videos of herself picking her face and clearly not showering/cleaning herself as often as she should which is where people will say something.
You’ve put your life (in this case, your bad skin) online, yet expect nobody to pass on advice? Just simply do not post about it. I actually would have advice for her but if she’s got the best skin expert ever in the world, then carry on with it and don’t mention it.

Living differently, this is such a nice idea. But, doesn’t everyone “live differently”? My sister and her husband have teaching jobs, married, children, all before 30 - that’s not for everybody, but it’s a wonderful life I see them having and they’re completely happy and content. SOH makes out as if that life is you being tied down or unhappy and unable to travel. They love that path they chose, and have travelled the world together, doesn’t sound so bad does it?
“Have you ever tried not being tied” or whatever she put on her Twitter, ok ok ok we get it you don’t “want” a boyfriend (or girlfriend), and you’re totally content answering to nobody. But have you had a healthy relationship? Because her Valentine’s posts reeked of bitterness. I’ve been burnt by men before and it hurts and almost drives you to the “I hate everyone/men” attitude, but I’ve actually let my walls down and been pleasantly surprised with how a nice low-key relationship is. You really can have a well rounded relationship with freedom and space, it doesn’t mean you have to be tied down. Now I get it if she actively does not want a relationship, but a lot of her posts are a bit “the lady doth protests too much”, again - just don’t go on about it?! Or don’t judge other for wanting the opposite of what you have.

Winnie the dog is where I get really angry. I’m a complete dog lover, I’ve adopted dogs my whole life - I had my first dog when I was 3 and she saw my whole life. Dogs need a lot, and it upsets and angers me to see people using dogs as an Instagram toy, or even a cure for boredom. The adoption centre I work closely with, check those who want to adopt so closely - they do home checks, ensure you’re experienced or at least show that you will commit (they’ll do check ups), everything I see she did not go through. I’m not saying she’s a bad person or where she lives is not dog friendly, but I will say she is not a dog person, nor should she be caring for a dog.
The posts saying “too tired to walk” - sis, you tap on your computer all day, glued to your phone and workout an insane amount, maybe you are too tired, but you’re also not actually committing time to a dog that requires it. The idea of a foster home for a dog is that you care the dog back to a “home ready” state to then be adopted. She doesn’t care for the dog or it’s welfare, she lets it eat cooked bones and then tries to have an in-joke with herself about it. You head. Any dog lover or someone who owns a dog should know that as a basic fact what you can and can’t feed a dog. There’s so many points I could put on this but it’ll just anger me and I haven’t got the time, I just needed to rant it out. Someone please rescue that poor dog and allow it to have a proper home life!!!!

As for her being a PT/athlete/coach, I’ve followed her for over 5 years, she was one of if not the person who inspired me into fitness, her progress pics at the start and the meal prepping, gymming and seemingly hard work, I loved it.
But now, if I’d have come across her as a newbie or even as I am now, a PT promoting nutrition within their course/plan/furnace whilst ordering takeaways 3-4 times a day which include a hell of a lot of fried food and sugary foods, it really puts me off and I wouldn’t think twice about not doing her plan. Personally, I believe in leading by example, because it just looks like she can’t be arsed caring for herself but wants money from people doing her course, and these days in the fitness industry, people can spot the bullshit easily.

Lastly, her attitude stinks. Her attitude is as bad as her poor nutrition so if that puts people off then god knows her attitude would. If she’s so content and happy, why is she not happier?? Or at least nicer? The question boxes she puts up is for people to message her, but every other reply is her being rude to people, even when a question is valid or seeks a reply.

Print this, make it poster size, frame it and send it to Bali!! 👏🏼 👏🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
You would wonder if Siobhan’s attitude towards relationships has directly/indirectly “influenced” Beg’s decision to leave himself behind? I could be wrong as I only dip in and out of Sinead’s stories but just a thought :unsure:

Reactions: 12
It suits Siobhan that Sinead will be out there basically single so they can go out all the time. I can't for 1 minute imagine Siobhan having a convo with jack. I don't see Siobhan as a supportive friend to someone in a couple

Reactions: 21

Absolutely love every word of this. Siobhán love when you read this get your highlighter out and all jokes aside , take some notes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m not convinced that sinead is all that into jack.. he entertained her over the lockdown and was something to do in the evenings, no pun intended... once she’s back with her clique now it’ll be bye bye jack...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think Siobhan would have encouraged Sinead to come out and made it seem like more than it is! I also think Sinead used Jack for Instagram engagement, her followers increased after getting with him! Siobhan would def not be supportive of this relationship, I get a sense she wouldn’t even ask about him. He will be yesterday’s news in about a week

Reactions: 9
That email about her skin🤦

As everyone has said on here, eats terrible terrible food! Her diet consists of processed sugary food and as i said here before I was in Thailand with her she puts away slot of food, she's not showing half of what she's eating! And the booze! Everyone knows you drink you see it on your skin!

The sweat i mentioned last week, it's bleeping disgusting her lack of basic human hygeine! Again it's not rocket science and you don't need points in your leaving to know it- Your pores open and if you're sweating and not cleaning yourself those pores will block!

To say it's the dirt/cleaniness in Bali! It's not!! It's you Siobhan! Change your diet and wash yourself after using the gym!

If you are going on a platform and talking about anything it's going to get engagement-either positive or negative!! So if you don't walk to get advice or want people to speak about your skin.its really really really really really bleeping simple. Just stop talking about it!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm sure none of you missed me but I haven't written a "daily" email since Thursday. I aim to do them Mon-Thurs but this week, I ended up hungover on Monday and then moving villa yesterday so here we are.

I was tempted to leave it again but I don't want to fall out of the habit.

So today I want to talk about why I hate receiving skin advice.

I am 32 and still get spots. They can be quite bad, and my face has been especially bad since I got back to Bali.

It's one of the most frustrating things in my life. There are days that I don't want to leave the house.

I am really good friends with Ireland's top skin expert Corinna Tolan (not sure if that's an official title but I just gave it to her). I'm also working with another amazing lady here in Bali.

We have nailed down the main problem with my skin:

It's really dirty and sweaty here, and worst of all: I pick at it.

If I feel any lump or bump or dry skin, I'll pick at it.

Often, it is completely subconscious. It's a problem for years. I remember when my mam used to tell me to sit on my hands.

I have Sinead and Ed trained to give out to me when they see me touch my face.

I get so annoyed at myself, and I've considered hypnotherapy. If I manage to not touch my skin, and keep it clean with regular facials - I have no spots, and therefore no need to pick. I'm already using all the best products that money can buy for my skin.

But if I mention anything about my skin, I will get SO MANY messages from people telling me what latest product is amazing, or what food I shouldn't be eating, or to go on roaccutane.

The thing is, everyone is trying to be nice and helpful. I then have to reply to all these messages saying thank you but I actually just self-sabotage myself. It makes me feel even worse about myself.

I like to compare it to somebody who struggles with their weight.

Imagine somebody is really upset about their weight gain and because they're so conscious of it, they mention it on their story.

And then they receive 100s of messages telling them to just stop eating so much, to try cut out carbs, or to try an unhealthy diet supplement.

They know it's coming from a good place but they have to reply and say thank you for the advice but it's actually because I have no self-control around food (for whatever reason).

I suppose the point of this email is that there isn't always a simple solution, and to consider the situation before you offer unsolicited advice.

The person you are giving nutrition advice to good be great friends with the best nutritionist, but is not getting results for other reasons.

Soooo I guess my point is that if you have sent me skin advice, thank you, but I need to get advice on stopping subconscious habits.

Actually, (and this is me looking for advice, i.e. solicited), if anyone has advice on getting hypnotised or anything like that, I'd love a reply!

Thanks for reading,

Siobhan "Solicited advice > Unsolicited advice" O'Hagan
THEN DON'T TALK ABOUT IT ON YOUR INSTAGRAM, YOU ABSOLUTE PLEB?????

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Her skin is bad because bali is dirty. So is Portugal and ireland dirty too? Common denominator here is you love

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Queen of a post 👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can’t believe my own words that I am making some connection with Siobhan but when I had terrible acne I had work colleagues point it out and offer advice, it was mortifying and made me want to bury my head in the sand. However I did actually cleanse my skin, not eat mountains of tit food and not pick at it with grimy sweaty hands and it did improve, who would have thought 😆😂 maybe I should DM her these tips!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can’t believe my own words that I am making some connection with Siobhan but when I had terrible acne I had work colleagues point it out and offer advice, it was mortifying and made me want to bury my head in the sand. However I did actually cleanse my skin, not eat mountains of tit food and not pick at it with grimy sweaty hands and it did improve, who would have thought 😆😂 maybe I should DM her these tips!

You're brave🤣 and don't forget she doesn't read her DMs 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5

THIS!

I’ve followed Siobh for years myself, and am currently in a bit of a deficit and am striving to make healthier choices (I’m a bit too fond of the Saturday night Dominos in lockdown). I follow a number of fitness bloggers because they give me motivation to stay on track, often giving me new ideas for healthier choices in meals and snacks. However, I genuinely think the fact that a ‘fitness coach’ as far as she deems herself, can be simultaneously ‘training’ easily-influenced young people trying to improve their health, while eating like a 14 year old boy with a new Xbox and a Monster addiction. Don’t get me wrong - I do enjoy when fitness bloggers show their ‘cheat meals’ so to speak, as it shows that we can all break the rules as we choose. I never comment on threads on here, but I seriously think that such a damaging mentality towards food being publicised on her fairly large platform is extremely worrying for younger viewers. It’s only getting worse as time goes on too - I’d be very concerned if I was a friend of hers watching from the sidelines.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I would not deem or classify anyone she hangs around with as a friend. A friend would pull her aside and say "listen i know you don't mean but those question box things you come across passive agressive" or " maybe if you didn't mention your skin or show your face when you're having a bad skin day you wouldn't get so many DMs about it". That's what friends do and that's what you do as a friend. They're not easy conversations but sometimes you have to call your friends out on their tit. Why? Cause they're your mate. These are all Instagramers following each other for likes and numbers. Not true authentic friendships.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.