Siobh.OHagan #6 Living differently but it’s deja vu, I don’t want babies or maybe I do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

"Causes of skin picking disorder
Skin picking disorder is related to obsessive compulsive disorder, where the person cannot stop themselves carrying out a particular action.

It can be triggered by:

• boredom
  • stress or anxiety
  • negative emotions, such as guilt or shame
  • skin conditions, such as acne or eczema
  • other blemishes that the person wants to get rid of (these may not be noticeable to other people)
It's sometimes called a body-focused repetitive behaviour and is similar to repetitive hair pulling disorder (trichotillomania).

It's also related to other obsessive compulsive disorders, such as body dysmorphic disorder, where the person is excessively preoccupied with their appearance.

People with skin picking disorder often also have other obsessive compulsive disorders. These may require their own assessment and treatment."

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
If there was Wikipedia under SOH that can be copy and pasted right in! Along with t &c she copied and pasted!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The latest email. Saying how quickly her new beautiful villa has become 'ordinary'.

I cant with her i just can't. She's so awful 😡

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
But, with Siobhan, why is there a belief that she doesn't shower? Is it just because she doesn't wash her hair every day?
That, and the fact she's said she doesn't! 😂 Plus there are Tattlers here who have been in the gym in Bali and her company and would vouch for it too...:sick:

Reactions: 6
Hope your week is going well. First of all, I just want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to reply to me after yesterday's email. I don't think I could possibly reply to them all but just want to let you know I read them all and took all the recommendations! It's great to have so much help when you want solicited advice ☺

So you might have seen that we've moved into a big fancy villa here. I've spoken before about why I don't see rent as dead money.

I have lived in some amazing places over the last year. Covid has meant that it is a renters market (says somebody who doesn't really know anything about economics). I have lived in my dream apartment in Dublin, my dream townhouse in Portugal and my dream villa in Bali for a lot less than they would have cost a year previously.

But I've always moved on. I think this is an example of the Hedonic Treadmill. i.e. when you get something you always wanted but then get bored of it and want more/better.

I think renting is a great way to test out if you really want something. I was speaking to a good friend of mine who is renting in Ireland. She doesn't want to buy a house until she has enough for her dream house beside the sea.

I like that she isn't settling for anything less than she really wants, just to get on the property ladder.

But I suggested renting something similar to her dream house for a few months. It will be expensive but it might save you the hassle and cost of saving for a mortgage for that house and then getting bored of it.

I'm not saying that everyone always gets bored of their home, it's just a possibility.

I only suggest it because I have moved into the most amazing places and felt so lucky, but then it just becomes so ordinary. I am always so grateful that I didn't sacrifice any of my life to afford it.

It means I can leave in cheaper places for half the year, and then nicer places the other half. But (just in case you didn't read my previous email) that's because I value freedom over security.

As always, I just like to use these emails to get you thinking and to hopefully show different perspectives on living.

Thanks for reading,

Siobhan "Feel like Suzanne Jackson with my walk-in wardrobe today" O'Hagan

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I dont understand the doesnt shower thing either! Although I'm not on tattle long. I only wash my hair once a week... I have thick long dry dyed hair that only looks dirty after about 6 days so I throw it into an upstyle for day 7 until I wash it but that doesn't mean I dont shower every day because I do. Sometimes twice a day if I'm exercising or whatever. I get that other people's hair is very greasy/dirty after 2 days but you can't criticise other people for not washing their hair as often if they have a different hair type.

In siobhans case her hair seems less dry than mine and I dont think she would get as long out of it(her workouts are much more vigorous than mine). Her face seems very greasy too as if she doesnt wash it but then I know people with bad skin who wash their face often and still look greasy so that could be at play here.

Reactions: 4
She seems restless. I dont think she knows how to be happy or content. I dont think she knows who she is or whats important to her. She's a lost soul.
I imagine her to be a destructive friend. The one that gives you advice to support her own choices. Like the "friend" who wants to live by the sea encouraging her to rent by the ocean as its less hassle and will save her money saving for a mortgage. If I were to believe this friend is real (which I dont) then why would you try and encourage your friend who wants to save to buy not too and instead spend large sums of money to rent a home by the ocean.
With friends like siobhan who needs enemies.

Reactions: 24
She seems restless.
You sound jealous!! :pShe's living the life we only dream of- with no commitments and the ability to up sticks and move whenever the notion takes her!:rolleyes:😂

She's definately a toxic friend- sure didn't she tell Sinead to stay in Ireland if she wasn't going to drink when she got to Bali- because being her sesh buddy is the only thing that matters... :cautious:

Reactions: 8
She seems restless. I dont think she knows how to be happy or content. I dont think she knows who she is or whats important to her. She's a lost soul.
I imagine her to be a destructive friend. The one that gives you advice to support her own choices. Like the "friend" who wants to live by the sea encouraging her to rent by the ocean as its less hassle and will save her money saving for a mortgage. If I were to believe this friend is real (which I dont) then why would you try and encourage your friend who wants to save to buy not too and instead spend large sums of money to rent a home by the ocean.
Like when begarty wanted to give up drink for lent and Siobhan said she wouldn’t be welcome in bali if she did.
We always see Siobhan benefitting from her friends (skincare, hair care, places to stay etc) but rarely does she return the favour. She doesn’t “build” any of her mates up. Doesn’t shout them out or congratulate them unless it for her benefit. Even the free hair and skin treatments she gets..she won’t shout out the person doing them. Doesn’t even leave a measly tip.

Reactions: 11
It’s all well and good for her now but... the reason people generally choose to buy houses is so they’ve a roof over their head when they retire... people don’t do it ‘just because’ like there is a genuine reason!!! She grinds my gears.

I wonder if for all her talk that she JuST LoVeS tHe FreeDoM, she knows she’s got a house for life in Ireland or she knows her family would bail her out with a deposit or something if she does ever choose to buy.

Reactions: 10
I wouldn’t be surprised if she bought a house or an apartment in recent years that she rents out

Reactions: 6
I wonder has this 'friend' who wants to live by the seaside ever met her Indonesian 'friend' who was looking for advice from her....... :ROFLMAO:

So many 'friends' referenced in her emails.........

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her make believe advice is pure shite.

Live by the sea first in case you hate it. Like, your made up friend surely knows what they want? How can you whinge that people dont believe you when you say that you dont want kids - yet when other people want stuff, you imply they mightnt want it at all.

duck right off Siobhan

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Her make believe advice is pure shite.

Live by the sea first in case you hate it. Like, your made up friend surely knows what they want? How can you whinge that people dont believe you when you say that you dont want kids - yet when other people want stuff, you imply they mightnt want it at all.

duck right off Siobhan
oh so its OK for her to give unsolicited advice? Nice of her to support her friend in trying to obtain her goals. :rolleyes:
Once they dont out shine SOHs achievements....I get the impression she cant be out done by the ppl around her.
This girl is supposed to be some sort of lifestyle coach right?

Reactions: 13
Once they dont out shine SOHs achievements....I get the impression she cant be out done by the ppl around her.
Completely agree. I often wonder though does she even believe what she's saying.

Like she's 30 odd now, I wonder does she look at people she went to school with who have bought houses in Swords or somewhere, got married, maybe have children and think they are so beneath my amazing life or is she actually jealous?

I also wonder how long this can last. The daily coffee, poor yoga form, poor workout form, gorging on bad foods, swapping "friends", moving country, it's all a bit chaotic. I wouldn't even class her as a PT now I mean she gives zero advice, doesn't coach, doesn't follow her own plan (or any plan for that matter). Surely the likes of MyProtein see there are 100s of up and coming PT's and influencers who they can work with

Reactions: 12
Why does she think that just because she is unsure what she wants in life that so is everyone else?? Her next great piece of advice will be “if you’re thinking of having a baby, foster a child to ‘test it out’, before giving birth to your own”. Let’s say rent is €1000(unlikely in today’s world), testing it out for a year, that’s 12 grand down the drain that could have been put towards a house deposit. She is a self proclaimed advocate for taking risks so why would she not advice her friend to take the risk and buy the house by sea? Does she not understand that you can sell the house if it doesn’t workout and buy elsewhere 😡😡

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.