Siobh.OHagan #6 Living differently but it’s deja vu, I don’t want babies or maybe I do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure none of you missed me but I haven't written a "daily" email since Thursday. I aim to do them Mon-Thurs but this week, I ended up hungover on Monday and then moving villa yesterday so here we are.

I was tempted to leave it again but I don't want to fall out of the habit.

So today I want to talk about why I hate receiving skin advice.

I am 32 and still get spots. They can be quite bad, and my face has been especially bad since I got back to Bali.

It's one of the most frustrating things in my life. There are days that I don't want to leave the house.

I am really good friends with Ireland's top skin expert Corinna Tolan (not sure if that's an official title but I just gave it to her). I'm also working with another amazing lady here in Bali.

We have nailed down the main problem with my skin:

It's really dirty and sweaty here, and worst of all: I pick at it.

If I feel any lump or bump or dry skin, I'll pick at it.

Often, it is completely subconscious. It's a problem for years. I remember when my mam used to tell me to sit on my hands.

I have Sinead and Ed trained to give out to me when they see me touch my face.

I get so annoyed at myself, and I've considered hypnotherapy. If I manage to not touch my skin, and keep it clean with regular facials - I have no spots, and therefore no need to pick. I'm already using all the best products that money can buy for my skin.

But if I mention anything about my skin, I will get SO MANY messages from people telling me what latest product is amazing, or what food I shouldn't be eating, or to go on roaccutane.

The thing is, everyone is trying to be nice and helpful. I then have to reply to all these messages saying thank you but I actually just self-sabotage myself. It makes me feel even worse about myself.

I like to compare it to somebody who struggles with their weight.

Imagine somebody is really upset about their weight gain and because they're so conscious of it, they mention it on their story.

And then they receive 100s of messages telling them to just stop eating so much, to try cut out carbs, or to try an unhealthy diet supplement.

They know it's coming from a good place but they have to reply and say thank you for the advice but it's actually because I have no self-control around food (for whatever reason).

I suppose the point of this email is that there isn't always a simple solution, and to consider the situation before you offer unsolicited advice.

The person you are giving nutrition advice to good be great friends with the best nutritionist, but is not getting results for other reasons.

Soooo I guess my point is that if you have sent me skin advice, thank you, but I need to get advice on stopping subconscious habits.

Actually, (and this is me looking for advice, i.e. solicited), if anyone has advice on getting hypnotised or anything like that, I'd love a reply!

Thanks for reading,

Siobhan "Solicited advice > Unsolicited advice" O'Hagan

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm sure none of you missed me but I haven't written a "daily" email since Thursday. I aim to do them Mon-Thurs but this week, I ended up hungover on Monday and then moving villa yesterday so here we are.

I am 32 and still get spots. They can be quite bad, and my face has been especially bad since I got back to Bali.

It's one of the most frustrating things in my life. There are days that I don't want to leave the house.

I am really good friends with Ireland's top skin expert Corinna Tolan (not sure if that's an official title but I just gave it to her). I'm also working with another amazing lady here in Bali.

Often, it is completely subconscious. It's a problem for years. I remember when my mam used to tell me to sit on my hands.

I get so annoyed at myself, and I've considered hypnotherapy. If I manage to not touch my skin, and keep it clean with regular facials - I have no spots, and therefore no need to pick. I'm already using all the best products that money can buy for my skin.

But if I mention anything about my skin, I will get SO MANY messages from people telling me what latest product is amazing, or what food I shouldn't be eating, or to go on roaccutane.

The thing is, everyone is trying to be nice and helpful. I then have to reply to all these messages saying thank you but I actually just self-sabotage myself. It makes me feel even worse about myself.

Imagine somebody is really upset about their weight gain and because they're so conscious of it, they mention it on their story.

And then they receive 100s of messages telling them to just stop eating so much, to try cut out carbs, or to try an unhealthy diet supplement.

They know it's coming from a good place but they have to reply and say thank you for the advice but it's actually because I have no self-control around food (for whatever reason).

I suppose the point of this email is that there isn't always a simple solution, and to consider the situation before you offer unsolicited advice.

The person you are giving nutrition advice to good be great friends with the best nutritionist, but is not getting results for other reasons.

Soooo I guess my point is that if you have sent me skin advice, thank you, but I need to get advice on stopping subconscious habits.

Actually, (and this is me looking for advice, i.e. solicited), if anyone has advice on getting hypnotised or anything like that, I'd love a reply!

Thanks for reading,

Guys... just incase any of you are thicker than the mathematical genius that is SOH, that is a greater than sign at the end where she signs off 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Thanks for reading,

So basically she needs to stop picking at her skin.
Shame none of those self help books she reads are about how to motivate yourself to change your habits and get what you want out of life! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She beats on and on about Atomic Habits ... showing she may read a book but does not learn from them.

Reactions: 12

Dear Siobhán,
Can you please proof read your useless garbage emails before sending them out,
Your truely
The "we honestly don't care" world

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Dear Siobhán,
Can you please proof read your useless garbage emails before sending them out,
Your truely
The "we honestly don't care" world
Think she has the same proof reader as Sinead ‘frontal lobe’ Begarty

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Commenting that an overweight person doesn't need nutrition advice- "it's actually because I have no self-control around food (for whatever reason)." :mad: Real compassionate there Shiv. Showing what she feels about overweight people really. With the passive aggressive 'for whatever reason' in brackets to ward off any criticism.

And go wash your bleeping face, get your facials done, get hypnosis- do whatever it takes to sort your skin out (though freebies from Monica are no doubt on route...like chucking water into the ocean) and stop yapping about it. Discussing it online will result in followers trying to help,cause you know, most people are nice. :rolleyes:🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Is there a thread on begarty??
Latest on begs

Reactions: 1
"Don't give me unsolicited advice about my skin but can someone tell me about hypnotherapy to stop me picking my skin"

Almost as bad as Boris with his infamous "Go to the pub, but don't go to the pub " speech

There must be a lot of pigeons delivering this unsolicited advice - as you know her DMs are.... (select the most appropriated option)..... cant get into them as full/too many to respond to/does not answer/blocked/only answers selected messages that kiss her ass.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
"Don't give me unsolicited advice about my skin but can someone tell me about hypnotherapy to stop me picking my skin"

Almost as bad as Boris with his infamous "Go to the pub, but don't go to the pub " speech

There must be a lot of pigeons delivering this unsolicited advice - as you know her DMs are.... (select the most appropriated option)..... cant get into them as full/too many to respond to/does not answer/blocked/only answers selected messages that kiss her ass.
Talk about thinking the world owes you a favour! She is unbelievable!

Reactions: 3
Sorry but could someone just quickly explain to me what '<' means? I've been living under a rock my entire life and I just can't figure it out

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Sorry but could someone just quickly explain to me what '<' means? I've been living under a rock my entire life and I just can't figure it out
Nobody on here would possibly be intelligent enough to explain it to you...:LOL: Shiv will explain it in between mouthfuls of burger...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Nobody on here would possibly be intelligent enough to explain it to you...:LOL: Shiv will explain it in between mouthfuls of burger...
You must not have done Einstein Level Maths in the Leaving Cert. Dam sure no-one on Tattle did either. Sorry, can't assist.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.