Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally agree which is why I said his builds were good but could be better. The idea that anyone buys a sim pack because Deli or any simstuber built one of the lots is crazy to me. In a way simsubers list video ideas because they can't make eleventy videos renovating the ea lots now. It just proves that building the lots was the least important thing to Ea so they just gave the job to the game changers. With the slight bonus of free promotion and a bit of arse kissing from those chosen few who think it makes them an architect or something.

Reactions: 7
I’m not sure if I’m glad that I’ve found this thread or sad as I watch these channels on the daily 😂 but I’ve been reading for the last few days and it’s definitely made me look at some of these channel’s differently 👀😅

I got curious as I’ve been wanting to start a sims YouTube channel for a while, but I’m not sure if I’m too late to the game? TikTok and shorts bore me as I prefer longer form content.

What sort of things do people really want from a sims YouTube channel these days?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was wondering was there a controversy because no asian simmers were asked to build for Mt. Komorebi?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Here are my opinions that nobody asked for regarding the Simmers building for the EP:

-It kinda tracks that Simsie was asked to build a suburban starter, that’s her whole brand. Deli makes less sense, her channel was kind of flopping when she was asked to do this back in the summer and her builds have been some variation of “modern bougie beige” for a long time now. She is very far removed from a family builder imo that it’s weird she was considered for this specific pack.

-Alternatively, maybe the Sims team just wants to use their biggest names for all future packs and it just happened to be Deli’s turn this time around 🤷🏻‍♀️

-Asking bigger Simmers to build instead of lesser knowns makes sense from a business perspective, Deli and Simsie both have over 1M subscribers. They have a bigger audience, which means a bigger reach and more eyes on their content (even if their views don’t always align with sun counts). You know they’re both going to hype up this pack because they worked on it, and there’s a bonus to hiring Deli: you’ll get James hyping it up on her behalf as well.

Does EA/Sims team overestimate how influential the Simmers are? Probably. But from a practical perspective, it makes sense. Not condoning it, btw. It’d be awesome to see smaller channels get the spotlight. But taking all feelings out of it, it makes sense.

Reactions: 10
Completely agree w above. It's not about quality haha. In HSY the Boba/thrift shop was made by Msgryphi who is a speed builder. They are crazy talented, but their video on that build got 40k views. James turner did like 6 videos on his werewolves builds, and got over 200k per vid. I also feel the main simmers are gonna be less inclined to criticise the pack if they were a part of making it. At the very least, they're not gonna criticise the world/lots.

What sort of things do people really want from a sims YouTube channel these days?
Welcome!! I can't speak for everyone, but I prefer gameplay vids. If it's building, I prefer non speed builds, where the person talks through their process as they're making it instead of pre-recording the footage and talking over it.
I think a sentiment I've seen expressed is for more mature simmers - I think there's a gap for that. Simmers are either making their content really child friendly, or go the other way, and use a lot of rly crass humor for adults. So, not 'adult-focused' simming, just more mature simmers who are maybe a little less silly and shrieky and don't fall into that YT trap of overreacting to every tiny thing in game. But realistically it'll come down to your personality/charisma. Eg. I love call me Kevin, started watching him for Sims content, but now will watch any video he puts out because I like him.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m not sure if I’m glad that I’ve found this thread or sad as I watch these channels on the daily 😂 but I’ve been reading for the last few days and it’s definitely made me look at some of these channel’s differently 👀😅

I got curious as I’ve been wanting to start a sims YouTube channel for a while, but I’m not sure if I’m too late to the game? TikTok and shorts bore me as I prefer longer form content.

Hello! I don’t believe anyone is ever too late. Definitely make that sims channel if that’s what you really want. I think it depends on the audience and what kind of audience you wish to cultivate.

i haven’t watched LP’s in ages, but that’s because none of them are interesting to me anymore. I prefer naturally chaotic and rolling with the punches type of play, like James kind of does in LP’s. Also DevonBumkin doesn’t LP much, but when he does it’s hilarious (check out his Dream Home Decorating with Beryl gameplay). Call Me Kevin has positive reviews everywhere. I need I watch him one day but if the comments are to go by, he definitely has funny and chaotic gameplay.

As for building, try to be creative and have some variety (refer to lilsimsie for guidance on what not to do lmao). Have well rounded knowledge of building and gameplay (refer to Deligracy also on what not to do). At least this is what I look for, can’t speak for everyone tho.

Are there any Asian simmers?!
There are many Asian simmers: TK Sims, Tiny Sim Bee, Bidomaudo, MAIA makes, Mikoto_sims, Paszarine, Seenderella, Yukihyo, Shieama, xFreezerBunnyx (I think he did a pack build before?), also Doctor Ashley is Asian American. And I’m likely missing a lot more. One of my faves, Girlseye, quit the sims, but was one of the most amazing builders.
---
The only asian simmers I've seen are ones who just post speed/stop motion builds 😭 If anyone has any in mind, please drop them!!!
True a lot of them are builders but they are exactly who we need to build these worlds 😆

• Heart
If anyone is curious… Cindy (pleasantsims) has apparently up and moved to Arkansas AND is back with Andrew…

It’s on her instagram. I do not think I could cringe harder than I did at that announcement. I know BPD causes impulsive actions, but I did not expect this nor do I think it’ll turn out well.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
BBB23FBB-80D1-4393-A365-BBE85BF02F7E.jpeg

who wants to inform deli she can just turn the volume down?
---

I just want folks to play the game the way they like to play it and not like it’s a job where you have to guess what everyone else wants you to do to the point that it’s no longer fun for you or interesting to anyone else.

• Haha
I think this comment sums up what a lot of us are thinking. I really hope her audience doesn't turn on her because a lot of them are going to be mad.

impulse - Copy.PNG

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I think this comment sums up what a lot of us are thinking. I really hope her audience doesn't turn on her because a lot of them are going to be mad.

View attachment 2010167
Yep. I quite liked her, but she really needs help. One day she says one thing, the next she does the opposite. I feel like yelling at my laptop to tell her to slow down and think things through 😂

Reactions: 6
Uh oh, people are already talking about the money and how things were misleading or a scam. Kind of had a feeling this was going to happen.

3 - Copy.PNG

4 - Copy.PNG

1 - Copy.PNG

2 - Copy.PNG

• Wow
Reactions: 13
aw i was really rooting for cindy too!

i thought it was crazy the amount of changes she was making at once anyway and it really felt completely unsustainable (especially the carnivore diet). she seems to be in a good headspace but none of her videos did it seem like she was implementing proper support systems except the first therapy appointment she attended, so i was worried when she burns out she would be left with nothing again.

i’m glad everything has worked out for her but it does seem a bit strange?

just editing to say i didn’t realise she’d been on the carnivore diet for a few months now so that’s not a recent addition (but i don’t know how she doesn’t constantly have diarrhoea)

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Uh oh, people are already talking about the money and how things were misleading or a scam. Kind of had a feeling this was going to happen.

View attachment 2011541
View attachment 2011544
View attachment 2011526
View attachment 2011527
I completely agree. To be honest, the fact that she started taking money from people and suggesting they buy her a coffee had me suspicious. She talks about being in a bad financial situation and then, out of the blue, she goes and buys a car.

Reactions: 6
For her sake, I hope this works out, but oof. The reconciliation wasn't too surprising tbh, seems like it was heading in that direction, but to suddenly get back together and move to another state in a matter of days? Wasn't it 2 weeks ago that she made a vlog about how she wasn't sure she'd take him back right no
I completely agree. To be honest, the fact that she started taking money from people and suggesting they buy her a coffee had me suspicious. She talks about being in a bad financial situation and then, out of the blue, she goes and buys a car.
Giving her the benefit of the doubt because there’s no way you can watch those videos, especially the first few right after it happened, and think it was a scam or something. If that was an act, she should make a career out of it.

(Though I’m willing to concede it’s totally possible she hasn’t been upfront about everything, especially in her more recent videos where she’s been in better spirits. And I get why people are upset they gave money to help her get therapy and she’s had 1, maybe 2 sessions with her therapist before seemingly dropping it. Hopefully she’s already looking for a new therapist in AK or her current one does virtual sessions)

But this entire thing has been quite the whirlwind. She’s gone from crying that her life is over to saying she’s doesn’t know if she’d take him back and that she’s excited to be independent to suddenly being back together and moving to Arkansas in, what? A month or so? I like her and hope this is for the best, but it seems like nothing has truly, really changed. How can it, and how can she, after so little time? chances are high that things are going to go back to how they were before all of this went down, and chances are good he’s going to leave her again once the “we’re back together!” fog lifts and he realizes they’re back in their old pattern.

I really hope I’m wrong though. I hope she’s willing and able to stick through going to therapy and working on herself.

Exactly. When she said she couldn't take the animals with her and she didn't know how she was going to afford to move etc. then gets groceries delivered multiple times a week, buys tons of frivolous stuff and then a car, I noped out.

• Wow
Giving her the benefit of the doubt because there’s no way you can watch those videos, especially the first few right after it happened, and think it was a scam or something. If that was an act, she should make a career out of it.
I don't think it started as a scam, but I think that after people started sending donations, she liked it and took advantage of it.
---
Exactly. When she said she couldn't take the animals with her and she didn't know how she was going to afford to move etc. then gets groceries delivered multiple times a week, buys tons of frivolous stuff and then a car, I noped out.
The pets thing was very weird. She was very quick to leave them behind.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.