Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always kind of wish it wasn't possible to have power or water to a sims build until you physically have a room. Rags to riches would be more challenging.
I bet Carl could make a mod for this... He has such good mods, I love his difficult gameplay mod. It increases bills, decreases pay + decreases how much you make when you sell anything - plants, paintings, books, whatever. It makes it so there's a limit on how much friendship you can build w someone in one day (so you can't meet and like, get married in one afternoon). But you can toggle all these settings to your liking. I bet he could make something like this, really easily - I might contact him and ask him. I'd also love a realistic build mod - maybe where you'd have to pay extra for moving plumbing or windows or stairs. Idk. But no plumbing or electricity when you just have a roof seems simple enough

i am a full advocate of slacking and also of getting a lot of rest when you need it so you can do your job and still have energy for your life, but i can’t stand privileged people who play a video game for a living acting like their job is soooooo demanding, and the work is soooooooo hard. She is in the entertainment business. She needs to get over herself or find another career.
Yeah totally, I think a lot of people are slowly unlearning the inherent mindset that you MUST work yourself to the bone and be endlessly loyal to your employer, and put in 150% at your job even if you hate it. I'm legit here for doing exactly your job and not an ounce more effort, and defining your work hours clearly, and knowing what your time is worth. Deli's 'ohhhh I work so hard' spiel is so frustrating. I'd actually appreciate it more if she was open about the fact that she only needs to put out one or two videos a week, and worked to this schedule because then she'd have time to do fun things an enjoy life. I don't follow any other YTers who talk about how hard their job is (as regularly as her). Nick Diramio is my favourite YTer and he puts in a LOT of effort into his videos. But he'd never once post on insta bragging about how much work he does. He puts out one video a week. He'd never go on and on saying he works so hard!!! Ew. Like calm down. Enjoy that you're in a priveleged position where you could choose to work 10-20 hours a week and stop complaining. It's so distasteful.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I recently lost my job at a small startup due to downsizing and found out he fired me and the other analyst. The next day, he reposted the job listings since we were asking for higher pay.

It’s honestly so insulting to see Deli and Vixella put zero effort and post one video a week after working from 8 am to 7 pm Monday to Friday for tit pay.
I am so sorry and I hope you find an even better job.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Tried to watch a james turner video, and between the constant “nonono nono no!” Thing he does and the spit thing he does when he scoffs, i just can’t anymore with him. I do like how he plays the game, but all of his verbal tics and habits, and the general air of superiority he projects make him pretty much unwatchable for me.
I’ve had my foot on James neck for being a prick for a while but his videos are also not as good as he seems to think they are. I get his main comparison is Deli but being above her content doesn’t make your videos amazing. He has creative ideas and different styles of gameplay but the constant forced phrases make him so annoying to listen too. Even watching his recent videos after the livestreams you can see how forced his smiling intro is. Everything is so forced to try and be fun when he’s really not like that and it’s pretty transparent coming from him. To conclude this rant: James needs to get his head out of his ass

• Haha
Reactions: 15
this is so funny to me because she’s so quick to post numerous ig stories about working and planning and complaining about how long she’s been working for but never any REAL stories like how she’s been laying in bed til 8pm 😂😂
41AB6A38-87C4-4E87-B9A1-8DA5AF5D2157.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
“these were not cheap to buy”
“it cost an arm and a leg”
“i saved for 2 and a half years”

for this?… oh my goodness 🙃

FFD027E6-BBF5-4DD4-AB18-F5359956EFF4.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13

View attachment 1996173
Ok, aside from them being kinda ugly (personal take).... How friggen expensive are they if you had to save for over two years??

Like, a new computer is expensive. A new car is extremely pensive. Prison wear should not be that expensive 🤷‍♀️🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ok, aside from them being kinda ugly (personal take).... How friggen expensive are they if you had to save for over two years??

Like, a new computer is expensive. A new car is extremely pensive. Prison wear should not be that expensive 🤷‍♀️🤔
i think it was more she’s been wanting them for 2 and a half years rather than she didn’t have the money for them right away. i think they’re around $325 aud

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Ok so Kelsey just posted a kit ranking video. She previously said she likes January off to get fresh, new ideas and had come up with some new things. Is this it? Is this the result of her creative recharge month? A trained monkey could come up with this. I expect more from a "professional Sims player".

Reactions: 5

View attachment 1996173
not to mention that ugly-ass chair that she doesn’t even like that costs 500 dollars on sale. 🙄

Meanwhile, I’m working full time and supporting a disabled adult child and stressing the f out over my 420 dollar snow plow bill.

I can’t even with her unexamined privilege.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
This right here. Okay fine, she has more money that I do, whatever. But it's her casually dropping hundreds on a haircut/manicure and a chair that exists solely as a set piece, then turning around and wanting praise for "saving up" for some basic t-shirt/romper/dress (really can't tell what it is). Because you know people will kiss her ass for being responsible, good with money, whatever. She is trying so hard to be relatable when in fact she is insanely privileged that can't even see it. It's so aggravating.

Can someone explain how the title of plumbellas video relates in anyway to the content. I admit I scrolled through a lot of the video but the beginning was her blathering on about how she's been playing just dance and likes the endorphins from exercise and wants to recreate the same feeling from the sims. So she creates herself builds a house and does some exercise. I got bored and ffwd the end bit. What did I miss?

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Can someone explain how the title of plumbellas video relates in anyway to the content. I admit I scrolled through a lot of the video but the beginning was her blathering on about how she's been playing just dance and likes the endorphins from exercise and wants to recreate the same feeling from the sims. So she creates herself builds a house and does some exercise. I got bored and ffwd the end bit. What did I miss?
I don't understand how she got a masters degree in history but can't make a coherent YouTube video to save her life.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ok so Kelsey just posted a kit ranking video. She previously said she likes January off to get fresh, new ideas and had come up with some new things. Is this it? Is this the result of her creative recharge month? A trained monkey could come up with this. I expect more from a "professional Sims player".
I don't even get how she can rank anything. She barely knows how certain features work in each pack or what even comes in the packs let alone kits.

Kayla thinking she's not like other girls because she has a bunch of graves. It's the sims you are going to have a large amount of graves if you play for several gens. It's not like any of her Sim die in interesting ways. It's mostly old age, random graves she's collected from around the world and a few sims she made jump into a pond until they drowned.

• Haha
not to mention that ugly-ass chair that she doesn’t even like that costs 500 dollars on sale. 🙄

Meanwhile, I’m working full time and supporting a disabled adult child and stressing the f out over my 420 dollar snow plow bill.

I'm with you!! I financially support my disabled adult sister (my mum supports her - I moved to Australia years ago to support them). Sending so much love!!

Also yeah deli talking about all her spending and savings is arghhhhhh. The recession (can we call it a depression yet??) has hit so hard here in aus - unsure about the rest of the world, but surely there too. I'm 27 and definitely won't ever buy a home, but a friend of mine in her 40s has, her mortgage payments have gone up from 1200 to 2700 a month. My rent has gone up from 800 to 1200 p/m and I can't afford to move / we are having a rental crisis, where 30+ people show up for one inspection. Groceries have skyrocketed, and despite supermarkets claiming it's because of supply issues / the war in Ukraine, they have recorded record profits this year. Aka they are using excuses to price gouge the public, and we just have to sit and take it.

Deli feels completely out of touch with this, when the cost of living crisis basically dominates all our major news outlets, and it's something my friends and peers discuss daily. OBVIOUSLY I don't want deli to make videos discussing our cost of living crisis 😂 that's depressing af. But cmon girl have a little tact! Stop endlessly posting about online shopping and spending money. It's such a YTer mindset (but a bad and outdated one).

It's like, did anyone else watch Drew Goodens video a few years ago on Lilly Singhs Late Show? He said, paraphrasing, it's really gauche for Lilly to make jokes about being a millionaire and owning Ferraris. Like imagine Conan O'Brian coming out and doing his opening monologue just bragging about being rich.
Obv deli is not at that level but girl READ THE ROOM

• Heart
Reactions: 17
i have never watched a vixella video before but from hearing some of you talk about her i decided to have a look just to see what her build/interior style is like (i don’t care about gameplay) and i’m literally so confused at how she has a million subscribers? i didn’t watch any videos all the way but i skipped to the end and idk if it’s just a coincidence in the 10 that i seen, but every single house she’s built is just a square with one little bump out at the front? like there’s literally no more to it?? a million subscribers??? she’s making money from building squares in the sims??

not to toot my own horn but my builds are better (in my opinion 🤣) my gallery ID is mfrancey if u wanna see 🤣🤣 although i haven’t played in a long time since i have a lil baby now 🥰

• Heart
And the tiny side table was 200AU$....
---
Wait, so she bought this super expensive chair but doesn't even like it ??? "I mean I like it but I don't like it because it's so trendy everyone has it" ??? Okay ?? And then she says "I only bought this one because it was the only white chair available"... WHAT. Is this girl okay ?? o_O
---
Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 01-07-37 Side tables Bed side tables - Pillow Talk.png
Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 01-07-53 Living - Furniture - Chair - Occasional Chairs - Pillow Talk.png

---
I thought they were supposed to save money for the solar panel batteries ? They installed solar panels but couldn't afford the batteries. And what about the kitchen renovation ? What is she doing spending all that money on useless decor furniture for an appartment they barely go to ??
---
"my grandmother has died 6 months ago so I've been tired since"
"my PMS is bad so like I said I've been very tired"
I'm sorry about the grandmother and all but... which one is it then ? I know we've said this tons of times already but why is she tired all the time when she works maybe 10 hours per week, and by work I mean ""work""... I read all your posts and yes like you guys said I don't mind if someone has more money than me or most people whatever but the fact that she doesn't realise how easy she has it is infuriating.
---
Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 01-15-02 I tried to dye my hair blonde.png
Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 01-15-33 I tried to dye my hair blonde.png

She calls it "lounge wear" but before that she mentions "going down to the coffee shop". What's even the point of spending so much money on pyjamas but this is so ugly and ill fitting. She says "I've gone with a size M/L but I could probably have gone down a size"... Yeah or 3... Look at the shorts on her !!
---
Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 01-19-05 I tried to dye my hair blonde.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I don't understand how she got a masters degree in history but can't make a coherent YouTube video to save her life.
It's worse because her Masters isn't even in history, it's in media...

You couldn't imagine Jesse making a video like this or acting so calm in a video now. I know people change and the pandemic battered us all but I would love to see her make a video or act like this again. Like she's clearly quirky but in a fun, not obnoxious way. It's a corny thing to say but I could imagine being mates with this Jesse.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It's worse because her Masters isn't even in history, it's in media...
You’ve got to be pulling my leg 🤣 🤣 She bangs on so much about how she loves history and lore because that’s what he masters is in and it’s actually just in media?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.