Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i remember a few people on here saying they feel sorry for deli when she lurks in on james streams but am i the only one that doesn’t? like it’s his job. people go to work for usually 8-9 hours of the day. what would she do if james worked 12 hour shifts out of the house? she’d have no choice but to be lonely or go make some friends. coming and saying hello to the viewers is fine but the sitting in the back with silent approval nodding and giving awkward fake smiles is bleeping weird. although it’s weirder coming into his streams half naked and leaning over his shoulder while staring at herself on screen. bizarre behaviour.

yeah i know exactly what you’re talking about. i don’t think she even gets any liquid in her mouth most times. the faces she pulls while drinking are so fuckin weird 🥴
And, you know, she could use that time to do her own work. Blind blowing, I know 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
i remember a few people on here saying they feel sorry for deli when she lurks in on james streams but am i the only one that doesn’t? like it’s his job. people go to work for usually 8-9 hours of the day. what would she do if james worked 12 hour shifts out of the house? she’d have no choice but to be lonely or go make some friends. coming and saying hello to the viewers is fine but the sitting in the back with silent approval nodding and giving awkward fake smiles is bleeping weird. although it’s weirder coming into his streams half naked and leaning over his shoulder while staring at herself on screen. bizarre behaviour.
No same, it's super weird to me too. And sure, popping in to say hi to the stream is fine and expected at this point. But hovering silently or sitting on the floor in the background with just the top of her head showing is super awkward and cringe.

The codependency vibes are strong here. Have they really spent any time apart since they started dating? Obviously COVID forced their hand a bit when they were in lockdown together for months, but how much time have they spent not with each other since then? A couple of days, max, when Deli went back to Melbourne after her grandma passed? Deli strikes me as the type of person who doesn't really have a lot of friends outside of her relationship, so she's probably pretty isolated, especially in Sydney. Buuuuuuut that being said, it's up to her to deal with that in ways that don't have to include awkwardly sitting in silence in while her boyfriend works.

Reactions: 12
A lot of simstubers and streamers probably have never had an actual leaving the house and going to work job. Those who have the likes of clare and drgluon seem to treat content creation like a job. One where you stick to deadlines and regular work schedules. A lot of the others don't seem to understand social norms and work ethics.Or that you can't just work when you want.Or they are Kayla who doesn't seem to have a good work life balance and entire personality is simmer.

A lot of simstubers and streamers probably have never had an actual leaving the house and going to work job. Those who have the likes of clare and drgluon seem to treat content creation like a job. One where you stick to deadlines and regular work schedules. A lot of the others don't seem to understand social norms and work ethics.Or that you can't just work when you want.Or they are Kayla who doesn't seem to have a good work life balance and entire personality is simmer.
My son wants to be a YouTuber/streamer, which is fine, but this is exactly why I’ll make certain he gets a traditional aka “real” job first to have some damn perspective and not end up like these people lol.

Reactions: 7
No same, it's super weird to me too. And sure, popping in to say hi to the stream is fine and expected at this point. But hovering silently or sitting on the floor in the background with just the top of her head showing is super awkward and cringe.

The codependency vibes are strong here. Have they really spent any time apart since they started dating? Obviously COVID forced their hand a bit when they were in lockdown together for months, but how much time have they spent not with each other since then? A couple of days, max, when Deli went back to Melbourne after her grandma passed? Deli strikes me as the type of person who doesn't really have a lot of friends outside of her relationship, so she's probably pretty isolated, especially in Sydney. Buuuuuuut that being said, it's up to her to deal with that in ways that don't have to include awkwardly sitting in silence in while her boyfriend works.
This reminds me of one of the videos they did on their joint channel. It was some stupid relationship quiz, but one of the questions was something like should you have a healthy relationship with yourself before getting into a relationship. James immediately answered that you can't really give yourself to another person if you don't. Deli disagreed because sometimes "other people are heroes" to you and help pick you up and get you back on track. I know it's a stupid quiz but to me it really showed Deli looking for someone else to fix her. I remember thinking life is not a rom-com where the hero saves you and get yourself into therapy if you need to be fixed.

Reactions: 13
Same with Devon Bumpkin. He uploads everyday and streams every other day on twitch. The older ones are way more professional because they know the "fame" goes as easy as it came. They need to put up the work or their channel will die and they'll need an actual real world job. I doubt Deli, despite not being exactly young, has ever had a proper job besides youtube. I'd love to see her deal with it and having to follow schedules and not call in sick every week.

Reactions: 6
I had a period where I was living with a bf and both of us worked from home. I was composing/doing the score for a TV show, he was recording an album (we had a full music studio set up). We would both come in and watch/hang/help with each other's work, because it's fun. HOWEVER, we were hyper-aware that we were both just HOME all day and because we didn't have 'working hours', it would be easy to spend weeks on end with just the two of us working independently. I would bring my laptop to the library to work 3 days a week, just to give him peace. He would do afternoon sessions 4 days with a friend/producer who had a similar set up. Both of us would go out and see our friends multiple nights a week. We were basically always home together in the mornings, but made damn sure we weren't just alone, together, 24/7. It's so easy to get codependent like that, it's so easy not to leave the house when you work from home. It's easy to abandon your friends when you're in love. I don't think deli and James have a good balance at all. If I were deli and knew James was recording all day I'd either be working by myself, or I'd go out! A bonus to working for yourself, from home, is you can just do whatever you want with your time, as long as you hit your deadlines. It's a luxury. I used to regularly go to the art gallery or the museum in the middle of the day. Or go see a movie at like 2pm. Grab a meal with my mates on their lunch breaks. Read books at the library, go to the beach. I feel like deli doesn't take advantage of this! She just like, pretends to work all day, but spends most of her time shopping online and posting IG stories. I just don't understand. She could have such good vlog content. There's so much to do in Sydney and melb. I work a 9-5 now and totally miss the freedom lol

• Heart
Reactions: 13
There's so much to do in Sydney and melb.
A while back she asked viewers what we'd like to see in her vlogs and I said show us around the city. Or go grocery shop and take us with you. I have a strange obsession with watching people shop for groceries so I'd love to see that. She ignored all suggestions and just stopped.

Reactions: 11
Sorry to get off topic but can we talk about how Kelsey clearly hates that she had to give her current Sim for the NSB challenge the lazy trait? And that she's trying to make up for it by giving the Sim a twin brother that's impossibly, comically ripped and fit (and popular to boot while her Sim is a misfit)? And that a bunch of the videos for this generation mention the brother in the title and one even has him in the thumbnail instead of the ACTUAL heir of the generation? She's so transparent, it's actually really funny. It’s ironic that this is the first time she’s actually playing to the character and not just squealing about sweet baby angels 😂

Reactions: 5
Sorry to get off topic but can we talk about how Kelsey clearly hates that she had to give her current Sim for the NSB challenge the lazy trait? And that she's trying to make up for it by giving the Sim a twin brother that's impossibly, comically ripped and fit (and popular to boot while her Sim is a misfit)? And that a bunch of the videos for this generation mention the brother in the title and one even has him in the thumbnail instead of the ACTUAL heir of the generation? She's so transparent, it's actually really funny. It’s ironic that this is the first time she’s actually playing to the character and not just squealing about sweet baby angels 😂
I’ve honestly stopped watching 😂 her videos are soooo boring I can’t stand to sit through them anymore

Reactions: 2
I never watched Kelsey but idk why she's so obsessed with having perfect sims. I get some people like to have a dream life in the game but if you play the game for a career that would get boring very quickly. Personally I enjoy having flawed and drama filled sims way more than living a perfect peaceful life. Especially when she literally knew this was going to be a part of the challenge that she chose to do.

Reactions: 2
You'd think when you're a self-proclaimed professional sims player, you'd be relishing the opportunity to play with traits, clothes, decor, worlds and jobs that aren't your default, otherwise things would surely get stale? Guess not.

Reactions: 5
Self proclaimed professional sims player who didn't know her furniture kept getting stolen because of an eco life style nap.

• Haha
Does anyone have a creative brain cell left? Lilsimsie is doing the 100 Baby challenge again when the infant update comes out. Why? She didn't follow the rules the first time and basically crapped all over the spirit of the challenge with her prison house that meant she never had to interact with her toddlers at all. If you are looking for ways to shortcut and make things easier on yourself, you obviously didn't like the experience. But MONEY!

Reactions: 8
It took lilsimsie 5 years to complete the 100 baby challenge without infants and never following the rules properly. Plus for some of that 5 years we didn't even have toddlers. I'm kind of looking forward to watching gluon adapt infants into his 100 baby game. I've learned to accept the chaos and the fact he doesn't seem to know how to teach his toddlers anything. But at least he does follow the rules.
---
Does anyone have a creative brain cell left? Lilsimsie is doing the 100 Baby challenge again when the infant update comes out. Why? She didn't follow the rules the first time and basically crapped all over the spirit of the challenge with her prison house that meant she never had to interact with her toddlers at all. If you are looking for ways to shortcut and make things easier on yourself, you obviously didn't like the experience. But MONEY!
I also noticed in the video she literally said this house has nothing going for it. It's not cheap it's not cute and it's not base game. Firstly why are you building a 65k baby challenge house for the start of the challenge. Build a basic house with enough room for a couple of toddlers. Get an easel and a garden for that quick money jobs sorted. Secondly it's super irritating to hear someone who got most of the packs for free have such a weird obsession with base game. Maybe she would appreciate the other packs if she had to buy them. Thirdly if you are so obsessed with basegame try and be a little more creative.

Last edited:
lol we complain about Kelsey not following the rules of not so berry but Kayla straight up just did not follow at all the rules of 100 baby.

Reactions: 3
lol we complain about Kelsey not following the rules of not so berry but Kayla straight up just did not follow at all the rules of 100 baby.
And she’d often openly admit “this is against the rules but whatever” like what’s the point? The whole point of a challenge is to stick to the challenge, that’s why it’s challenging lmao

It's so aggravating when these Simmers do challenges and ruin it from the get-go by setting themselves up nicely before it starts. No, you're not doing a rags to riches if you still let them live in a house or buy a bunch of money-making items before the challenge has started. For all of his flaws, I appreciate how he never makes it easy on himself and often goes out of his way to make things more challenging. Clare did that too sometimes.

Self proclaimed professional sims player who didn't know her furniture kept getting stolen because of an eco life style nap.
And a self-proclaimed professional who didn't know you needed a landline phone to travel off the lot in Sims 2. It's been a while since I've played Sims 2, there's stuff I've forgotten how to do for sure, but that was the standard of Sims games up until Sims 4.

Reactions: 7
I’m also so tired of these build challenges like every room is a different pack, color, budget, etc…

It’s honestly the laziest type of content one could do. You basically just blindly put a wall and floor color then randomly drop a few items into the room with no consideration. It’s just so lazy.

It's so aggravating when these Simmers do challenges and ruin it from the get-go by setting themselves up nicely before it starts. No, you're not doing a rags to riches if you still let them live in a house or buy a bunch of money-making items before the challenge has started. For all of his flaws, I appreciate how he never makes it easy on himself and often goes out of his way to make things more challenging. Clare did that too sometimes.

And a self-proclaimed professional who didn't know you needed a landline phone to travel off the lot in Sims 2. It's been a while since I've played Sims 2, there's stuff I've forgotten how to do for sure, but that was the standard of Sims games up until Sims 4.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.