Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For all of his flaws, I appreciate how he never makes it easy on himself and often goes out of his way to make things more challenging.
🤦🏻‍♀️ and by he I mean James. This is what happens when I Tattle before my morning coffee.

But yes! Agreed that “different colour/pack” challenges are easy, lazy content. As are the redecorating videos that are just “I’m changing this to a style I like” or “giving this base game house a makeover.” If you’re not doing anything unique or interesting to it, it’s an easy video that doesn’t take a lot of effort and has been done about 100 times now.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
so delis new video.. she renovates the pancakes AGAIN and i kid you not it feels like she’s reading off the same script as her last pancakes reno

takeaway from the very creative, original video that has never been done before..

- she mentions more than once that this reno is taking so long, like its dark outside, that’s how long she’s been working for. (by working i mean playing sims)
- there are only 2 interior design styles, traditional and contemporary, which are mentioned numerous times throughout the video
- she spends a good bit of time at the start of the video going through the sims interests and for what?? bob likes cooking so u know, she removes the quality cooker and fridge which would help improve his skill.. only to be left with $23k anyway…?
- the reno from last year vs this year look identical
E073EBD0-80D5-48D5-888E-DE4386389934.png
4F3CF87F-FF96-49C3-AE43-2B7DA7122961.png
4C8935DD-2DB0-4C5F-A5DA-705E4237EF26.png
29C2F2FF-53FF-4F17-8C76-449133BD5082.png

- she points out at the end of both videos how her renovation has already started to improve the pancakes relationship 😂
D1643128-88F8-48B8-9E68-5ACC9B3C9494.png
8C05BDF2-B8B6-4DD2-AA28-17D0F66F2E47.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
There should be a drinking game based on how frequently deli talks about how long the build took her or how many pictures of bowser’s butt she posts on instagram. I swear if i have to to see that dog’s butthole one more time…

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m also so tired of these build challenges like every room is a different pack, color, budget, etc…

It’s honestly the laziest type of content one could do. You basically just blindly put a wall and floor color then randomly drop a few items into the room with no consideration. It’s just so lazy.
As someone who's had SydMac on in the background for like a week.... I feel this 🤣

I watched an old shell challenge she did and she was like "I've been doing so many of these so we'll prob stop doing so many" but that didn't stop her form doing 7,000 "each tiny home is a different XYZ" 🙄

Like, at least the shell challenges are CHALLENGING.

Reactions: 6
Deli got a new chair for her background in Sydney. Is this so James can sit awkwardly behind her while she streams?
Screenshot_20230227_082635_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I find it irritating when simstubers say renovation when they mean demolish and rebuild for a completely different budget. Or when some very talented builder puts a house on the gallery for someone to fix up and the simstuber just casually deletes everything with no attempt to make it challenging or realistic by reusing kitchen cabinets or other furniture

I know right. My biggest pet peeve is when they delete the windows cause IRL you wouldn’t be able to easily switch out a window placement.

like the interior walls, sure but not thewindows.

I find it irritating when simstubers say renovation when they mean demolish and rebuild for a completely different budget. Or when some very talented builder puts a house on the gallery for someone to fix up and the simstuber just casually deletes everything with no attempt to make it challenging or realistic by reusing kitchen cabinets or other furniture

Reactions: 4
I know right. My biggest pet peeve is when they delete the windows cause IRL you wouldn’t be able to easily switch out a window placement.

like the interior walls, sure but not thewindows.
I find stair movement annoying. I know people who have made their stairs into modular stairs with great expense but to actually relocate the stairs would be highly unlikely. I always kind of wish it wasn't possible to have power or water to a sims build until you physically have a room. Rags to riches would be more challenging.

Deli’s on Instagram fishing for folks to thank her for doing her job? Congratulations on putting actual videos up, Deli. I’ve worked like 40 hours at my job this week. Glad you got around to doing yours. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Deli’s on Instagram fishing for folks to thank her for doing her job? Congratulations on putting actual videos up, Deli. I’ve worked like 40 hours at my job this week. Glad you got around to doing yours. 🤷‍♀️
Especially love the part where she called her vlog channel Deli DAILY diary 😂

• Haha
Okay my bad, I didn't hear it right, she just said "deli diary" but the automatic subtitles wrote "daily diary" 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The spiffing Brit is having a very successful sims video on speed running 1 million simoleons - which simstuber is gonna try doing a similar challenge first?

Reactions: 1
The spiffing Brit is having a very successful sims video on speed running 1 million simoleons - which simstuber is gonna try doing a similar challenge first?
That's a challenge that's been knocking about for a while now: I think the official Sims team put it on the game as one of the Scenarios last year, as I remember watching James going about it in increasingly deranged and creative ways (he started off selling paintings in a standard manner, and by the last video, was committing insurance fraud via blowing up magically-cloned violins, it was quite funny)

It is a very fun challenge: you can go about it in so many ways. I'll need to watch how the Spiffing Brit does it!

Reactions: 9
😂😂 OK, I mean, I had my yearly review this week and my manager thanked me and I was like "I mean, I did my job...??" (I appreciate that I have an awesome boss and team, but I'm still in this mentality of 'you are supposed to work hard bc thars what work is' - bc thats how I grew up 🤷‍♀️😂)

So Deli thinking doing two hours of work deserves praise and a cookie is batshit to me

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Tried to watch a james turner video, and between the constant “nonono nono no!” Thing he does and the spit thing he does when he scoffs, i just can’t anymore with him. I do like how he plays the game, but all of his verbal tics and habits, and the general air of superiority he projects make him pretty much unwatchable for me.
---
😂😂 OK, I mean, I had my yearly review this week and my manager thanked me and I was like "I mean, I did my job...??" (I appreciate that I have an awesome boss and team, but I'm still in this mentality of 'you are supposed to work hard bc thars what work is' - bc thats how I grew up 🤷‍♀️😂)

So Deli thinking doing two hours of work deserves praise and a cookie is batshit to me
i am a full advocate of slacking and also of getting a lot of rest when you need it so you can do your job and still have energy for your life, but i can’t stand privileged people who play a video game for a living acting like their job is soooooo demanding, and the work is soooooooo hard. She is in the entertainment business. She needs to get over herself or find another career.

(I’m in a cruddy mood today, apparently. Hahahahaha. Not taking any tit from anyone!)

Last edited:

this is hilarious because I literally just checked my work emails and was recognized on the company board by my regional manager lmao. I’m cringing. I just want to do my job and receive better pay instead of praise 😆

• Haha
- there are only 2 interior design styles, traditional and contemporary, which are mentioned numerous times throughout the video
Man, I hate this soooo much. And she genuinely thinks she's so great at ts4 building/decorating, even considering a real life job as an interior designer... The girl can't even think that maybe there are more than 2 decor styles... Oh, wait! She learned the word brutalist recently and says it whenever she sees a concrete wall.

• Haha
Tried to watch a james turner video, and between the constant “nonono nono no!” Thing he does and the spit thing he does when he scoffs, i just can’t anymore with him. I do like how he plays the game, but all of his verbal tics and habits, and the general air of superiority he projects make him pretty much unwatchable for me.
---

i am a full advocate of slacking and also of getting a lot of rest when you need it so you can do your job and still have energy for your life, but i can’t stand privileged people who play a video game for a living acting like their job is soooooo demanding, and the work is soooooooo hard. She is in the entertainment business. She needs to get over herself or find another career.

(I’m in a cruddy mood today, apparently. Hahahahaha. Not taking any tit from anyone!)
Nah, I get it. I mean, can I work HARDER at my job? Yes. Will I? No, bc I do what I need to do, I'll help out where I am needed, and I don't want to strnagek anyone (anymore - that was legit a problem a few years ago 😂). So I get the need to balance down time and working....

But regardless, Deli... Ugh... I don't see small YTs bitching half as much as she does, let alone at all, and they have FT jobs and/or kids/families.... I don't know how she thinks her job is so hard when it's the only thing she does.

I mean, I've seen smaller simmers say they're tired or etc, but, again, FT jobs and families.... And they still have more work ethic than Deli does. 🙄 And she gets praised for the smallest things, which is WHY she does less and less. I mean... Can't blame her. I def get away with doing less myself, but even on my worst days, I still do 10xs what she does 😂

Reactions: 10
I recently lost my job at a small startup due to downsizing and found out he fired me and the other analyst. The next day, he reposted the job listings since we were asking for higher pay.

It’s honestly so insulting to see Deli and Vixella put zero effort and post one video a week after working from 8 am to 7 pm Monday to Friday for tit pay.

Nah, I get it. I mean, can I work HARDER at my job? Yes. Will I? No, bc I do what I need to do, I'll help out where I am needed, and I don't want to strnagek anyone (anymore - that was legit a problem a few years ago 😂). So I get the need to balance down time and working....

But regardless, Deli... Ugh... I don't see small YTs bitching half as much as she does, let alone at all, and they have FT jobs and/or kids/families.... I don't know how she thinks her job is so hard when it's the only thing she does.

I mean, I've seen smaller simmers say they're tired or etc, but, again, FT jobs and families.... And they still have more work ethic than Deli does. 🙄 And she gets praised for the smallest things, which is WHY she does less and less. I mean... Can't blame her. I def get away with doing less myself, but even on my worst days, I still do 10xs what she does 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I recently lost my job at a small startup due to downsizing and found out he fired me and the other analyst. The next day, he reposted the job listings since we were asking for higher pay.

It’s honestly so insulting to see Deli and Vixella put zero effort and post one video a week after working from 8 am to 7 pm Monday to Friday for tit pay.
Sorry about you losing your job, that is rough. 😭 I hope you find an even better one 🥰

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.