Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VibingintheGarden

That’s a terrible excuse. The pack has run just fine for me and a lot of twitch streamers have had no issues with it either.
And everyone is you and who you watch, right? Maybe check out reddit and other places people post about their issues before you make blanket statements like that. Even console players are having issues, like being unable to open their games at all.

I know for certain some haven’t touched it because they find it boring. It seems most of the GC now just do reviews of build and buy and cas and then leave it.
That's really smart. Don't have to deal with the bugs and glitches if you just build and create sims. :ROFLMAO:

mmay1414

XUrbanSims did a collab with the sims team. My understanding from her video is she didn’t design the clothes but gave feed back.
this was my understanding too. Based on her video, she didn't have much to do with the design, just gave some edits. it sounds more fun for builders that work with ea than cas players

VibingintheGarden

The thing is sims don't work like that the best way to tell a sims story is to let things happen and come up with a storyline on the fly something that james seems to be good at.
I'm genuinely curious why people like the "play the game and see if something happens" style of gameplay. Yes, you may get amazing videos every now and then, but not ever episode is going to be great. Why do people like this basic, low effort style? I can only watch so many episodes of the most boring, nothing happens sitcom before I check out. I just don't get the fascination. I'd much rather watch something different, where the creator isn't following the "how to make sims content" blueprint and actually puts effort and story into their gameplay. I'm not talking about what Deli does, closer to Oshin but with better stories. I've found pieces that I like but never the whole package.

In my opinion, "play and see" is boring and leads to many episodes of uninteresting garbage. Machinima is too tightly controlled and you are lead through someone else's carefully controlled story. It just feels stiff and unnatural to me. There is no room for fun or spontaneity. I have yet to find anyone who has interesting stories to create and has fun/quirky gameplay. I'm so tired of watching 100 Baby, NSB, Rags to Riches, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR F's SAKE!

Last edited:
Does anyone watch MiraRae?

She has a royal family sims series and I highly recommend it! She does do someone borderline annoying things but definitely a good "small" youtuber to watch if you're sick of bigger youtubers BS

shooksimmer

It could be true but so many of Plumbellas stories seem so fabricated and tumblr-post-didn’t-happen vibes just to seem funny. View attachment 1426203
I would not be shocked if plumbella had a burner account and took part in these kind of forums. I'm NOT saying she does and have no evidence that she ever did but just the way she is it would not shock me one bit.

Scandiflowers

I managed to read the whole thing I didn't really understand the point he was trying to make it was so badly written and he lost any respect I may have had when he claimed EA had given him split personality I cannot even begin to say how wrong and inappropriate that statement is. Also calling yourself a sims community manager to imply that you work for EA directly when you are simply the manager of a website called the Sims community is a bit shady. I am in no way saying that EA is a great company far from it.
I genuinely didn’t realise he was talking about himself when I read the post lol, I thought he was talking about simgurus haha

NSB is starting to get boring because it’s coming to a close. If there was actually something to do in the episodes it would still be fun but she’s basically just waiting for the last sim to die and that’s it.
Is she not continuing it? I wonder what her next big series will be

BeeSmart

Heard the same, from creators who left the program because of bullying/racism etc. from the other larger game changers. I was shocked to hear that the bigger game changers were in charge of the private discord server and there was zero oversight on how it was handled by anyone at EA. That's a disaster waiting to happen.
I know that was heavily implied when several of the game changers from Tumblr left the program.

anniemouse

VIP Member
The mismatch of work ethic between James and Deli is so insane to me. Maybe he truly doesn't mind it, but I know I couldn't be with someone in the long run who always wants to take the easy way out or doesn't even try in the first place. That kind of behaviour or attitude usually shows up in other aspects of life too, not just work.
I feel the same, it would get on my nerves after a while.

Snackerdoodledoo

It's not just you. Making slight edits to an EA Mesh or another creator's mesh, does not constitute a 5 and 6 figure salary. I feel bad for the creators who create mods and use early access as a way to test them before release. I do hope modders don't quit because the game is literally held together with mods. I bet we'll see more adfly and redirects to other ad platforms on downloads because they have to get their coin somehow. I hope the money the creators made not following the rules, keeps them warm at night, because they literally screwed the entire community and people have long memories. And we know they hold grudges.

On another note, I wonder how The Sims Resource is going to recover from this. I imagine a huge chunk of their money comes from people buying VIP for early access content and their name is already mud in most circles. Best of luck to them!
TSR isn't going to change much. The VIP was primarily to avoid the ads, the download delays, and be able to bulk download items. They added the early access content AFTER the fact. They'll just have to take that part put, but they can still charge to remove the ads and the download delays bc that is not stopping the content from being free 🤷‍♀️

Raychieee

Chatty Member
Yeah I vaguely recall a whole thing about how she wasn't going to do reviews because it stressed her so much but I haven't actually noticed her not doing reviews or critical videos. Some of the things that both her and her editor decide are okay to put out into the world surprises me. I'm not saying people need to be fake or put on an act but there is being professional and not over sharing when you have young viewers