Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just gonna say it, if you have the money, youtube premium is the way to go!

Reactions: 8
If you are a game changer you donā€™t have to take a review code for every dlc. If you do take a code and donā€™t review the dlc, there is no comeback whatsoever. The community manager probably doesnā€™t know who half the people are in the programme other than the ā€œbig onesā€ like Deli, James, lil Simsie etc.

(I have friends in the GC programme who havenā€™t done a review for any content for numerous packs, they are still in the programme)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If you are a game changer you donā€™t have to take a review code for every dlc. If you do take a code and donā€™t review the dlc, there is no comeback whatsoever. The community manager probably doesnā€™t know who half the people are in the programme other than the ā€œbig onesā€ like Deli, James, lil Simsie etc.

(I have friends in the GC programme who havenā€™t done a review for any content for numerous packs, they are still in the programme)
I was going to say - most of the big gamechangers have completely ignored the kits since the Blooming Rooms one but still get codes.

Has your friend said what the terms and conditions of the programme are (and, if not, could you ask and post a summary here?)? haha

Reactions: 3
They sign a contract that says they wonā€™t break any NDA. But thereā€™s nothing in it about having to upload by the embargo date. If there was many game changers wouldnā€™t be in the programme. They can ask for a code but if they donā€™t want one then that seems to be fine. A friend turned down what I think was Cottage living code and nothing happened. A friend was very puzzled when the Sims Community manager Jovan kicked off as he implied he had to work to deadlines set by EA and how badly EA treated him as that is not their experience.

The top tier game changers like the ones mentioned on this thread get earliest access and invited to the events like sims camp etc. The rest get access 48 hours before. I think I remember RoryPlays was very upset when she went from being a top tier game changer to a regular one when there was a new community manager, she said there was no way she could make content for early access in such a short space of time. I think she has a disability. Iā€˜m not even sure she makes sims content any more or is still part of the programme.

I donā€˜t understand why EA has creators in its programme that claim the free codes and then never ever do anything with the content or if they do itā€™s after the release. But I donā€™t think the programme is managed very well. Itā€™s a cess pit and is very cliquey and thereā€™s a lot of huge egos in the programme.

But I donā€™t think the programme is managed very well. Itā€™s a cess pit and is very cliquey and thereā€™s a lot of huge egos in the programme.
Heard the same, from creators who left the program because of bullying/racism etc. from the other larger game changers. I was shocked to hear that the bigger game changers were in charge of the private discord server and there was zero oversight on how it was handled by anyone at EA. That's a disaster waiting to happen.

Reactions: 1
From what I have heard, you have to put out some kind of pre-release content if you take a key. I don't think there is any stipulation on what it has to be. I think creators go after reviews and showcases of new content because they are easy to make. Slap review on any old video showing off the pack and you get double or triple the views. I would say LGR and Carl are the only people who actually do reviews. Shame they have to put up with these game changer wannabes polluting their pond.
Pre-release content? If so how on earth is Steph0Sims a game changer?! I love her videos but I canā€™t remember any that have been released before the pack was out

Pre-release content? If so how on earth is Steph0Sims a game changer?! I love her videos but I canā€™t remember any that have been released before the pack was out
I imagine things have changed, considering SimGuruFrost is so inept at his job. There were 100+ Game Changers when SimGuruKate was in charge and I'm sure that number is higher now. According to a past game changer who left the program, they had to submit their content to Frost for approval but I imagine that has changed as well. The program is going to hell in a handbasket and we can only watch as it eventually implodes. 100's of people on a server, little to no oversight by EA and people who have egos the size of cruise ships in charge, that sounds like a great idea!

Reactions: 2
Heard the same, from creators who left the program because of bullying/racism etc. from the other larger game changers. I was shocked to hear that the bigger game changers were in charge of the private discord server and there was zero oversight on how it was handled by anyone at EA. That's a disaster waiting to happen.
Yes, the discord is a disaster area. Lots of bullying. Quite why they allowed the bigger game changers to moderate I donā€™t know. Although I have been told that the likes of Plumbella and Lil Simsie donā€™t participate in the game changer discord but when they do, people lose their tit. My friends avoid it like the plague. They check if thereā€™s any big drama going on but they donā€™t feel comfortable in there. Itā€™s not a nice place to be. The community manager needs to sort the whole thing out.

• Wow
Thanks for that @MidnightAura - very informative.

I would imagine that the launch of The Sims 5 will be a good opportunity for them to clear house. There is no way that EA are granting exclusive pre-release access to 100+ random people for what they would expect to be a massive moneymaker for the next decade. From what I can remember, James Turner and a few others flew to Germany or somewhere to play The Sims 4 in advance of release. Obviously the gaming landscape has changed in the last 10 years but Iā€™d imagine something similar - a select number of people given access and the gamechangers programme effectively starting from scratch.

Speaking of The Sims 5, how do we think that all the big simmers will manage the transition to a brand new game?

I think James Turner will just carry on as normal and embrace the new challenge. I can see lilsimsie and Plumbella finding it massively difficult as they seem like two people who are incredibly averse to change. lilsimsie has made the same house in The Sims 4 three times a week for the last few years and barely every incorporates new aspects of the game (terrain tools, platformsā€¦) into her builds, so she is going to struggle massively with a new game. I donā€™t think her audience will like it much either. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it marks the beginning of the end of her channel. Iā€™d hope that a new game will level the playing field so smaller channels (Syd Mac) can grow. It will either revitalise the ā€œIā€™m bored but doing this as itā€™s my jobā€ channels (Deligracy, Vixella) of force them into a career change haha.

I know that was heavily implied when several of the game changers from Tumblr left the program.

Speaking of The Sims 5, how do we think that all the big simmers will manage the transition to a brand new game?

I think James Turner will just carry on as normal and embrace the new challenge. I can see lilsimsie and Plumbella finding it massively difficult as they seem like two people who are incredibly averse to change. lilsimsie has made the same house in The Sims 4 three times a week for the last few years and barely every incorporates new aspects of the game (terrain tools, platformsā€¦) into her builds, so she is going to struggle massively with a new game. I donā€™t think her audience will like it much either. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it marks the beginning of the end of her channel. Iā€™d hope that a new game will level the playing field so smaller channels (Syd Mac) can grow. It will either revitalise the ā€œIā€™m bored but doing this as itā€™s my jobā€ channels (Deligracy, Vixella) of force them into a career change haha.
I imagine any channel that gets into the earliest access group will get a huge boost in viewership. Deli might even see her channel turn around [for a while] if she can get off her arse and make content. If build mode is taken back to basics, Lilsimsie and Plumbella will be fine. If it is complex, they and others will struggle. Most game changers can't grasp basic concepts in the Sims 4 currently, so learning new stuff will be a challenge for them, especially with a time crunch. I agree that their communities won't like them floundering in the new game.

I expect the other game changers will get a good bump in viewership when they finally get access and the new game might even make the careers of a few of them, depending on how creative/interesting their content is. I would not be surprised if there was a huge shake up as well. Considering so many big game changers are currently coasting on fumes, there would be a huge chance for others to overtake them. It is very difficult to come back to a normal/high stress work schedule when you've been lazy for years. Oh, and we'll see adaptions of all the biggest challenges within the first couple months as people run out of things to do in the game. So excited to see 100 Baby, Rags to Riches and Runaway Teen Challenge ad nauseum.

Important Edit: This is all contingent on the game being halfway decent at launch. If it launches like The Sims 4 did, it's going to be a wild ride. Personally hoping for a buggy, broken mess just to see the game changers squirm and try to pass it off as being a good game worth buying. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
I imagine things have changed, considering SimGuruFrost is so inept at his job. There were 100+ Game Changers when SimGuruKate was in charge and I'm sure that number is higher now. According to a past game changer who left the program, they had to submit their content to Frost for approval but I imagine that has changed as well. The program is going to hell in a handbasket and we can only watch as it eventually implodes. 100's of people on a server, little to no oversight by EA and people who have egos the size of cruise ships in charge, that sounds like a great idea!
The EA game changers program has hundreds of game changers, but that doesnā€™t mean they are all simmers. They are gamers playing EA games in general. They apply to whoever runs the program to get in, and itā€™s not necessarily a simguru. Itā€™s pretty lax in that they have perks like early access to games, but itā€™s nothing super serious. If the gamer chooses to make content on the early access itā€™s a win-win as EA gets free promo and the gamer gets new content that will get them a lot of views. Itā€™s really not a super serious program as long as you stick to the rules of not leaking the new content before the embargo. As for it being ā€œhell in a hand basketā€ it really isnā€™t a big deal if the gamer chooses to not do anything with what new content they are given. They donā€™t lose anything, and the gamer doesnā€™t gain anything. The only people it affects are the viewers to the game changers.

I tried to watch Stephā€™s video, I got 4 minutes in and had to stop. First of all, why is she posting about werewolves when 90% of people are over that already? Second of all, I just donā€™t like her style of editing.

I didnā€™t bother watching Deliā€™s attempt at a build challenge, Iā€™ll stick to Syd.

I also havenā€™t bothered watching Vixellaā€™s new video because her content is also boring and stale. Though at least this video wasnā€™t posted just because it was sponsored.

The EA game changers program has hundreds of game changers, but that doesnā€™t mean they are all simmers. They are gamers playing EA games in general. They apply to whoever runs the program to get in, and itā€™s not necessarily a simguru. Itā€™s pretty lax in that they have perks like early access to games, but itā€™s nothing super serious. If the gamer chooses to make content on the early access itā€™s a win-win as EA gets free promo and the gamer gets new content that will get them a lot of views. Itā€™s really not a super serious program as long as you stick to the rules of not leaking the new content before the embargo. As for it being ā€œhell in a hand basketā€ it really isnā€™t a big deal if the gamer chooses to not do anything with what new content they are given. They donā€™t lose anything, and the gamer doesnā€™t gain anything. The only people it affects are the viewers to the game changers.
The "hell in a handbasket" comment was about the ineptitude of the Community Manager Frost and the private discord where the bigger game changers are allowed to moderate the smaller ones, the racism/bullying within it and the zero oversite from EA. It's also about the slipping of standards, like the old requirement of making prerelease content if you take a key and the low bar of just existing to be in the Game Changers.

B5626655-6E3F-49FC-97C4-7161CDAE7009.jpeg

Poor Deli. She reminds me of a child. When a child really wants something so they draw attention to it and would like to guilt-trip their parents into buying it or at least make it clear how sad they are for not getting it, only less direct. Why canā€™t she have everything she wants? Itā€™s so unfair!

6B784CFE-E310-4089-962F-5F222957A3B3.jpeg

Is it even desirable if it isnā€™t at least ā‚¬400?

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I swear Deli posts the most bizarre stories, they're always such low quality, weird filters added, blurry selfies, just the most random tit someone's mum would post. It's stories you'd add to close friends (but not even close friends because litro no one cares about you struggling with mirror selfies), it feels like she wants to talk to someone but doesn't have anyone around. Do you guys get the vibe I mean??? Instead of doing her exercise plan for the 17th time she should do a course on how to manage your own social media because it gives me second hand embarrassment

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think with Sims 5 there will be a lot of GC climb out of the woodwork. Some of them are waiting for it in the hope they get early access probably to give their channel a boost. Many game changers enjoy the free dlc even if they donā€™t use it.

I expect many of them who are coasting along ignoring all the negative things about the sims 4 and pretending itā€™s the best game ever will upon the launch of 5 throw the sims 4 under the bus. Some of them did that when the sims 4 came out, even the devs did it!

I feel like every day Iā€™m on insta I see Deli complaining that something frivolous that she really wants is too expensive sadface. Itā€™s so rude and tacky, she makes far more than most of her viewers by doing very little work. sheā€™s on this holistic health journey but is very focused on material objects she want want wants. Maybe she should put her limited energy into practising gratitude instead of her fourth expensive programme of home workouts.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
View attachment 1508003

Poor Deli. She reminds me of a child. When a child really wants something so they draw attention to it and would like to guilt-trip their parents into buying it or at least make it clear how sad they are for not getting it, only less direct. Why canā€™t she have everything she wants? Itā€™s so unfair!

View attachment 1508031

Is it even desirable if it isnā€™t at least ā‚¬400?
What a rip off top! 775 aussie dollars šŸ˜±

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.