Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The chat on twitch streams is truelly a scary place. It's either entitled brats making rude comments or demanding that any builds are done exactly as they want or attention seekers determined to have the streamer mention them via any means necessary. It's all either my cat has the flu you have a cat notice me or its my birthday notice me etc or you suck lol or you look like your husband notice me being a dick lol. It's no wonder some creators focus on the negative. I also hate the over protective fans who jump in all guns blazing if someone dares to offer constructive criticism.
Totally. I watch a few streamers, a good amount of simmers and one that isn’t a simmer but does occasionally play the sims. Her streams it’s not super often she gets rude comments. But when I watch simmers play the sims, it’s constant. Lilsimsie can drive me nuts, but it literally makes me so angry when she gets rude comments. She will start her stream and just be talking about something, and only be live for a couple minutes, and a sims kid will say “when are you going to play the sims?” Like Jesus Christ, she JUST got live and is talking about something. She will play the sims, be patient. I wish parents had more control of their kids on the internet. It’s one thing for kids to watch sims streams, but they should not be in chat. I genuinely feel like chat would be a much more peaceful place if sims kids only watched instead of commenting.

They also do what you mentioned just to get attention like saying “it’s my birthday” or “my dog is sick” or whatever. Sometimes I feel like half the people who say it’s their birthday only do it to get her to acknowledge them. Her chat is obviously very active and moves FAST. She obviously can’t read or acknowledge ever comment and kids will spam dumb messages and say stuff like “why are you ignoring me?” 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Who knows what the gameplay for the Highschool pack will be like, but I just watched the build/buy overview for it that James Turner did and there's an absolute ton of really beautiful stuff in it, and an incredible amount of different swatches and patterns and styles. Not buying it until I see a ton of gameplay and read the comments on Reddit, and am already disappointed to hear the carnival/pier is just a bunch of rabbitholes, but...the art team went all out on the super on-trend bedroom designs for this, well done them.

Plus curved walls, windows you can climb out of and ivy trellises you can climb down, so I expect a video titled "I BUILT RAPUNZELS' TOWER FROM TANGLED" within the next fortnight, thank you!
I must admit I am really tempted.

Does anyone watch MiraRae?

She has a royal family sims series and I highly recommend it! She does do someone borderline annoying things but definitely a good "small" youtuber to watch if you're sick of bigger youtubers BS

I didn’t watch the Guru live stream but watching plumbella actually put me off the pack. I think it’s a Wait for sale.

Totally. I watch a few streamers, a good amount of simmers and one that isn’t a simmer but does occasionally play the sims. Her streams it’s not super often she gets rude comments. But when I watch simmers play the sims, it’s constant. Lilsimsie can drive me nuts, but it literally makes me so angry when she gets rude comments. She will start her stream and just be talking about something, and only be live for a couple minutes, and a sims kid will say “when are you going to play the sims?” Like Jesus Christ, she JUST got live and is talking about something. She will play the sims, be patient. I wish parents had more control of their kids on the internet. It’s one thing for kids to watch sims streams, but they should not be in chat. I genuinely feel like chat would be a much more peaceful place if sims kids only watched instead of commenting.

They also do what you mentioned just to get attention like saying “it’s my birthday” or “my dog is sick” or whatever. Sometimes I feel like half the people who say it’s their birthday only do it to get her to acknowledge them. Her chat is obviously very active and moves FAST. She obviously can’t read or acknowledge ever comment and kids will spam dumb messages and say stuff like “why are you ignoring me?” 🙄🙄🙄🙄
I remember watching a Kelsey vod from when she was building (it’s a vampire one and it says something in the title about rage quitting if you wanna find it)
And I couldn’t even see the chat because it was reuploaded to YT, but you can see how annoyed she’s getting by people constantly telling her to change things and do different things. It’s pretty hard to watch!

Edit: here’s a link

Reactions: 2
Kelsey is not the best builder so I try not to watch any building videos as I know I will get irritated. But I wouldn't dream of being so demanding and horrible in her chat. I think the trick is to make people think they are having input by doing polls. Like to see what dresser you should use by giving 3 options of items you like. That way you get something you like they feel like they've contributed everyone's happy.
I did watch a lilsimsie stream a few days ago and despite kayla asking them to stop numerous times the chat was continuously asking for a debug baby. I'm powermad id have booted all of them.

I find plumbella annoying so I have not watched her review. What did she say.
Plumbella liked CAS, the new aspirations but wishes it had more depth. She said most of her sims had the same fear at the same time. She also likes build and buy.

The football pitch and bleachers aren’t useable besides a tiny mat for cheerleading. Plumbella said the campus feels empty as so much of it’s unusable. She said she couldn’t get sims to sneak out, they would leave via the front door and they weren’t in trouble or anything.

During active classes you can’t do anything, no note passing or anything. After school activities are rabbit holes. She did like prom though but I think prom being a weekly event could run out of steam quickly. There’s a career day but she said it was boring. Plumbella thought the activities of football and cheer were lacking.

She gave value for money, 5 out of 10, game play five out of 10 and cas 6/10, build buy a 7 out of 10.
She said she found it boring at parts, at times the pack didn’t really deliver and its missing depth.

There is live streaming but that’s already in the game in a couple different ways. Your sim can Get into thrift shopping but it sounds exactly like being a simfluencer which is what we have already in game.

Personally I think there doesn’t look to be a lot new?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I watched plumbellas review this morning and now I'm starting to wonder if I'll regret paying the pre-order price 😂 I was disappointed in some areas but other things looked good!

I watched plumbellas review this morning and now I'm starting to wonder if I'll regret paying the pre-order price 😂 I was disappointed in some areas but other things looked good!
I wonder if it depends on who you watch as she’s so negative all the time it bugs me. I just watched JT’s build buy one and I’m all Ooh lots of cool stuff, maybe I will go and preorder it.

Do we know who built the lots for high school?
James has got a list on his World overview video with who built what, there were 3 creators tagged. No name against the actual high school so it must be the Sims team.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if it depends on who you watch as she’s so negative all the time it bugs me. I just watched JT’s build buy one and I’m all Ooh lots of cool stuff, maybe I will go and preorder it.
Yeah, I thought it looked amazing but she didn't seem very enthusiastic about it. I've only seen Plumbella's review so far.

Yeah, I thought it looked amazing but she didn't seem very enthusiastic about it. I've only seen Plumbella's review so far.
I think if she was in a regular job she would be the co-worker who moans about their job and how much they hate it but never actually leaves.

Reactions: 3
Do we know who built the lots for high school?

XFreezerBunnyX, JOL1990 and MsGryphi built 2/3 lots each, with the main high school, auditorium and the remaining just done by the EA team in house.

Just watched an overview of the world, the outsourced lots are nicely done, as I would expect from the Youtube/creators, who always do their very best with the rules they are given.

The Highschool itself is beautifully constructed on the outside in the Art Deco style, but is far too big and empty and desperately needs a whole lot of extras added inside, as is usual for an EA-build.

Though credit where credit is due: the auditorium lot attached to the school has four different "lot types" it can be switched to (empty auditorium, school prom, career day and graduation day) with each one being decorated as appropriate, so it's like you get 4 lots in one!

I don’t know, I would take Plumbella over Lil Simsie and her “I find the high school boring but I’m totally going to get tons of replay value out the pack- oh look new beds YAY” Plumbella is more honest I think than Lil Simsie who will say everything is awesome whilst trying to cry tears of joy.

• Haha
I don't let anyone opinion influence whether I buy a pack or not. Lilsimsie isn't going to use any of build buy after the first few house and school builds give it two weeks and it's base game builds all the way. Plumbella has literally no attention span plays on speed three and is so obsessed with sims 3 generations she is never going to be happy with an alternative. Neither of them play the way I do I guess kayla is closer with legacy game play but neither of them would change my opinion one way or another. I always go in with low expectations I know that sims 4 has next to no replayability unless you try and utilise all the packs to create something. The cas looks good and it has enough game play to fit in with my style of playing.

Reactions: 10
Plumbella has literally no attention span plays on speed three and is so obsessed with sims 3 generations she is never going to be happy with an alternative.
This is why I don't really take her opinion too seriously. She kind of built this reputation for openly not liking the Sims 4 very much and constantly comparing it to other versions of the game, so she kind of has to stick with that schtick. And maybe that's how she genuinely feels, but for as much Kayla cries with happiness over L-shaped stairs, Plumbella's going to talk about other games and say "Sims 4 could never." They're opposite sides of the same coin to me.

Even though I find Plumbella a bit too much on a regular basis, I tend to like her reviews. She always points out the stuff that I think is actually worth critiquing.

For example, social media in TS4 now being all over the place. The new pack comes with the Social Bunny app and the streamer and influencer careers. Social Media career from City Living, is all about Simstagram and streaming games and building up video gaming skill is a big part of the career. Then we also have the E-sports Gamer branch in the Tech Guru career that is also focused on video gaming. Your popularity on Simstagram is in no way related to your popularity on Social Bunny and vice versa. I also don't think the fame level from Get Famous is integrated with Simstagram, even though logically celebrities should instantly have a larger amount of followers. It just doesn't make much sense the way they keep expanding on the social media and popularity stuff but not integrating it with other packs.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.