Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

anniemouse

VIP Member
Who knows what the gameplay for the Highschool pack will be like, but I just watched the build/buy overview for it that James Turner did and there's an absolute ton of really beautiful stuff in it, and an incredible amount of different swatches and patterns and styles. Not buying it until I see a ton of gameplay and read the comments on Reddit, and am already disappointed to hear the carnival/pier is just a bunch of rabbitholes, but...the art team went all out on the super on-trend bedroom designs for this, well done them.

Plus curved walls, windows you can climb out of and ivy trellises you can climb down, so I expect a video titled "I BUILT RAPUNZELS' TOWER FROM TANGLED" within the next fortnight, thank you!
I must admit I am really tempted.

mmay1414

i'mm curious what everyone thinks about youtubers who play the decades challenge/history challenge and whether they avoid the rules about marrying in your race or omitting slavery

anniemouse

VIP Member
I actually unsubcribed from Deli a few days back because I realised I don't watch her sims vids anymore. I liked her when I first saw james and I loved their friendship, so I subscribed.

I am still subscribed to her vlog channel even though I get annoyed watching but I do love a boring vlog 😂
Oh does she put all the crap on another channel now? I unsubscribed ages ago

Lostcat

Chatty Member
A Gothic teen room from Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff was in all of my builds 🤣

Also re: James most recent video. I love him as much as the next guy! But come on, it's definitely harder to listen to him when he narrates a speed build video. I way prefer him playing or building 'live', talking through his decisions and reacting in the moment.

Just tryna be fair to our simmers! I'll criticise when I think it's due haha
Oh, absolutely a fair point, and I feel that too. Hard to talk for so long and make it fresh and engaging. Not the finest video in the world.

I saw the first min or two of that video. She was finishing up early because high school is coming out and she's having her carpet replaced. Other people would have several episodes recorded and ready to be released during the renovations and for people to watch while high school is released. With maybe a few days put aside to release early access videos. I'm not sure how it works for simstubers out of America bur Drgluon has had a couple of days off streaming to go do a secret project where he was and I quoted " taught a lesson" and "schooled" so I'm guessing there's been some sort of Sims camp.
Nope. No sims camp. We would know if there was one because the whole point is for simmers to get content on an upcoming pack and advertise it. So it wouldn’t be a “secret.” He went on a business trip for a small Twitch event that had a range of different streamers. It was for twitch to gather intel on their platform, how to improve, what to change, etc. if that makes sense. It was a private event that had nothing to do with the sims.

Scandiflowers

I wish Clare Siobhan had more variety of sims content. Atm it’s just the Not So Berry that I gave up on, and a werewolf let’s play I’m not interested in. Would be nice if she did some more one off videos

Raychieee

Chatty Member
Nope. No sims camp. We would know if there was one because the whole point is for simmers to get content on an upcoming pack and advertise it. So it wouldn’t be a “secret.” He went on a business trip for a small Twitch event that had a range of different streamers. It was for twitch to gather intel on their platform, how to improve, what to change, etc. if that makes sense. It was a private event that had nothing to do with the sims.
I guess he was hinting at the school thing as a joke maybe. I was confused as to why nobody else seemed to have gone anywhere. Also it was like 4am my time and I wasn't paying attention

Charlene78

Chatty Member
Suspect a lot not playing today because the game update has royally gubbed everyone's save files.

Dr Gluon uploaded a video killing everyone, so at least he had fun, suspect everyone else is waiting for a fix.
Wait what, what happened with the update ?? My god, EA can't do anything right 😔

anniemouse

VIP Member
So fun facts about Intellectual property law (shameless brag, I work in clearances for TV and Film)

See how it says "Stranger Things Inspired" with the key word being inspired. So you can use a brand or copyrighted logo (or stolen art) change it by 20% including 3 featured assets (make it bigger, different colour, maybe it had a dog and you make it a cat) and sell it as your own no issues! Its considered inspired art and is legal in copyright law in basically every country. Nothing in that merch store is a direct copy of any Stranger Things copyright, it's all fan art or inspired art. Other then Munson not signing a clearance, he's the only one that would have a chance of suing.

I would pay good money, and I mean real good money.. to watch Deli in a real job. Even just for one day. Wouldn't have to be anything crazy, I'm talking the "Simple Life with Paris Hilton" kinda style. Someone put her in a van and make her work at bunnings or like a supermarket for a day. @Deli take notes this is how you vlog !!!

Firstly - Welcome! Casual poster here but I defiantly shamelessly read every post to keep up to date in deli drama.

I too am not a massive fan of James, but i think when you're comparing him next to Deli its like if you put a hot chocolate and a cup of dirt water next to each other, they're both liquids but I'd only want to drink one of them. 😬

Sim youtubers have really painted themselves into a corner, I recently watched a CallMeKevin Sim video, where he basically plays the game (sometimes to annoying levels) completely wrong but yet still gaining 500k+ more views then any other full time sim youtuber.

I couldn't imagine basing my income on an already volatile income stream souly on the release schedule of one gaming company...
That’s interesting, thanks

Scandiflowers

From what I have heard, you have to put out some kind of pre-release content if you take a key. I don't think there is any stipulation on what it has to be. I think creators go after reviews and showcases of new content because they are easy to make. Slap review on any old video showing off the pack and you get double or triple the views. I would say LGR and Carl are the only people who actually do reviews. Shame they have to put up with these game changer wannabes polluting their pond.
Pre-release content? If so how on earth is Steph0Sims a game changer?! I love her videos but I can’t remember any that have been released before the pack was out

Snackerdoodledoo

You either get a long af Let's Play (James' Cottage Living LP dragged on for 47 parts ; I'm not criticizing it, but I've seen people say it was getting too long) because they haven't released anything for a while OR you get the situation we're having right now, with two packs coming out "at the same time" and no time to play the werewolf pack.

Is it that bad though ? Because it reminds me of Deligracy, who posted on Instagram after a week of the werewolf pack being out, saying "I find myself not having much to do with this pack" (I think she posted it after she had released 2 or 3 LP videos). 😂
I mean, for James, who focuses on one pack at a time, this is def a difficult time - with the Cottage Living one going so long, then werewolves going so fast - bc he's only focused on one pack. 😂

I can see some people doing school specific LPs but... Idk... It's all going to be the same recreations of popular tv shows (if all the Twitter/Reddit comments are anything to go by) & that's gonna be boring AF.

If people are playing normal legacies, I don't see any reason for most of them to not just add high school in there instead of doing an entire new game just for teens 🤔

But what the hell do I know. Most of the big channels do the same shit over and over and get bored/boring 😂

Scandiflowers

I think that what makes Sydney Macoretta’s continued success really satisfying is that, as well as being skilled at playing The Sims, she genuinely feels like a good person who just wants to entertain an audience and have fun whilst doing so.

When you press ‘play’ on one of her videos, there’s no sense of ego or fear you’re going to be lectured to or drawn into a psychodrama. It’s just a friendly face saying “Hey, I like this video game - would you like to watch me play it?”.

This cannot be said for the vast majority of people we have mentioned on this thread.
She’s really great! I’m on her discord and she is only down to earth and nice. She just feels a lot more grown up.

VibingintheGarden

This was not for content.
Then what is it for? You said it was to get people to donate, so why upload it at all? There isn't a link to donate to the charity in the video description so uploading it was solely for profit. "OOO, look at me, I got Rick Astley to come on my stream." She's made money off of this content twice, on her stream reupload channel and then repurposed for her main channel. So much for "it's just for charity." What happened to just doing charity for the sake of doing good? Why do people need to monetize "charity"? Disgusting.

Last edited:

mermaidish

So Plumbella has new merch with stranger things all over it. Wouldn’t she get in trouble for that?? Honestly I dunno how that stuff works
Not sure. Kelsey has merch with the needs panel icons on it, and I'm not sure how she's allowed to sell that either. Same with Deli's motherlode merch with cheat codes on it (though I'm not sure where coding fits in when it comes to copyrights).

Raychieee

Chatty Member
It helps that the bigwallets are well known developed family with history and back story. It's pure luck that there are vampires in the recent family but I do give James credit for using them in his let's play. We all know deli would not do that she and many others do not have the ability to come up with a storyline that makes sense and encompasses elements from other packs.

Can anyone recommend a simstuber that makes industrial or modern builds I'm looking for inspiration on a converted loft build for my green not so berry gen.

Once again, Vixella is actually streaming, and has yet to stream the sims since the pack came out/getting early access. I don’t know if she even qualifies as a simmer anymore.