Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because she has 0 life experience so can't make up stories. It's blatantly obvious in her vlog videos.

I feel like you kinda need to either have life experience or a really good imagination to write interesting stories. She never leaves the house!? she just sits in her eco chamber and doesn't talk to anyone so can't come up with normal dialogue.

Her source of "inspiration" is usually TV or movies, which are predictable - ipso facto her stories are predictable. Don't get me wrong, I love some bad tv or a crappy Kissing Booth / Clueless level teen drama on a rainy day but do we really need to see the entire plot of a now 18yr old film acted out in Sim characters?

Has anyone seen anyone mention it? possible her audience is too young to know
Deli's whole unofficial thing is just making Sims versions of tv shows, movies and pop culture. She's done Sims Scream Queens, Sims Gossip Girl, Sims Lemony Snicket (that lasted like 2 episodes), Sims Barbie and now Sims Mean Girls. I'm sure there are other ones too that I'm forgetting.

Her fans don't notice or they think she's being sooo amazing for doing it. For real, her comment section is people praising her for her brilliance and creativity. Someone actually said her storytelling abilities are unparalleled. It's equally hilarious and maddening.

Reactions: 2
I know this is probably just me being picky but it really annoys me that Kelsey is constantly eating on stream. Maybe it’s just because I don’t wanna watch someone eat/I would hate an entire audience watching me eat but like she streams for 2 hours. Surely she can eat before she streams or wait until afterwards??

Plus half the time the unpopular opinions are very rarely unpopular. They are just topics the sims community like to argue about lol.
This is such a pet peeve, this and people saying “is it only me that…. [proceeds to explain very common thing]”. Plumbella often does that and I think it majorly comes from tumblr “I’m not like other girls” days

Reactions: 6
I just tortured myself by watching plumbellas unpopular opinion video and I'm 3 minutes in and annoyed. Looks like it should be called opinions that differ from Jessie and let's listen to her rant about it. For some reason she has brought up that she hasn't had sex recently which seems random in a sims video. It's 7 minutes in and I'm giving up she is just rambling.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Plumbella followed the usual routine of uploading constantly when she was clearly unwell (whilst reassuring everyone that videomaking was a distraction from her grief) only to completely crash and not upload at all for three-ish weeks. It’s such a shame that, as nice as her family members probably are, she doesn’t have the support system around her to intervene when this constantly happens.

I’m so glad that she has finished High School Years content as her forcing a mention of her being thrown out of school into each and every video, as if that’s a) something to be proud of and b) something that her young and impressionable viewers should be privy to, was tedious. What a weird flex.

She also uploaded a Werewolves speedbuild a few weeks ago where the commentary was almost exclusively about how she is going to come back to streaming in a way that benefits her mental health. We have previously been told that both pack reviews and LPs were no-go areas because of her wellbeing but she’s back to doing both, so anything she says needs to be taken with a bowl of salt at this point.

Her absolute favourite topic is herself. An exhausting girl.

• Heart
Yeah I vaguely recall a whole thing about how she wasn't going to do reviews because it stressed her so much but I haven't actually noticed her not doing reviews or critical videos. Some of the things that both her and her editor decide are okay to put out into the world surprises me. I'm not saying people need to be fake or put on an act but there is being professional and not over sharing when you have young viewers

If she’s not going to do pack reviews and LPs then it’s pretty pointless being a Gamechanger. They’d be better giving her slot to a smaller channel who would put in the effort.

Reactions: 5
I thought she was asexual? Why would she mind
She said something along the lines of since my last video I've been shagged in reference to her hair cut and then said oh no just my hair not in any other woohoo way I'd be happy to never be touched again.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
If she’s not going to do pack reviews and LPs then it’s pretty pointless being a Gamechanger. They’d be better giving her slot to a smaller channel who would put in the effort.
Totally agree. To me, that’s an unwritten rule to being a part of the EA program. I really enjoy pack reviews because they help me decide if I want a pack or not. If it weren’t for these types of videos, I would have purchased my wedding stories the day it released! To me, refusing to do those types of videos is such a privileged thing to do in a disrespectful way to EA.

I still can't believe Plumbella is 27, I feel rude saying it but the way she plasters random male tv characters (Eddie from Stranger Things at the moment, the Harry Potter and Marvel characters, basically whoever she has a crush on at the time) all over her social medias and Youtube videos seems immature. I understand if she's actually making a post or video about the characters but just having them pop up in videos for the sake of it reminds me of a teenage fangirl. I thought she was 21 at most

Reactions: 10
I still can't believe Plumbella is 27, I feel rude saying it but the way she plasters random male tv characters (Eddie from Stranger Things at the moment, the Harry Potter and Marvel characters, basically whoever she has a crush on at the time) all over her social medias and Youtube videos seems immature. I understand if she's actually making a post or video about the characters but just having them pop up in videos for the sake of it reminds me of a teenage fangirl. I thought she was 21 at most
Agreed - I’m the same age and was doing stuff like that when I was in my teens and that’s where it stayed 🤣

• Haha
Agreed - I’m the same age and was doing stuff like that when I was in my teens and that’s where it stayed 🤣
The thing is, she would defend this by saying that she’s Autistic and those things are her special interests and she’s merely expressing herself without masking.

However, whilst every Autistic person is different, I have never known anyone on the spectrum with so many special interests. It’s the Sims and it’s Pride and Prejudice and it’s that bloke from Stranger Things and it’s the Victorian era and it’s Harry Potter and on and on it goes.

Again - with all the endless stories about her family history of mental illness and her asexuality and her political views and her being thrown out of school and her friendship dramas and whatever - it seems that her favourite special interest is Jessica McNamara.

And yes - I know it’s her channel and I’m watching it but she makes gaming videos, not lifestyle vlogs. Why do I know so much about a girl who plays The Sims on YouTube? I don’t know even 10% of this about James Turner or Syd Mac!

Everything I know about Plumbella has been thrust upon my against my will.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I had to stop watching her because I felt so uncomfortable with the way she kept bringing up her family history and their health issues, as well as getting her little niece to wear her merchandise.

I don't like Youtubers/Instagrammers using children to promote things in that fashion (though I'm sure she had the permission of the child's parent to do so).

But doing that in combination with talking about family issues and health problems makes me uneasy. Too much information, made too public. It's too easy for that stuff to come back and haunt you later. Or worse, come back and haunt a family member who didn't realise just how much info she had babbled to the world over the last few years of videos.

The thing is, she would defend this by saying that she’s Autistic and those things are her special interests and she’s merely expressing herself without masking.

However, whilst every Autistic person is different, I have never known anyone on the spectrum with so many special interests. It’s the Sims and it’s Pride and Prejudice and it’s that bloke from Stranger Things and it’s the Victorian era and it’s Harry Potter and on and on it goes.

Again - with all the endless stories about her family history of mental illness and her asexuality and her political views and her being thrown out of school and her friendship dramas and whatever - it seems that her favourite special interest is Jessica McNamara.

And yes - I know it’s her channel and I’m watching it but she makes gaming videos, not lifestyle vlogs. Why do I know so much about a girl who plays The Sims on YouTube? I don’t know even 10% of this about James Turner or Syd Mac!

Everything I know about Plumbella has been thrust upon my against my will.
Eh, I’m sure a significant number of people watch Plumbella specifically because they enjoy her rambling on about everything. To each their own, I guess.

What bothers me is that I remember watching Plumbella a couple of years ago and she was never that.. unhinged? It’s like one day the doctor told her she was autistic and she decided to make that diagnosis a reason for everything in her life, essentially reconstructing her personality around it.

Reactions: 8
to be fair, Vixella is still a game changer and I have no idea why because she hasn’t posted any HSY content at all apart from some multiplayer ones that were from a stream. The only time she ever uploads a video is when she’s promoting that stupid Disney game as a sponsor.
if she’s bored of making content, that’s fair, but she’s taking up a game changer spot that could go to someone who genuinely wants it; like Syd Mac who makes amazing creative content or a whole host of other simmers who have tried to apply

Reactions: 3
to be fair, Vixella is still a game changer and I have no idea why because she hasn’t posted any HSY content at all apart from some multiplayer ones that were from a stream. The only time she ever uploads a video is when she’s promoting that stupid Disney game as a sponsor.
if she’s bored of making content, that’s fair, but she’s taking up a game changer spot that could go to someone who genuinely wants it; like Syd Mac who makes amazing creative content or a whole host of other simmers who have tried to apply
They should have an overhaul of them all and give the space of any of them not making any effort to others. I mean use JMes as an ex pie, he filmed for days to habe his High School content ready.

So please anyone shoot me down/educate me if I’m speaking out of place here. Plumbella is asexual yet her obsessions/interests mostly seem to be centred around fictional male characters? Mr Darcy… Eddie Munson… what’s going on there?

Reactions: 1
So please anyone shoot me down/educate me if I’m speaking out of place here. Plumbella is asexual yet her obsessions/interests mostly seem to be centred around fictional male characters? Mr Darcy… Eddie Munson… what’s going on there?
Doesn't asexual mean that you're not interested in sex ? You can still fall in love and be in a loving relationship, you just don't want to have sex. So, you can still have crushes too.

Reactions: 7
Doesn't asexual mean that you're not interested in sex ? You can still fall in love and be in a loving relationship, you just don't want to have sex. So, you can still have crushes too.
Right, I gotcha! That answers my question then - thank you!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.