Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DietGossip

VIP Member
Did I hear Plumbella say that she’d intended to go to the Harry Styles tour but couldn’t because of a family incident?

So her Autism prevents her from going to the supermarket but allows her to shimmy and shake to Watermelon Sugar in front of all and sundry?

View attachment 1459149
Didn't her grandad just die? (I don't know when the Harry Styles tour is though)

Lara98

Chatty Member
She has a lovely speaking voice, very calm and measured. Her content can be a bit hit and miss, sometimes you do get the feeling she started filming without much idea of what she wanted or where she could lead the storyline, or even if it would work at all.

She has a good sense of humour though, very dry, very sly.

(She plays with mods quite a lot, including the violence/murder one, and doesnt flag that up in her descriptions, which I am not a fan of, just to give a heads up. Purely a personal opinion, dont like the violence mods or the seedier aspects of the sex mods)
Thank you! I agree about mods, I don't have any as I cba with the hassle, so prefer those who I can relate to a bit more game play wise

The chat on twitch streams is truelly a scary place. It's either entitled brats making rude comments or demanding that any builds are done exactly as they want or attention seekers determined to have the streamer mention them via any means necessary. It's all either my cat has the flu you have a cat notice me or its my birthday notice me etc or you suck lol or you look like your husband notice me being a dick lol. It's no wonder some creators focus on the negative. I also hate the over protective fans who jump in all guns blazing if someone dares to offer constructive criticism.
Totally. I watch a few streamers, a good amount of simmers and one that isn’t a simmer but does occasionally play the sims. Her streams it’s not super often she gets rude comments. But when I watch simmers play the sims, it’s constant. Lilsimsie can drive me nuts, but it literally makes me so angry when she gets rude comments. She will start her stream and just be talking about something, and only be live for a couple minutes, and a sims kid will say “when are you going to play the sims?” Like Jesus Christ, she JUST got live and is talking about something. She will play the sims, be patient. I wish parents had more control of their kids on the internet. It’s one thing for kids to watch sims streams, but they should not be in chat. I genuinely feel like chat would be a much more peaceful place if sims kids only watched instead of commenting.

They also do what you mentioned just to get attention like saying “it’s my birthday” or “my dog is sick” or whatever. Sometimes I feel like half the people who say it’s their birthday only do it to get her to acknowledge them. Her chat is obviously very active and moves FAST. She obviously can’t read or acknowledge ever comment and kids will spam dumb messages and say stuff like “why are you ignoring me?” 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Clare and Ali are expecting. Did not expect this at all, Clare used to talk about her fear of pregnancy/childbirth and how she was unsure if she ever wanted to have children all the time

Snackerdoodledoo

I will totally check these out. I’m bored of all the big sims YouTubers and seeking smaller or different channels. Ones I’m watching right now are Whiny Brit, SimsPurge & LivingDeadGal Sims. All totally different content & at different levels of growth but enjoyable.
I like LivingDeadGal👍
Would say Silver Haired Simmer, KatPlays, Spacey Sims, and Little Miss Sweettart too. Those are on my micro-simmer rotations 🤣

Edit - forgot SIMato

Last edited:

anniemouse

VIP Member
Gameplay is definitely lacking but Sims 4 is always lacking in replayability. It's why we all have to invent challenges to make it more difficult or more entertaining. After I've played my current rags to riches I'll probably only go to school with my teen when I have a household where all adults are in a rabbit hole job. I'm enjoying it right now but high school isn't life changing for my Sims or me.
I agree, I’m doing a legacy just now which helps with making me want to play. I did like that my sim told me he had a crush on one of the other teens (and it wasn’t his sister😂) so he flirted with her and she ended up asking him to prom.

PinkAries

Goo
Oh no that’s really sad, what a shame.

i just went back and had a look at that thumbnail, that’s crazy 😂.

I’ve never watched English Simmer, I’ve seen tweets from her but that’s about it, her videos don’t even come up as suggestions on youtube.

If I were to have a job playing video games at home all day it would be amazing to spend time with my dog and not ship him off somewhere. That was my favourite bit about lockdown and working from home.
Good point

PinkAries

Does anyone watch WhinyBrit? Everyone always raves about her and I really like the concept of her ideas but the last video I watched of hers felt like it needed a much harder edit. I feel like she’d be better at a scripted thing a bit like ambiguous amphibian?
I love Whiny Brit, I liked her earlier videos better than now tho because her videos are starting to become boring and repetitive. She has a cool personality tho and doesn’t take herself too seriously! Her and Carmen are the only sims youtubers that make me laugh tbh

MidnightAura

VIP Member
That’s a terrible excuse. The pack has run just fine for me and a lot of twitch streamers have had no issues with it either.
I know for certain some haven’t touched it because they find it boring. It seems most of the GC now just do reviews of build and buy and cas and then leave it.

Scandiflowers

I do feel a bit sorry for Kayla because she does have great work ethic. But damn, the girl needs help. I think the biggest 🚩🚩🚩 for me is her having few irl friends... I didn't realise (until I read it on here, I think) that she did her degree online. I know she rarely leaves the house. I'm assuming she met Dan online? It just feels like, because of YouTube, she never got a chance to grow out of her teenage awkward stage. I know a lot of people (myself included) take going to uni as a chance to reinvent yourself - and if you live on campus, you suddenly live with other young people 24/7 and you learn a lot about yourself, who you want to be, and who you want to be around. That 18-22 period is so important for social development and it seems like she spent it all in her room

Someone said it earlier - arrested development!

I thought she went to the university of central Florida… so very near where she lives in Orlando. Maybe most of it was online due to the pandemic?

VibingintheGarden

Does anyone else watch Fantayzia? I like her content but I swear she has an obsession with crabs and STDs it's a storyline in every other video
Sounds to me like her content is a bit stale and the only thing she has going for her is whatever mod adds that to her gameplay. Deli did that too, titling a video that James gave her the clap, in her Dream Life LP. I'm sure James was thrilled with that title. Also, if that is the only interesting thing going on in your LP, you might be doing it wrong.

Lostcat

Chatty Member
Did anyone buy the new game?
Nope. High-school gameplay is not for me, and from what I've seen so far the gameplay is super buggy and not very interesting, except the thrift shop aspect. Coming on top of the update breaking ageing and various other things..I think I'll pass. I'm still having fun with the werewolf pack anyway, I've had my money's worth out of that!

Im enjoying the building videos though! The Art Deco High-school and shops people have made are super cool.

Scandiflowers

I just watched a few minutes of that uture thing lilsimsie is on and then clicked off. It’s professional but… self indulgent? Looking at the views on the channel it can’t be doing as well as they expected, surely.

Props to Ali A for not making Clare a judge, though!

mermaidish

Deli said she doesnt want to be pregnant but that could change, she does seem like the type to do a family channel
I mean, that's totally fair in my eyes. I'm kind of with her on that. I officially revoke my initial speculation haha

Keikochan

VIP Member
She still has a full time job and manages daily uploads? How on earth! I assumed she had quit the full time job maybe now she’s probably earning decent money with her views. No idea how she has not burnt out yet if she is working 2 jobs essentially!
Yeah I'm fairly certain she still has full time job. I don't remember hearing anything about her leaving it.

I'd wear it inside my house bc I actually kinda don't hate it. But I'm tacky, so idk. But I'm not 12 so I can't wear it outside 🤣

I can't even figure out why Vixella GOT early access. She barely does anything??
Ok, I don't watch her but I swear people here have comained she doesn't even play half the time, but they gave her early access? And not every GC got it, so that's what's baffling. Give it to those that actually play?
It just truly blows my mind the lack of content she put out with it compared to other simmers who got early access. To me if I were a simmer and got early access, I would be hyped because it’s new content that you can make so many different videos on. Plus she has no excuse because she has someone who edits her videos too. I feel like once you hire an editor there are no excuses to not putting out much content.

MidnightAura

VIP Member
Would not be shocked if its just a retread of Hampton Falls or Gossip City or whatever her old LPs were. I've played a wealthy scandalous neighborhood before and it can be fun but not if that's all you ever did. Sometimes you can do rags to riches, or have a perfectly normal middle class family, or play a supernatural town, or even have a neighborhood with Sims of different lifestyles and social classes. I don't understand why she doesn't ever try out different styles without completely abandoning them especially considering she has every single pack and got them for free. Even the scenarios were a fun change of pace for me so I don't get how you can be so uninspired.

Also a Pixelade video showed up on my home page and he is just so dramatic. I'm not defending EA but the reality is that the only bug I encountered was the aging one when I tried it out and most players play on normal lifespan anyway. It's so funny how he can't even credit other creators, but can make bad clikbait even for Sims content standards.
View attachment 1475285
Pixelade is something else. Quite how he is still a game changer I do not understand.

DietGossip

VIP Member
Is everything still bestie and sick? Cause thats what she would say when I used to watch her reviews. I think the most frustrating thing I found was how she made being gay her entire personality. I don’t care that she is, good for her but she doesn’t need to remind us every video she’s gay. It reminds me of Plumbella reminding us constant she has autism. I have a long term disability and I don’t remind people every time we speak or I see them.
Yep, still all bestie. I don't mind the gay thing cause I'm gay and I do that with my friends- but I guess the difference is that I don't make youtube videos 🤷‍♀️

Charlene78

Chatty Member
She replied to someone's tweet the other day. It seems she views herself as someone who used to be extremely hard-working and now she knows better and focuses on health more.

I don’t remember Deli uploading daily and I've been watching her for years. I remember she had videos Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for a while, which was the closest to having a schedule for her.
To her, she was probably hard-working, yes...

Looking at her older videos, she started off living in a shared apartment, then had her own flat but it was a little studio. She was a youtuber/streamer full time when she was living in the studio appartment (I feel like she basically did her two year diploma and then pretty much went youtuber full time right away). Then, she moved to a bigger flat and then once again a bigger one. Now she owns a big house.

Let's get to the point : she probably made a lot of money with her youtube channel in the first few years after getting an audience. I see that 7 years ago she had 100k subscribers and her Barbie LP was getting her 250k-300k views each video, not counting her other views and streams etc. Let's not forget that it was a while ago too, I believe youtube was paying more then, and there were less youtubers to watch. She was probably getting money from her parents while in the studio appartment (her family definitely has money, so they would have the means to support her) or had a side job at the beginning (though I've never seen her mentioning any kind of job lol).

Now, she has her own house... She most likely feels like she doesn't need to work as hard anymore because she has the money. She also most likely feels like even if she earns less money, she has James' income for the household...

So, in the end, it sounds like she was working more at first to build up her channel and get a better situation, and now that she has the situation she wanted, she doesn't want to work anymore... which, I mean, makes sense, I guess ??? I don't know 💀

Sounds to me like her content is a bit stale and the only thing she has going for her is whatever mod adds that to her gameplay. Deli did that too, titling a video that James gave her the clap, in her Dream Life LP. I'm sure James was thrilled with that title. Also, if that is the only interesting thing going on in your LP, you might be doing it wrong.
I wouldn't be so bothered with the mods alone (although like you said they are used for clicks or shock value a lot) but it's so odd to me because Fantayzia gives me the impression of having a younger audience (unicorn themed intro and she has a second channel for playing roblox) but also does these let's plays with themes of drugs, sex, STDs etc using wicked whims. It's like she's trying to make content for two audiences at once.