Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw the first min or two of that video. She was finishing up early because high school is coming out and she's having her carpet replaced. Other people would have several episodes recorded and ready to be released during the renovations and for people to watch while high school is released. With maybe a few days put aside to release early access videos. I'm not sure how it works for simstubers out of America bur Drgluon has had a couple of days off streaming to go do a secret project where he was and I quoted " taught a lesson" and "schooled" so I'm guessing there's been some sort of Sims camp.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The way EA pumps out packs is KILLING the Let's Play, everyone ends them far too early to get to the next pack. I wish there was a way they could work new content into one big Let's Play- like doing a Legacy Challenge that can span multiple packs/expansions rather than just quitting after a month or two

Reactions: 1
The way EA pumps out packs is KILLING the Let's Play, everyone ends them far too early to get to the next pack. I wish there was a way they could work new content into one big Let's Play- like doing a Legacy Challenge that can span multiple packs/expansions rather than just quitting after a month or two
You either get a long af Let's Play (James' Cottage Living LP dragged on for 47 parts ; I'm not criticizing it, but I've seen people say it was getting too long) because they haven't released anything for a while OR you get the situation we're having right now, with two packs coming out "at the same time" and no time to play the werewolf pack.

Is it that bad though ? Because it reminds me of Deligracy, who posted on Instagram after a week of the werewolf pack being out, saying "I find myself not having much to do with this pack" (I think she posted it after she had released 2 or 3 LP videos). 😂

Deligracy ended her furry Let's Play at 9 parts... with 20k views...
Is this a surprise? She's quit series that were bringing in 100k views before. Oh how times have changed. I don't think it is a good look to plaster "I QUIT" as the titled. Good way to tell people not to watch. Most smart people use the word finale.

You either get a long af Let's Play (James' Cottage Living LP dragged on for 47 parts ; I'm not criticizing it, but I've seen people say it was getting too long) because they haven't released anything for a while OR you get the situation we're having right now, with two packs coming out "at the same time" and no time to play the werewolf pack.
I know this is a novel concept for most Simmers, but you can post multiple series at the same time. *GASP* It's a problem that they created themselves. There's also picking a spot and creating a season finale, to return to the family later. But that requires story, forethought, planning and most of all WORK and we all know how allergic they are to that.

Reactions: 5
I saw the first min or two of that video. She was finishing up early because high school is coming out and she's having her carpet replaced. Other people would have several episodes recorded and ready to be released during the renovations and for people to watch while high school is released.
Yeah. James, the person she lives with, has stated he prerecorded a chunk of his Werewolf Let's Play due to renovations etc. He apologised for not being able to incorporate suggestions from the comments into the next couple videos as a result, and set them to auto upload to his channel every 48 hours on the dot.

Easy to do, professional as a Youtuber can be, ensures his Let's Play will be a reasonable length by the end of July.

Reactions: 7
So she quit for those reasons not because she wasn’t enjoying the werewolfs or had exhausted all the game play? Because the latter I could see. Quitting when her boyfriend does the same job and is working around the renovation must make for interesting dinner conversations between them. But I remember a youtuber complain their job was so hard, the reality was they got up at 12 in the afternoon, walked their dog and their work was “reacting” to Japanese anime with minimal editing. Some creators have no idea how easy their job Is.

I saw the first min or two of that video. She was finishing up early because high school is coming out and she's having her carpet replaced. Other people would have several episodes recorded and ready to be released during the renovations and for people to watch while high school is released. With maybe a few days put aside to release early access videos. I'm not sure how it works for simstubers out of America bur Drgluon has had a couple of days off streaming to go do a secret project where he was and I quoted " taught a lesson" and "schooled" so I'm guessing there's been some sort of Sims camp.
Nope. No sims camp. We would know if there was one because the whole point is for simmers to get content on an upcoming pack and advertise it. So it wouldn’t be a “secret.” He went on a business trip for a small Twitch event that had a range of different streamers. It was for twitch to gather intel on their platform, how to improve, what to change, etc. if that makes sense. It was a private event that had nothing to do with the sims.

why does she keep going back to the slightly deranged look?
Mediocre creators rely heavily on wacky expressions to bring in viewers. Making a good, clickable thumbnail without those stupid faces is hard. Instead of seeing the root of their low viewership problem, bad/boring/lazy content, they lean even farther into the stupid faces because those faces "work" at getting views. Yeah, they did work before everyone started doing them. Now people are sick of them. You can't just put expensive wrapping paper and bow on a pile of manure. People are eventually going to figure out that you are a peddler of crap and not to watch you.

Reactions: 2
Regarding the drought between Cottage Living and new content, I remember Deli saying how she won't start a new LP until new DLCs come out because "there's nothing to do". I hate this logic. This isn't Assassin's Creed or The Witcher. This is a life simulation game with no linear story arc. It's what you make of it. You don't have to wait for new content to drop, you create the content in this limitless, blank canvas, simulation. Even if we disregard the fact that Deli just scraped the surface of some packs and forgot about what's in half of them (and could therefore benefit from replaying it), are we going to pretend that there aren't a million different stories to be told or challenges to create? Especially when you have an audience that gives the LPs legitimacy and wants to get invested. I can name a dozen unique LP ideas instantly, it's just that they require a lot more work than simply exploring the new pack by going through aspirations.

Nope. No sims camp. We would know if there was one because the whole point is for simmers to get content on an upcoming pack and advertise it. So it wouldn’t be a “secret.” He went on a business trip for a small Twitch event that had a range of different streamers. It was for twitch to gather intel on their platform, how to improve, what to change, etc. if that makes sense. It was a private event that had nothing to do with the sims.
I guess he was hinting at the school thing as a joke maybe. I was confused as to why nobody else seemed to have gone anywhere. Also it was like 4am my time and I wasn't paying attention

They will never do an in-person Sims camp again.

I bet EA are kicking themselves at the amount of money they wasted for so long when they could just as easily have sent out watermarked copies of the new pack and done a Zoom Q&A for the “gamechangers”.

I swear deli blames everything on anxiety, pms or her period. She also ALWAYS seems to either be on her period or pms-ing. This is also a b.s. excuse as to why she hasn’t done any recording for the past week and a half because she has been posting to her stories regularly just fine and hasn’t mentioned being sick once. Wasn’t she just crawling through a dog door like a week ago?

Reactions: 7
- Why does she have a bunch of prerecorded videos ready to upload right before getting sick... ? Call me paranoid but mmmmmmhmmmh...
- Starts by saying she's sick then moves to "tired" and "emotional", which aren't reasons to stop working and aren't an illness ? If you're "can't get of bed" kind of tired, sure, but "emotional" ? Sorry boss I can't come in today I've been feeling emotional, actually I'll just take the whole week off to rest. 😂
- "coming off my anxiety meds" : but hasn't she been off them for weeks now and it was going fine ? Okay I'm not a doctor but why would she feel extra tired all of a sudden ?
- "weird pms", feels like she's pmsing all year long at this point
- "I hate not being able to work" 🤭 okay boss girl

Honestly at this point I don't understand why she hasn't been to a doctor ? She's been feeling "extra tired" for the past few months every couple of weeks...

To be honest I feel like she's just a bit tired and pretending like it's worse so that she doesn't have to record stuff because she's bored of her job 💀 Kind of like "huhhhhh I'm tireddddd, I have only slept 7 hours instead of 8 last night, I can't functionnnn, therefore I AM SICK. James pleasssse bring me a coffee from the coffee shop even though it's -20 degrees outside please I AM SICK 🥺". Knowing James he'll probably do it and tell her to rest for as long as it takes. 💀

Of course there are illnesses where you're tired all the time etc but knowing Deligracy it's just a bunch of excuses...

Reactions: 6
DrGluon will be playing High School Years on the 15th, which means others get it then as well. Poor Deli, won't be able to capitalize on the early access momentum after waiting for a year to make a big new LP. Stupid tiredness.

• Haha
DrGluon will be playing High School Years on the 15th, which means others get it then as well. Poor Deli, won't be able to capitalize on the early access momentum after waiting for a year to make a big new LP. Stupid tiredness.
Let's see if she's still feeling tired on the 15th... 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Are we taking any bets on how glitchy High School is going to be? The AI has struggled the entire life of the game, so I wonder how it is going to do with a whole school of people to deal with. I recently watched a video about someone testing the Sims 4 AI and it was hilarious. AI couldn't take care of a dog or even take care of a baby. Toddler stage was a mess too. I think it was called something like "I tested the Sims 4 AI and it was cursed" or broken or something like that. Highly recommend if you want a taste of what is to come. I just might break down and watch a game changer preview to see how broken it is.

Of course there is always a chance that the pack works okay for the game changers and when it releases, the real problems will begin. Not the first time EA releases something broken and won't be the last. I wonder if it will take months to sort out the problems again, like My Wedding Stories.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.