Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You either get a long af Let's Play (James' Cottage Living LP dragged on for 47 parts ; I'm not criticizing it, but I've seen people say it was getting too long) because they haven't released anything for a while OR you get the situation we're having right now, with two packs coming out "at the same time" and no time to play the werewolf pack.

Is it that bad though ? Because it reminds me of Deligracy, who posted on Instagram after a week of the werewolf pack being out, saying "I find myself not having much to do with this pack" (I think she posted it after she had released 2 or 3 LP videos). ๐Ÿ˜‚
I mean, for James, who focuses on one pack at a time, this is def a difficult time - with the Cottage Living one going so long, then werewolves going so fast - bc he's only focused on one pack. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I can see some people doing school specific LPs but... Idk... It's all going to be the same recreations of popular tv shows (if all the Twitter/Reddit comments are anything to go by) & that's gonna be boring AF.

If people are playing normal legacies, I don't see any reason for most of them to not just add high school in there instead of doing an entire new game just for teens ๐Ÿค”

But what the hell do I know. Most of the big channels do the same tit over and over and get bored/boring ๐Ÿ˜‚

Regarding the drought between Cottage Living and new content, I remember Deli saying how she won't start a new LP until new DLCs come out because "there's nothing to do". I hate this logic. This isn't Assassin's Creed or The Witcher. This is a life simulation game with no linear story arc. It's what you make of it. You don't have to wait for new content to drop, you create the content in this limitless, blank canvas, simulation. Even if we disregard the fact that Deli just scraped the surface of some packs and forgot about what's in half of them (and could therefore benefit from replaying it), are we going to pretend that there aren't a million different stories to be told or challenges to create? Especially when you have an audience that gives the LPs legitimacy and wants to get invested. I can name a dozen unique LP ideas instantly, it's just that they require a lot more work than simply exploring the new pack by going through aspirations.

You don't even have to create your own stories, there's HUNDREDS of challenge ideas out there. Use those. Most of them have story concepts in them and the game writes stories itself half the time. You can just have fun going with the flow. Sure, crafting a good base idea and back story is nice. But the game is never going to be EVERYTHING you plan unless you're just writing sim lit and taking photos. So idk why they can't play challenges and just enjoy the game

Are we taking any bets on how glitchy High School is going to be? The AI has struggled the entire life of the game, so I wonder how it is going to do with a whole school of people to deal with. I recently watched a video about someone testing the Sims 4 AI and it was hilarious. AI couldn't take care of a dog or even take care of a baby. Toddler stage was a mess too. I think it was called something like "I tested the Sims 4 AI and it was cursed" or broken or something like that. Highly recommend if you want a taste of what is to come. I just might break down and watch a game changer preview to see how broken it is.

Of course there is always a chance that the pack works okay for the game changers and when it releases, the real problems will begin. Not the first time EA releases something broken and won't be the last. I wonder if it will take months to sort out the problems again, like My Wedding Stories.
How long has Dine Out been out? ๐Ÿค”
Didn't it take like, a year, to fix that rocket ship glitch...

I'm just saying. You're optimistic if you think this pack is coming out bugged and it'll be fixed in MONTHS ๐Ÿ˜‚
(But no, really, is MWS even fully fixed?)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I play long generational games and I'm just going to have my teens do teen stuff I'm not about to start a whole new family to send someone to prom. All the simstubers currently doing nsb or a short legacy or any legacy should have no problem incorporating it into a challenge or let's play. The problem is most of them don't want to put effort into regular content.

Reactions: 1
You don't even have to create your own stories, there's HUNDREDS of challenge ideas out there. Use those. Most of them have story concepts in them and the game writes stories itself half the time. You can just have fun going with the flow. Sure, crafting a good base idea and back story is nice. But the game is never going to be EVERYTHING you plan unless you're just writing sim lit and taking photos. So idk why they can't play challenges and just enjoy the game
The problem with challenges is that Simmers put zero effort into them. Just look at the big simmers that have done 100 Baby or NSB and quit. The reason why they don't finish is because people get bored and stop watching. Yes, some people can turn challenges into really interesting content BUT most of the time they don't want to make the effort. "The game writes stories itself" only works, in my opinion, if you are playing Sims 2 or Sims 3. In the Sims 4, most simmers get into this loop of "go to work, make supper, go to bed" and will go for multiple episodes where nothing happens. No one wants to watch that, challenge or not.

I'm just saying. You're optimistic if you think this pack is coming out bugged and it'll be fixed in MONTHS ๐Ÿ˜‚
I highly doubt My Wedding Stories will ever be fixed. Just add it to the pile of broken stuff, like Dine Out, Butlers, Doctor Career and toddlers.

The problem with challenges is that Simmers put zero effort into them. Just look at the big simmers that have done 100 Baby or NSB and quit. The reason why they don't finish is because people get bored and stop watching. Yes, some people can turn challenges into really interesting content BUT most of the time they don't want to make the effort. "The game writes stories itself" only works, in my opinion, if you are playing Sims 2 or Sims 3. In the Sims 4, most simmers get into this loop of "go to work, make supper, go to bed" and will go for multiple episodes where nothing happens. No one wants to watch that, challenge or not.

I highly doubt My Wedding Stories will ever be fixed. Just add it to the pile of broken stuff, like Dine Out, Butlers, Doctor Career and toddlers.
Thatโ€™s basically my gameplay, I get bored playing it never mind watching someone else.

I just saw on reddit that Lilsimsie played the Sims with Rick Astley. What the heck? Why? Didn't she just play with Safiya Nygaard too? I guess the cure for a stagnating channel is collabing with influencers and celebrities, although it doesn't look like it did much for her channel. Just make good sims content. There is no need to drag aging celebrities and beauty influencers into your videos.

Clare and Ali are expecting. Did not expect this at all, Clare used to talk about her fear of pregnancy/childbirth and how she was unsure if she ever wanted to have children all the time

I just saw on reddit that Lilsimsie played the Sims with Rick Astley. What the heck? Why? Didn't she just play with Safiya Nygaard too? I guess the cure for a stagnating channel is collabing with influencers and celebrities, although it doesn't look like it did much for her channel. Just make good sims content. There is no need to drag aging celebrities and beauty influencers into your videos.
It was for a charity stream. Getting celebrities on is a good way to draw in more people and to get them to donate. This was not for content. And if they didnโ€™t want to do it they would just say no. Nobody was โ€œdraggedโ€ into her stream.

Reactions: 6
This was not for content.
Then what is it for? You said it was to get people to donate, so why upload it at all? There isn't a link to donate to the charity in the video description so uploading it was solely for profit. "OOO, look at me, I got Rick Astley to come on my stream." She's made money off of this content twice, on her stream reupload channel and then repurposed for her main channel. So much for "it's just for charity." What happened to just doing charity for the sake of doing good? Why do people need to monetize "charity"? Disgusting.

Last edited:
Wow her views are really tanking right now
Tbf the werewolves pack hasnโ€™t generated many views for any youtubers, even James Turner
That's usually how it goes, with a very controversial pack. A lot of people did not like the look of the werewolves, so they voted with their wallet and eyeballs. I was very underwhelmed by the trailer + livestream and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Also, My Wedding Stories left a very bad taste in many people's mouths. EA showed everyone they aren't interested in publishing functional content and that affects not only sales but also the amount of people willing to support content creators that they see as being "in bed" with EA. I'd be interested to see sales numbers but we all know EA is not going to share them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Iโ€™ve actually got pretty bored with werewolves LPโ€™s tbh even though I enjoy the pack itself. The only one Iโ€™m enjoying is Jamesโ€™s but I always enjoy his videos anyway. Iโ€™m subbed to Deli but I donโ€™t remember the last time I watched one of her videos.
Actually I clicked on the one she made for console players (Iโ€™m one of those) and saw how she basically condescended towards us and spread misinformation about us like we canโ€™t use move objects cheats or alt place objects which we absolutely can lmao she also seemed to think we canโ€™t use the gallery at all??? Which is not true, we just canโ€™t see any builds/sims that use CC

Then what is it for? You said it was to get people to donate, so why upload it at all? There isn't a link to donate to the charity in the video description so uploading it was solely for profit. "OOO, look at me, I got Rick Astley to come on my stream." She's made money off of this content twice, on her stream reupload channel and then repurposed for her main channel. So much for "it's just for charity." What happened to just doing charity for the sake of doing good? Why do people need to monetize "charity"? Disgusting.
kayla has had a joke kinda thing going for a few years about being a huge risk astley fan i think she was genuinely just super excited about it and itโ€™s always been a thing between her and her viewers

Reactions: 7
kayla has had a joke kinda thing going for a few years about being a huge risk astley fan i think she was genuinely just super excited about it and itโ€™s always been a thing between her and her viewers
That's cute, I'm glad she and her fans got a kick out of it. I'd be excited to meet him too, seems a lovely bloke.

Regarding Werewolves, I think it probably suffered badly for the High-school EP trailer being dropped so fast after it's release. An occult game pack versus a full expansion pack on a super popular topic a lot of younger players have always wanted? No wonder it got steamrollered.

(I like the pack though, it is genuinely hilarious to just be able to DEVOUR your enemies house)

I watched 2 minutes of Deli's latest building video for dummies (I can't even watch her videos anymore, they're so boring...) and she really was half assed explaining everything. She was explaining the terrain paint and put the paint kind of carelessly so it looked pretty bad
Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 10-14-58 How to landscape your garden in The Sims 4 (Building Basics)...png

Then she tries to explain terrain tool and she really didn't research anything for her videos. It's known that she doesn't like this tool and doesn't know how to use it (she's said it before and she always builds on flat lots for this reason) but she could have at least looked it up for a TUTORIAL video. She says "I don't really understand what the difference is" when talking about one of the options. Then her whole lot turns grey and she says "huhhh I'm gonna be honest I have no idea why it's grey now but I'll just keep playing"

Then she placed a bunch of random tit everywhere
Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 10-21-09 How to landscape your garden in The Sims 4 (Building Basics)...png

Reactions: 3

My wedding stories is still broke. I had a wedding w few days ago. The groom wouldnโ€™t walk down the aisle, nor would any of of the wedding party. The bride tried but got stuck because a toddler was in the aisle.

The officiant was too busy dancing with the flower pal at a nearby dance floor To marry the couple, she was also the mother of the groom and missed the entire ceremony.

Took about twenty clicks to get the bride and groom married. N

The first dance glitched out. When rounding everyone up to cut the cake the guests cut it and ate it before the bride and groom got near it.

I got the pack on sale and I regret buying it!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I watched 2 minutes of Deli's latest building video for dummies (I can't even watch her videos anymore, they're so boring...) and she really was half assed explaining everything. She was explaining the terrain paint and put the paint kind of carelessly so it looked pretty bad
View attachment 1415854

Then she tries to explain terrain tool and she really didn't research anything for her videos. It's known that she doesn't like this tool and doesn't know how to use it (she's said it before and she always builds on flat lots for this reason) but she could have at least looked it up for a TUTORIAL video. She says "I don't really understand what the difference is" when talking about one of the options. Then her whole lot turns grey and she says "huhhh I'm gonna be honest I have no idea why it's grey now but I'll just keep playing"

Then she placed a bunch of random tit everywhere
View attachment 1415863
PLEASE i felt the same ๐Ÿ˜‚ the laziness is insane watching her terrain paint in the most random places and put bushes wherever theyโ€™ll slot without moveobjects. and yea what kind of dumb*** posts a tutorial for people when they need a tutorial themselves? all this is is a small build that could be built and furnished and landscaped all within 25 mins but she dragged everything out to make 4(?) different 20 min long videos without a clue what sheโ€™s talking about. LAZY

• Heart
Ah, right when I was bored, a new Deli vlog...

Personal taste but I absolutely hate their new TV furniture or whatever it's called. Also the tv is tilted, FIX IT, FIX IT !!!
Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 14-34-36 We got new wardrobes ๐Ÿ‘—.png

They added a wardrobe to the guest bedroom but she's saying that HER stuff will go in there because there's not enough space for her thing in their wardrobe (remember, the wardrobe that they JUST had built in ???). She herself adds a "#logic" to that bit, yeahhh... After watching the entire video, I can tell you she has a lot of clothes.

Notice the fucked up flooring ? They had the wardrobe built in BEFORE changing the flooring, so now I guess they (or the workers...) will have to remove it all and put it all back after ?? #LOGIC
Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 14-37-47 We got new wardrobes ๐Ÿ‘—.png

Also, this is completely off topic, but she mentioned watching Home Alone for Christmas for the 20th time and it reminded me of something from a while ago : during one of her vlogs, she was watching the movie The Holiday and saying it was like her second favourite movie, so at the time I was curious and watched it. It was, I'm not kidding, the worst bleeping movie I have ever seen in my entire life. The plot, the acting, the dialogues... Everything is so DUMB. I had a really hard time finishing the movie, I could not believe Deligracy has watched it MULTIPLE TIMES and enjoyed it and claims it as one of her favourite movies... :oops:

MOVING ON...

She's showing James' new office closet and they mention that the walls aren't painted yet and also need to be sanded... WHY would you not do that BEFORE building the damn shelves ?? I'm sorry but WHAT IS THIS. It's been 5 minutes and I'm already losing it here.
She says that she's happy James and her are taking care of that painting job because "it keeps you humble, keeps you working hard", whatever the heck that means, especially when they're been giving all the work to people ???
Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 14-48-38 We got new wardrobes ๐Ÿ‘—.png

My god, she's delusional. She's explaining how she's gonna organize her wardrobe and she says that the higher shelf will be for handbags and proceeds to say "don't except your chanel or louis vuitton bags up there because I don't have a designer handbag collection like you might see with other youtubers". Girl what are you even talking about, weren't you showing off a 2500$ handbag on instagram ? Don't you buy 200$ sweatshirts every other day ??? 500$ shoes from James ??? My god.

"There was a time a few years ago where I was really into leather but now I'm more conscious of how these clothes are sourced... so I don't really buy leather anymore... EXCEPT HERE AND THERE FOR CORE ITEMS" ??? And didn't she buy those ugly shoes made of lamb skin a few months back and is showing them all the time ?? She's killing me

She spent 10 minutes explaining how she organized her side of the wardrobe but then says she "won't bother James side"... It was kind of awkward, she either doesn't care because it's not about her, or James didn't want to show his stuff (understandable).

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 15-12-44 We got new wardrobes ๐Ÿ‘—.png

She's all done with filling the wardrobe and explains that she's "really tired" from doing it. So that's the tiredness she's been feeling lately !! Ohhh poor Deligracy, working SO hard !!
She then talks about something else and then talks again about being "very tired" and even "really exhausted"... from moving stuff around the house when other people are actually doing all of the work.

Reactions: 4
Agreed, @Charlene78 and @jadepaula. She goes to great lengths to explain what's blatantly evident, like saying that the terrain brush can be round and square, bigger or smaller, that the pool is deeper than the fountain, but the actual landscaping is messy and hastily done and the end result is something I personally wouldn't be proud of.
This teaches nothing except that you should (sloppily) paint dirt under plants.

It's so obvious she chose to do this tutorial because it's the easiest thing ever. Who is this meant for? I guess, someone who cannot think intuitively and recognize that, if you click on a tree in the Build menu, it will take you to the outdoor plants section.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else watch Fantayzia? I like her content but I swear she has an obsession with crabs and STDs it's a storyline in every other video

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.