Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know a small channel that's doing something that sounds similar, just based on that little info.... So...

But, I mean, no idea is ever gonna be totally unique so... Can't really blame her for not looking and potentially ruining her idea (like if she was excited to do it and seeing other having done it ruined it for her, you know? Or if she saw/watched others and used their ideas instead of her own)... Sometimes it's better to just go in blind and do your own thing. I don't think it makes her lazy.
Kelsey has never had an original thought, she did 100 babies cause of Buzzfeed and has been coasting along on doing challenges everyone else is doing for views ever since.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So along with the period week, she's now introducing a couple of weeks of non-period pms for possible future excuses.

Also, a bit controversial, but I feel like the "Health must come first" narrative is overused by some.
Agreed 1000%. She is so damn privileged and can't even see it. I suffer from anxiety and depression too, but I don't have the luxury of taking time off work whenever I want. Health is important, but part of having mental health issues is learning how to live with them and work with or through them. And yes, sometimes taking a break is part of that process, but it's not a sustainable option every single time for the rest of your life. You're just setting yourself up for failure in the long run, at least in my opinion.

Honestly, she should go to the doctor if she's consistently missing periods. I don't know the details of her new "healthy" diet (eating organic everything doesn't guarantee you're eating healthfully!), but it's possible she's lacking the nutrients she needs. Wouldn't surprise me if Deli is unaware that certain fats are good for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Kelsey has never had an original thought, she did 100 babies cause of Buzzfeed and has been coasting along on doing challenges everyone else is doing for views ever since.
Agreed there is no way that Kelsey came up with an idea for any challenge let alone the occult baby challenge. I haven't watched the video all the way through but I did notice the people in the comments pointing out who came up with the original idea and some simstubers who have played it. Personally I do think it's lazy to not bother doing a few minutes if research to see if there is a challenge that is similar to one you are planning on playing. It's kinda considered respectful to give credit where applicable and the excuse of I didn't check to see if anyone else did it first doesn't work for me. She didn't have to watch anyone else's videos or read a full on blog post but a simple credit goes to x goes a long way. Wow sorry I'm apparently very opinionated on this.

Reactions: 2
Someone really needs to clue Kelsey into the fact that she was so popular because of the people at Buzzfeed and their editors. Sure, she can "redo" the 100 Baby challenge with whatever spin she wants to throw at it, BUT unless she can make content on par with that series, she'll never reach that level of success. 730k subscribers and barely 1.6 million views a month tells me there is a problem, probably a "you're boring" problem.

One good thing, it didn't take her TWELVE minutes of a 19 minute video to get to actual gameplay. I love the new feature on Youtube, might be desktop only, where you can see the retention graph for a video and boy oh boy, did people skip to the actual gameplay. Unlike other simmers, she is at least capable of learning. Now if she could come up with an interesting idea and a storyline, we might have something actually watchable. As it is now, we have another run of the mill simmer doing the 100 baby challenge, again, for the sake of money. :rolleyes:

One of my issues with Kelsey is how she only wants things to be easy, which is so boring to watch. In her new occult baby thing, she's using the original 100 Baby challenge Sim with a bunch of traits maxed and some reward traits that made it super easy to get with Greg and Vlad. In her latest NSB series, she moved her Sim into university dorms and then into student housing when he's supposed to be in a needs TLC apartment for the whole YA stage, and sent him to school so he'll start at level 8 in the criminal career - the hardest career in the game to max - when he graduates.

Hilarious that she calls herself Kelsey Dangerous yet never does anything challenging :LOL:

One good thing, it didn't take her TWELVE minutes of a 19 minute video to get to actual gameplay. I love the new feature on Youtube, might be desktop only, where you can see the retention graph for a video and boy oh boy, did people skip to the actual gameplay.
Oh boy, that feature is hilarious, but might have unintentional repercussions for people who do paid adverts in their videos: I was watching a cooking channel one where the guy did a recipe, did an advert for a wine company, then did another recipe, and the retention graph shows this MASSIVE dip through the advert, then a huge peak when the second recipe started, and that pattern repeats in almost all videos across the board, from movie reviewers sponsored by Squarespace to Costubers sponsored by eco-shampoo firms.

If the advertisers start analysing that type of data some Youtubers might start suffering.

Reactions: 4
If the advertisers start analysing that type of data some Youtubers might start suffering.
I think most Youtubers are going to be suffering anyway. LOTS of advertisers are slashing budgets and cutting staff because of the looming economic downturn. The first thing to cut is often the paid sponsorships and advertising budget. Youtube is also having a hard time getting advertisers, so they told their preferred channels to expect less ads. Here's the problem with those sponsorships, there are TONS of contractually obligated things you have to do. You have to read their prepared script, put the ads where they dictate in the video and send it to them for approval etc. Most creators are super lazy and use company assets/trailers and kill their retention/watch time. Money > Quality

Reactions: 2
While I know that many people say that it's okay to not follow all the rules of a challenge so long as you are having fun I still think that the point of doing a challenge is to do the challenging parts. I've seen people not do the jokestar aspiration in the not so berry pink gen because you can't have two careers at once. Despite the fact you can get to level 5 of the entertainment career to complete that bit of the aspiration before working as a detective. It's frustrating to watch people take the easy way in a game that's really easy. Maybe it's because I go out of my way to make the game harder and that's why I like James videos because he likes to struggle.

Reactions: 5
Oh boy, that feature is hilarious, but might have unintentional repercussions for people who do paid adverts in their videos: I was watching a cooking channel one where the guy did a recipe, did an advert for a wine company, then did another recipe, and the retention graph shows this MASSIVE dip through the advert, then a huge peak when the second recipe started, and that pattern repeats in almost all videos across the board, from movie reviewers sponsored by Squarespace to Costubers sponsored by eco-shampoo firms.

Me. I'm one of these people. I skip those adverts so bleeping fast 🤣

Clare does them, SKIP. Same for anyone else. I hate the ads YT/YTers jam in the middle of videos, I'm sure as duck not sitting through your BS spiel about how much you love this random product I'm sure you've never used 🤣

While I know that many people say that it's okay to not follow all the rules of a challenge so long as you are having fun I still think that the point of doing a challenge is to do the challenging parts. I've seen people not do the jokestar aspiration in the not so berry pink gen because you can't have two careers at once. Despite the fact you can get to level 5 of the entertainment career to complete that bit of the aspiration before working as a detective. It's frustrating to watch people take the easy way in a game that's really easy. Maybe it's because I go out of my way to make the game harder and that's why I like James videos because he likes to struggle.
I semi agree, but, honestly, I'd rather someone skip something that they don't enjoy rather than watch them do something they clearly do not enjoy and aren't having fun with. If they're still doing the challenge but skipping one part, fine. If they're skipping EVERYTHING, then they aren't doing the challenge and that's different.

If they're still doing the challenge but skipping one part, fine. If they're skipping EVERYTHING, then they aren't doing the challenge and that's different.
What are your thoughts on Lilsimsie locking the toddlers in a room, so she doesn't have to deal with them, while doing the 100 Baby Challenge or people cheating up needs so they don't have to waste time fulfilling them? Does that defeat the challenge?

Reactions: 1
I just watched a few minutes of that uture thing lilsimsie is on and then clicked off. It’s professional but… self indulgent? Looking at the views on the channel it can’t be doing as well as they expected, surely.

Props to Ali A for not making Clare a judge, though!

I agree 100%. If you're doing a challenge, then you don't cheat your sim's needs when it suits you or marry someone rich for the quick money. You do the freaking challenge because that is why it's called a challenge. If I see someone cheating at a challenge, I start to wonder why I'm even watching this.

Reactions: 7
ok so addressing deligracys instagram story because myself and a few others noticed how different her face looked in the strangest way in her last few videos. she made a point of saying about how ageing naturally defines your cheek bones more and lifts your eyebrows.. however i’m not sure you age over night with those things hahahah i knew something was up with her face but she made a story saying she hasn’t got any work done and it just looks like it because she mentioned it. she’s so full of tit

81B3DCB8-23D3-42BB-883D-8EFC40E35057.png
EF2491B1-A45E-4FF7-B076-0ECF638BC861.png
C81A5E51-6E75-4931-BC3F-CFF7B7832294.png
these were all taken march/april

vs

now and her most recent yt video

239E1B1D-08F9-4C9F-AFFB-2189F2F0D348.png
BEF50A1E-21D9-4C6B-97B6-154835C5366D.png
DC5BE78A-494C-4E98-9488-4535C9F44CD3.png

I don't know whether she has or hasn't done anything to her face, but my god is she the cringiest person on my Instagram stories. I can see her browsing for hours about celebrity plastic surgeries and watching Lorri Hill videos, low-key considering how much would it cost for her to get a buccal fat removal.

Between her Instagram/vlog content and especially the latest "How to build" videos, I can't shake the impression that she really is kinda daft.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
ok so addressing deligracys instagram story because myself and a few others noticed how different her face looked in the strangest way in her last few videos. she made a point of saying about how ageing naturally defines your cheek bones more and lifts your eyebrows.. however i’m not sure you age over night with those things hahahah i knew something was up with her face but she made a story saying she hasn’t got any work done and it just looks like it because she mentioned it. she’s so full of tit
I checked a couple stills from videos (her most recent one and random older ones up to 2020 ; pics are from most recent to oldest) and to me it doesn't look like her eyebrows have been lifted. On her Instagram reels and in her latest video she was raising her eyebrows. I feel like she's changed the way she plucks and draws her eyebrows multiple times. At one point she had them really thick and I think now they're actually shorter than before. She also lost a lot of weight so that would explain the cheeks being thinner. Either way, the Instagram reels were reallyyyy random lol...

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 12-37-30 I quit (The Sims 4 Werewolves - pt 9).png

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 12-37-35 The Sims 4 Werewolves Build & Buy review!.png

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 12-37-38 Christmas was weird this year.png

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 12-37-52 Empty apartment tour.png

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 12-37-56 Is this pack fan-made or by The Sims .. It's that good you c...png

I checked a couple stills from videos (her most recent one and random older ones up to 2020 ; pics are from most recent to oldest) and to me it doesn't look like her eyebrows have been lifted. On her Instagram reels and in her latest video she was raising her eyebrows. I feel like she's changed the way she plucks and draws her eyebrows multiple times. At one point she had them really thick and I think now they're actually shorter than before. She also lost a lot of weight so that would explain the cheeks being thinner. Either way, the Instagram reels were reallyyyy random lol...

View attachment 1408205
View attachment 1408208
View attachment 1408209
View attachment 1408211
View attachment 1408212
I thought it was the filter on the insta stories that made her look that way?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.