Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I managed to read the whole thing I didn't really understand the point he was trying to make it was so badly written and he lost any respect I may have had when he claimed EA had given him split personality I cannot even begin to say how wrong and inappropriate that statement is. Also calling yourself a sims community manager to imply that you work for EA directly when you are simply the manager of a website called the Sims community is a bit shady. I am in no way saying that EA is a great company far from it.
He very obviously has mental health issues, and I do feel some kind soul in real life should perhaps encourage him to step down as manager, even for a bit, and let some of the other employees run the site for a while, so he can get himself on an even keel again, hopefully.

One has to feel a little sorry for the poor EA employee tasked with handing out the Game Changer/freebies/news stuff though: you wouldn't really want to give an ungrateful and vipurative person any more goodies or contribute to his delusions by trying to rein him in when he flings spoilers all over the place. But at the same time, the headline "EA dumps community member from long-running collaborative programme due to mental health reasons" is really not a good one, yikes.

Reactions: 1
I genuinely didn’t realise he was talking about himself when I read the post lol, I thought he was talking about simgurus haha

Is she not continuing it? I wonder what her next big series will be
I think she said she wants to continue the Disney Princess challenge seeing as she never actually finished it

Her disney princess challenge was terrible it was just an excuse to get princess cc and download castles from the gallery. I'm not sure if it's the fault of the person who created the challenge or clarea ability to play but there was no substance to it.

Reactions: 4
Her disney princess challenge was terrible it was just an excuse to get princess cc and download castles from the gallery. I'm not sure if it's the fault of the person who created the challenge or clarea ability to play but there was no substance to it.
I think it’s cos she tried to basically recreate the Disney movies rather than just play the rules of the challenge whilst making her own story. I think playing the NSB will help with that though

Reactions: 3
Oh my god, when did Hatsy come back? Seriously, gone for year and a half, then comes back to a resounding MEH. 10-20k views on her new videos. Considering the amount of work that goes into those videos and the views she is getting, I don't imagine she'll hang around very long. Sims content and what is popular has changed in almost 2 years. GoodChills Studio and many other machinima channels are seeing their views drop off a cliff. The crap they were passing off as "content" is no longer engaging the kiddies, so I wonder what is next for them? Actual engaging stories and not 90's telemundo level clickbait? I guess we will see.
Wait what…. Oh god no.
I saw her on twitter trying to clap back at someone for calling her out for her really creepy thumbnails. Unfortunately the original tweet got deleted but everyone in the replies were agreeing about how she has the weirdest thumbnails and storylines that involve child romance on thumbnails or extreme weight loss which can be triggering for some people. And she does try to target them towards a younger audience.
B3200D7D-5BDF-4057-A221-31D52B02DBD7.png
E311F08D-401F-45DB-9274-0EC2905D8D89.png

He very obviously has mental health issues, and I do feel some kind soul in real life should perhaps encourage him to step down as manager, even for a bit, and let some of the other employees run the site for a while, so he can get himself on an even keel again, hopefully.

One has to feel a little sorry for the poor EA employee tasked with handing out the Game Changer/freebies/news stuff though: you wouldn't really want to give an ungrateful and vipurative person any more goodies or contribute to his delusions by trying to rein him in when he flings spoilers all over the place. But at the same time, the headline "EA dumps community member from long-running collaborative programme due to mental health reasons" is really not a good one, yikes.
I think it’s incredibly cheeky of Jovan to be tarnishing EA as he is, even referencing the community manager by name and leaving the impression that the CM is the root of a lot of his anguish, he should be asked to leave the programme. Even the other game changers can’t quite believe what he’s doing. If EA are this terrible company to work with As a content creator, I can’t imagine why he would want to continue. Oh but if course he needs his free games, expense paid trips and Days out at Disney and free merchandise for his website because without that he would struggle. He would still have his website but he needs early access more than his pride or principals it would appear.

Reactions: 5
I saw her on twitter trying to clap back at someone for calling her out for her really creepy thumbnails. Unfortunately the original tweet got deleted but everyone in the replies were agreeing about how she has the weirdest thumbnails and storylines that involve child romance on thumbnails or extreme weight loss which can be triggering for some people. And she does try to target them towards a younger audience.
I love how she gets on her high horse about her content. Honey, it is plain to anyone with eyeballs that you make your content to entice kids and teens to click on your videos because MONEY. Look at any kids channel, bright colors, kids on thumbnails, clickbait stories. Her channel is basically the Sims version of My Storytime Animated. I just don't know how she can defend stories about plastic surgery addicted bimbos, belle delphine lookalikes, kidnap/imprison and sugar daddy stories. That's WAY different than kids giving each other flowers or pretending like they are married. Also, the way she is talking about romance being a stage of life, that rubs me the wrong way. What does that even mean?

I think it’s cos she tried to basically recreate the Disney movies rather than just play the rules of the challenge whilst making her own story. I think playing the NSB will help with that though
This. And she sped through it so fast. It was like 4 episodes per generation. She cut way too much out and it wasn't engaging. She's done better with NSB so I hope she does a different legacy challenge or redoes the Disney princess one and does it better.

I mean, so many people do the Disney Princess one and I don't think I've been as bored with any of them as with hers....

Reactions: 2
They do play it, it's just that there isn't that much content in that pack after all. I think Deli's werewolf became an alpha and there's basically not much more to it. Since they all do let's plays that focus exclusively on the new pack and not integrate it with some other stuff that we have in the game, it gets old quickly.

You can see that people tune in at the beginning of every LP to see whether she put the same effort into setting up the story as she used to... and then the views quickly go downhill when they realize that she doesn't.

LP's need to have a base, not rely entirely on what the new pack offers. You either have to have some challenge involved (like rags to riches) or focus on storytelling and characters to keep people engaged. TS4 is not the type of game that writes its own stories, you have to create them.
James‘ Let’s plays are good because he does this.

It helps that the bigwallets are well known developed family with history and back story. It's pure luck that there are vampires in the recent family but I do give James credit for using them in his let's play. We all know deli would not do that she and many others do not have the ability to come up with a storyline that makes sense and encompasses elements from other packs.

Can anyone recommend a simstuber that makes industrial or modern builds I'm looking for inspiration on a converted loft build for my green not so berry gen.

Can anyone recommend a simstuber that makes industrial or modern builds I'm looking for inspiration on a converted loft build for my green not so berry gen.
Yes, I really like Marmelad and Schnuck and I would totally recommend them. I like their builds and their style. I also like their channels because they make stop motion videos and I really like that. I don’t always like speedbuilds because they’re really fast sometimes and then they make me nauseous or tired.
That’s the reason why I like Devon Bumpkin :) his videos are more chill.

So: Marmelad or Schnuck, haha! O, and Lucy!

Last edited:
I don't understand who could actually need Deli's videos right now. She's literally explaining stuff like "for a kitchen, you will need a fridge and a counter and..." or "you will need a mailbox". She's also talking in a slow pace. Are those videos for little kids ??
Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 16-32-11 How to furnish a house in The Sims 4 (Building Basics).png

Damn these people are easy to please....
Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 16-37-22 How to furnish a house in The Sims 4 (Building Basics).png

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes, I really like Marmelad and Schnuck and I would totally recommend them. I like their builds and their style. I also like their channels because they make stop motion videos and I really like that. I don’t always like speedbuilds because they’re really fast sometimes and then they make me nauseous or tired.
That’s the reason why I like Devon Bumpkin :) his videos are more chill.

So: Marmelad or Schnuck, haha! O, and Lucy!
I love all the builders you’ve named. Stop motion builders are the absolute best in my opinion due to their ingenuity unlike any of the builders. I find speed builds literally nauseating too haha. I enjoy DB’s chill Let’s Builds.

I don't understand who could actually need Deli's videos right now. She's literally explaining stuff like "for a kitchen, you will need a fridge and a counter and..." or "you will need a mailbox". She's also talking in a slow pace. Are those videos for little kids ??
View attachment 1401749

Damn these people are easy to please....
View attachment 1401756
At least there are a few people in the comments with some common sense.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I love how she gets on her high horse about her content. Honey, it is plain to anyone with eyeballs that you make your content to entice kids and teens to click on your videos because MONEY. Look at any kids channel, bright colors, kids on thumbnails, clickbait stories. Her channel is basically the Sims version of My Storytime Animated. I just don't know how she can defend stories about plastic surgery addicted bimbos, belle delphine lookalikes, kidnap/imprison and sugar daddy stories. That's WAY different than kids giving each other flowers or pretending like they are married. Also, the way she is talking about romance being a stage of life, that rubs me the wrong way. What does that even mean?
I’m pretty sure people can experience romance and even crushes at any age. Not everyone just goes through one phase of romance like she’s trying to say. She seems so dim and ignorant to a lot of things. I remember in her old building videos she would constantly gossip about people and specifically her own family drama and she has a second channel called hatsyfit ( idk if it’s still there) but it used to be a normal second channel and she made full videos talking about her own personal family drama which is just so trashy. She would also be so dramatic when telling them which I get was a trend at the time but I feel like it came off as her trying to make them out to be the worst and her as a completely innocent angel. Obviously all her fans would just side with her and some people are dedicated enough to find the names of these people. It’s especially easy since they were related and it could cause a lot of problems. I don’t think anything happened with her sister getting harassed but it’s still not a good look for her. She doesn’t even interact with the rest of the sims community anymore and I have a feeling she’s just a drama starter irl. I know that was a long rant but she’s always annoyed me with her over sharing and her problematic machinimas and seeing her back made me need to get it off my chest.

Kelsey posted an occult baby challenge and said she didn’t bother checking whether anyone had already done a similar challenge. That’s so lazy for a “professional sims player”

Kelsey posted an occult baby challenge and said she didn’t bother checking whether anyone had already done a similar challenge. That’s so lazy for a “professional sims player”
I know a small channel that's doing something that sounds similar, just based on that little info.... So...

But, I mean, no idea is ever gonna be totally unique so... Can't really blame her for not looking and potentially ruining her idea (like if she was excited to do it and seeing other having done it ruined it for her, you know? Or if she saw/watched others and used their ideas instead of her own)... Sometimes it's better to just go in blind and do your own thing. I don't think it makes her lazy.

Deligracy complaining one more time about being tired, the usual stuff
Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 09-41-30 Stories • Instagram.png
Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 09-41-26 Stories • Instagram.png

This is a dumb petpeeve of mine but... I hate when people have decoration that don't make sense like random piles of books that they never touch or a full bookshelf full of only decor and decorative books (Deli has 2 shelves in her house and they're both like that). I'm talking about these piles that she has. Well I guess this one has more stuff than the one in the living room, but she buys these random big books like 100 BEAUTIFUL HOUSES and she piles them up. So weird to me lol.
Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 09-39-07 Stories • Instagram.png

Deligracy complaining one more time about being tired, the usual stuff
So along with the period week, she's now introducing a couple of weeks of non-period pms for possible future excuses.

Also, a bit controversial, but I feel like the "Health must come first" narrative is overused by some. Of course health must come first, but to me it seems some people have quite a low threshold for what being stressed and overworked means. Deli is renovating her house, which, to be fair, takes some time and scheduling. But she's also doing what she wants and has the means to do it. In addition to that, she's on an all organic diet and exercise program set up by her PT, has the ability to take time off whenever she wants without consequences, has a supportive partner and the only other being she has to take care of is Bowser, who is sent on a party bus and doggy daycare every week. Not to mention all the work is done by workers so the only inconvenience is moving stuff around. Makes you wonder what IS exactly a non-stressed living situation for Deli. A life where her subscribers financially support her for months even without content, James being the errand boy and Deli browsing and buying all organic clothes and furniture?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
So along with the period week, she's now introducing a couple of weeks of non-period pms for possible future excuses.

Also, a bit controversial, but I feel like the "Health must come first" narrative is overused by some. Of course health must come first, but to me it seems some people have quite a low threshold for what being stressed and overworked means. Deli is renovating her house, which, to be fair, takes some time and scheduling. But she's also doing what she wants and has the means to do it. In addition to that, she's on an all organic diet and exercise program set up by her PT, has the ability to take time off whenever she wants without consequences, has a supportive partner and the only other being she has to take care of is Bowser, who is sent on a party bus and doggy daycare every week. Not to mention all the work is done by workers so the only inconvenience is moving stuff around. Makes you wonder what IS exactly a non-stressed living situation for Deli. A life where her subscribers financially support her for months even without content, James being the errand boy and Deli browsing and buying all organic clothes and furniture?
Makes you wonder if she has an health issue she doesn't know about, like a vitamin deficiency or something... She should get a blood test. Like you said, she has no work schedule, no specific stressful or demanding activities (she can put off working out etc), no kids, is on an healthy diet (should be getting lots of nutrients), is getting enough sleep... So there is no reason for her to be so tired all the time. This isn't a critic, it happens to a lot of people, being tired for no reason is not really normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.