Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, Deli's Werewolves let's play must be dry af. 37k views from a week ago, 22k views from a day ago. YIKES! And that's with a pack that functions. How low do you think her numbers need to go, before she makes a change to her content? I think she needs to dip below 10k to take action. As long as she has James doing all the work and her merch paying for her lifestyle, she's content. I wish her the best of luck, with $8 heads of iceberg lettuce and buying a house at the top of the real estate market. Eventually, it's all going to come crashing down.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Yep, about a year ago and then 2 years before that. Have the building tools changed that much, that we need tutorials every single year? Isn't that the point of house builds, to watch someone create and talk about how they got certain features? I've noticed a lot of simmers recycling ideas. Lilsimsie, Plumbella and now Deli. The content well must be empty.
So she needed to pre-record a couple of videos and thought "What could I record that is easy and fast? Oh yes, a very basic build tutorial for this 8 year-old game! I can show them how to put walls up and down and go over all the basic options that people can easily find themselves and bam, that's 20 min of content!"
Has anyone ever looked up the answers she gets when asking for video ideas ??

Sorry but what is it with simtubers and crying about their periods? I get horrendous periods bimonthly but still turn up to work and get the job done, I’d give anything if I could just sit and play sims during.
Thank you very much !

Didn't she make one of those videos ages ago ? The game has been out for bleeping 80 years, do players really need those anymore ?

View attachment 1396516
(Yes I'm bitching just to witch okay, there hasn't been a lot of content lately)
She’s not even a good builder in the first place and is the last simmer I’d watch for build tutorials.

Reactions: 2
Why isn’t Deli playing warewolves? I’ve saw very few people play it besides James Turner.
They do play it, it's just that there isn't that much content in that pack after all. I think Deli's werewolf became an alpha and there's basically not much more to it. Since they all do let's plays that focus exclusively on the new pack and not integrate it with some other stuff that we have in the game, it gets old quickly.

Most of the time it's 95% Let's Play but she just ignores that suggestion, unless there is a pack she can milk coming out.
You can see that people tune in at the beginning of every LP to see whether she put the same effort into setting up the story as she used to... and then the views quickly go downhill when they realize that she doesn't.

LP's need to have a base, not rely entirely on what the new pack offers. You either have to have some challenge involved (like rags to riches) or focus on storytelling and characters to keep people engaged. TS4 is not the type of game that writes its own stories, you have to create them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
You can see that people tune in at the beginning of every LP to see whether she put the same effort into setting up the story as she used to... and then the views quickly go downhill when they realize that she doesn't.
Tbf this is pretty standard for all LPs from all simmers, the first video or two always has the most views compared to later episodes. Her views are a lot lower than expected though.

I've tried to watch hers and it's boring. She named her sims Wolf and Moon, like way to think outside to box. It's funny that James' LP is much more entertaining, even though they're doing similar things (YA brother and teen sister from the previous LP, with the brother joining the nicer pack and the sister joining the meaner one).

It's funny that James' LP is much more entertaining, even though they're doing similar things
That's what I was saying about LPs. You need to have something that makes people keep watching. James has his tried and true formula, he does rags to riches with the well-known Bigwallets and he doesn't make it easy on himself. He interacts with the viewers, reads the comments and doesn't keep making mistakes over and over with people yelling in the comments. His personality is also a big draw, I'd say.

Oh my god, when did Hatsy come back? Seriously, gone for year and a half, then comes back to a resounding MEH. 10-20k views on her new videos. Considering the amount of work that goes into those videos and the views she is getting, I don't imagine she'll hang around very long. Sims content and what is popular has changed in almost 2 years. GoodChills Studio and many other machinima channels are seeing their views drop off a cliff. The crap they were passing off as "content" is no longer engaging the kiddies, so I wonder what is next for them? Actual engaging stories and not 90's telemundo level clickbait? I guess we will see.

Reactions: 1
They do play it, it's just that there isn't that much content in that pack after all. I think Deli's werewolf became an alpha and there's basically not much more to it. Since they all do let's plays that focus exclusively on the new pack and not integrate it with some other stuff that we have in the game, it gets old quickly.
It's a cute little pack, but the content is very much on the same level as vampire and spellcasters, and if you go the easy route and level up super-quick, plus get all the positive perks and traits, you soon become hilariously overpowered and the game gets stale.

Whereas if you play like James Turner, and make your vampire immediately unlikeable to everyone he meets due to his "Fatal Flaw", make your werewolf insanely aggressive due to judicious combinations of traits, and make the other werewolf a dope who just wants to befriend a stray fluffy puppy...it can remain interesting enough to support a shortish Lets' Play. Combining the packs is the wisest thing you can do for a Lets' Play.

(I've got a house share of angry anti-capitalist werewolves, a snobby prissy vampire and a B-list celebrity who wants to be a millionaire, the chaos and conflict is quite good fun)

Totally agree about the lets plays. There has to be a reason for people to watch new episodes each week. I'm a legacy type player so I'm a sucker for anything with a good storyline unfortunately there's not many good let's plays so I settle for mediocre like lilsimsies short legacy just because its at least reliable content.

I've just read the introduction to Jovan's article. What a load of hyperbolic, poorly written, privileged rubbish.
How many people can take an impromptu holiday to lick their wounds after they have feedback they do not like? How many people can cherry pick the parts of their job they want to do?
I haven't only get into the main meat of the article but why is he using such a strange, overly narrative writing style? Doesn't reinforce his point but instead makes him look overdramatic and distracts from his point.

Send me free stuff !!! It's too funny because it literally feels like an ad but it's Not gifted Not sponsored 😂
Screenshot 2022-07-07 at 07-56-51 Stories • Instagram.png

This "blend" is 30$ for 100g, I'm dying

I was thinking about Deli wanting to rebrand as a "healthy influencer"/vlogger or whatever and I'm confused : if she wanted to build herself a new career, shouldn't she be uploading videos way more often and try to grow her new channel ? Seems like she's happy staying at 30k subcribers and putting in the least of effort possible. People have been asking her for gardening and cooking videos but it's always showing like 2 minutes of it, she doesn't make actual videos with recipes and whatnot.

Send me free stuff !!! It's too funny because it literally feels like an ad but it's Not gifted Not sponsored 😂
View attachment 1398333
This "blend" is 30$ for 100g, I'm dying

I was thinking about Deli wanting to rebrand as a "healthy influencer"/vlogger or whatever and I'm confused : if she wanted to build herself a new career, shouldn't she be uploading videos way more often and try to grow her new channel ? Seems like she's happy staying at 30k subcribers and putting in the least of effort possible. People have been asking her for gardening and cooking videos but it's always showing like 2 minutes of it, she doesn't make actual videos with recipes and whatnot.
Do you reckon all influences only tag companys so they can get free stuff since it isn't an ad?
Makes them look desperate, just buy it yourself 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I've just read the introduction to Jovan's article. What a load of hyperbolic, poorly written, privileged rubbish.
How many people can take an impromptu holiday to lick their wounds after they have feedback they do not like? How many people can cherry pick the parts of their job they want to do?
I haven't only get into the main meat of the article but why is he using such a strange, overly narrative writing style? Doesn't reinforce his point but instead makes him look overdramatic and distracts from his point.
I managed to read the whole thing I didn't really understand the point he was trying to make it was so badly written and he lost any respect I may have had when he claimed EA had given him split personality I cannot even begin to say how wrong and inappropriate that statement is. Also calling yourself a sims community manager to imply that you work for EA directly when you are simply the manager of a website called the Sims community is a bit shady. I am in no way saying that EA is a great company far from it.

Reactions: 6
I wish Clare Siobhan had more variety of sims content. Atm it’s just the Not So Berry that I gave up on, and a werewolf let’s play I’m not interested in. Would be nice if she did some more one off videos

I wish Clare Siobhan had more variety of sims content. Atm it’s just the Not So Berry that I gave up on, and a werewolf let’s play I’m not interested in. Would be nice if she did some more one off videos
NSB is starting to get boring because it’s coming to a close. If there was actually something to do in the episodes it would still be fun but she’s basically just waiting for the last sim to die and that’s it.

I managed to read the whole thing I didn't really understand the point he was trying to make it was so badly written and he lost any respect I may have had when he claimed EA had given him split personality I cannot even begin to say how wrong and inappropriate that statement is. Also calling yourself a sims community manager to imply that you work for EA directly when you are simply the manager of a website called the Sims community is a bit shady. I am in no way saying that EA is a great company far from it.
I genuinely didn’t realise he was talking about himself when I read the post lol, I thought he was talking about simgurus haha

NSB is starting to get boring because it’s coming to a close. If there was actually something to do in the episodes it would still be fun but she’s basically just waiting for the last sim to die and that’s it.
Is she not continuing it? I wonder what her next big series will be

Clare should do some type of legacy play as that gets her views and she seems to like playing something with rules to follow. I agree her nsb is a bit boring probably because she has no direction. When she pretends that her Sims get pregnant without her say so it annoys me. Firstly you control them and have set risky woohoo to a certain percentage if you don't want a baby have risky woohoo at 0. Also she could have done a storyline where she puts her toddler up for adoption if she really wanted to do a realistic storyline. I'm saying there's options other than having a 70 year old with a toddler.

Reactions: 1
Yep, about a year ago and then 2 years before that. Have the building tools changed that much, that we need tutorials every single year? Isn't that the point of house builds, to watch someone create and talk about how they got certain features? I've noticed a lot of simmers recycling ideas. Lilsimsie, Plumbella and now Deli. The content well must be empty.
Their BRAIN well is empty. Plenty of people are having fun playing the game and not recycling the same two ideas over and over. It's just... These clowns just haven't realized there's more than one ring in the circus... 🤷‍♀️

Most of the time it's 95% Let's Play but she just ignores that suggestion, unless there is a pack she can milk coming out.
I mean, I understand her ignoring those suggestions. She hasn't had an original idea in.... Years... So it'd be really hard to do an LP that's different. And then, to have to KEEP UP with it? What the hell are they even asking. That's so hard!! 🙄

Why isn’t Deli playing warewolves? I’ve saw very few people play it besides James Turner.
Clare is...
Also... Lady Sweet Tart Sims, Luna Wendee, Spacey Sims, Living Dead Gal Sims...

Ok.... I thought more of the small channels I sub to had LPs, but... No... Well, still, I'm sure there's more. Just find small channels. There's plenty out there. Though it's a slog to find good ones but... They're better than half the large channels of you can handle the ages of digging 🤣

(though I should mention Lady Sweet Tart does SAY WEREWOOF 🙄 and one other. But I forget which... So... Warning LMAO)

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.