Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

custosmorum

Chatty Member
Were they heavily frontloaded, meaning lots of ads at the beginning and none/few at the end? If so, that is purely on Youtube.
Yeah, probably just Youtube being Youtube, it's just that I haven't noticed them being that annoying on other youtubers' videos. With James recently, there are always 2 at the beginning, but I've had several of these 2-ad breaks during the video, plus anytime I would check the message on my phone and go back to the video it would also prompt one. It gets annoying really fast.

Reactions: 1

mummy_3

Chatty Member
I like whiney Brit. I like her humour and watch most of her uploads. I usually just watch her, Kesley and James really. Plumbella doesn't get as many watches from me now but I still look in now and then if it's an interesting video idea

Snackerdoodledoo

Also a Pixelade video showed up on my home page and he is just so dramatic. I'm not defending EA but the reality is that the only bug I encountered was the aging one when I tried it out and most players play on normal lifespan anyway. It's so funny how he can't even credit other creators, but can make bad clikbait even for Sims content standards.
View attachment 1475285
The only issues I've had was my Sim wanted to ask his twin brother to be his BF. And this was AFTER the patch that supposedly got rid of it 🤣.
But Lumpinou made a mod to re-roll wants so... Bye bye creepy incest. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues with the pack honestly. So... Yeah, agree that this is click bait drama.

I mean, yeah the aging this was wack, but they fixed that pretty fast and there were work around. Sure it's irritating, but it's not unplayable

anniemouse

VIP Member
I have never been able to work out if lilsimsie genuinely dislikes every single piece of furniture in the game or if she just does the oh my god it's hideous crap just to get people to tell her how great she is at building. It's annoying to watch her have access to everything for free and not utilise it. Meanwhile I try and use a wide variety off items because I paid for them.
I know, I don’t have any of the kits apart from Bust The Dust which I don’t use as I got annoyed with the dust bunnies. I’d love to see if the other kits have better curtains as the curtains really annoy me in this game but I’m not wasting money on tiny kits. I did the living room in my legacy house yesterday and it was so much fun doing different colours and styles from what I’ve done before.

anniemouse

VIP Member
Yep, still all bestie. I don't mind the gay thing cause I'm gay and I do that with my friends- but I guess the difference is that I don't make youtube videos 🤷‍♀️
But you’re probably more than that with your friends and they’ll see and love all of you. If that’s all she’s showing to the public then people would get fed up.

MidnightAura

VIP Member
I think with Sims 5 there will be a lot of GC climb out of the woodwork. Some of them are waiting for it in the hope they get early access probably to give their channel a boost. Many game changers enjoy the free dlc even if they don’t use it.

I expect many of them who are coasting along ignoring all the negative things about the sims 4 and pretending it’s the best game ever will upon the launch of 5 throw the sims 4 under the bus. Some of them did that when the sims 4 came out, even the devs did it!

custosmorum

Chatty Member
Anyone noticed the spike in ads on James’ videos? I just watched the 2nd part of his mansion build and, while it is 50 min long, I found there were a lot of ads, which was a bit distracting.

Snackerdoodledoo

Kelsey posted an occult baby challenge and said she didn’t bother checking whether anyone had already done a similar challenge. That’s so lazy for a “professional sims player”
I know a small channel that's doing something that sounds similar, just based on that little info.... So...

But, I mean, no idea is ever gonna be totally unique so... Can't really blame her for not looking and potentially ruining her idea (like if she was excited to do it and seeing other having done it ruined it for her, you know? Or if she saw/watched others and used their ideas instead of her own)... Sometimes it's better to just go in blind and do your own thing. I don't think it makes her lazy.

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
I find it kind of strange that Claire knows the gender of her baby but still refers to him as “it” a lot 😂

Charlene78

Chatty Member
ok so addressing deligracys instagram story because myself and a few others noticed how different her face looked in the strangest way in her last few videos. she made a point of saying about how ageing naturally defines your cheek bones more and lifts your eyebrows.. however i’m not sure you age over night with those things hahahah i knew something was up with her face but she made a story saying she hasn’t got any work done and it just looks like it because she mentioned it. she’s so full of shit
I checked a couple stills from videos (her most recent one and random older ones up to 2020 ; pics are from most recent to oldest) and to me it doesn't look like her eyebrows have been lifted. On her Instagram reels and in her latest video she was raising her eyebrows. I feel like she's changed the way she plucks and draws her eyebrows multiple times. At one point she had them really thick and I think now they're actually shorter than before. She also lost a lot of weight so that would explain the cheeks being thinner. Either way, the Instagram reels were reallyyyy random lol...

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 12-37-30 I quit (The Sims 4 Werewolves - pt 9).png

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 12-37-35 The Sims 4 Werewolves Build & Buy review!.png

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 12-37-38 Christmas was weird this year.png

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 12-37-52 Empty apartment tour.png

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 12-37-56 Is this pack fan-made or by The Sims .. It's that good you c...png

Charlene78

Chatty Member
It may be because she's more focused on material things and her physical appearance, rather than finding interests, or a profession even, that would truly fulfill her. [...] If there isn't something else that keeps your mind interested and happy, you easily find yourself in a place where, in an attempt to compensate for what's missing, you believe that new clothes or new cushions will make you feel better, but that always ends up being a temporary dose of happiness.
I think you said you've been following her for years, do you think Deligracy is changing that materialistic aspect of hers a bit ? Would you say it's worse today or better ?

Quinny

I wonder if it depends on who you watch as she’s so negative all the time it bugs me. I just watched JT’s build buy one and I’m all Ooh lots of cool stuff, maybe I will go and preorder it.
Yeah, I thought it looked amazing but she didn't seem very enthusiastic about it. I've only seen Plumbella's review so far.

Charlene78

Chatty Member
Yep, about a year ago and then 2 years before that. Have the building tools changed that much, that we need tutorials every single year? Isn't that the point of house builds, to watch someone create and talk about how they got certain features? I've noticed a lot of simmers recycling ideas. Lilsimsie, Plumbella and now Deli. The content well must be empty.
So she needed to pre-record a couple of videos and thought "What could I record that is easy and fast? Oh yes, a very basic build tutorial for this 8 year-old game! I can show them how to put walls up and down and go over all the basic options that people can easily find themselves and bam, that's 20 min of content!"
Has anyone ever looked up the answers she gets when asking for video ideas ??

Robot2350

Chatty Member
I find it crazy that Deli hasn't posted anything in 6-7 days but posted on Instagram about her Monday workout routine and then a picture of her sitting on the sofa yesterday. I guess being self concious like a crazy person about her "panda eyes" was too draining to film content... (it did take a lot of instagram content that day) 🤭 But more seriously, she isn't sick or busy or away, I guess she's not hiding her laziness anymore. Sounds nice not having a boss and not having to make money to live 😌 The other day my husband said that all of this youtube stuff was just a hobby to her, and it's true, it feels like it... Maybe now that she's with James she wants to be a Stay at home wife, and prepare him some nice vegan no gluten no pleasure meals. But the chores have to be shared, she needs time to take care of her mental health okay !!

I'm kidding about the food, she's not even vegetarian, and some of her salads do look tasty, I love salads :D By the way, I think the reason why she won't really share recipes (when people have been asking for them) is that most if not all of the recipes she's been doing are from her trainer and her books, so she can't really share them...
I'd hate to work at home. No motivation to do any work so maybe Deli doesn't feel motivated to record videos? 🤷🏻 But also its Deli and she seems to have sort of excuse for not doing anything 😂

I also love a salad and I will admit too that Deli does make some yummy looking salads!

VibingintheGarden

Question for everyone; do you think any small simmers you watch [under 50,000 subs] have what it takes to be the next large simmer?

The reason I ask is #1 if you are watching someone with this kind of quality, please share and #2 I went to college for research and I LOVE statistics and data. I've noticed some trends, like views being down, even with new releases and it being summer. Big simmers not sticking to schedules, taking extended time off, general disinterest in the game etc. and that tells me that there is room in the market for someone I've dubbed a "disrupter." A disrupter is simply someone who "comes out of no where" and changes the dynamics of the community. I'd love for someone, not game changer affiliated, to shoot to popularity and give the lazy game changers a run for their money. :ROFLMAO:

Charlene78

Chatty Member
So Plumbella has new merch with stranger things all over it. Wouldn’t she get in trouble for that?? Honestly I dunno how that stuff works
Okay I'm losing it, WHERE MERCH, WHERE ? Nothing on Youtube, nothing on Instagram and nothing on her merch website except for "whore for lore" sweats

Robot2350

Chatty Member
Her eyebrows are so bad… I always think that they don’t go with the rest of her aesthetic too? Like she wears no makeup, has no interest in wearing it but yet has these massive chunky drawn eyebrows?
I think her eyebrows are fine but also I don't know anything to do with eyebrows 🤣