Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Snackerdoodledoo

Oh boy, that feature is hilarious, but might have unintentional repercussions for people who do paid adverts in their videos: I was watching a cooking channel one where the guy did a recipe, did an advert for a wine company, then did another recipe, and the retention graph shows this MASSIVE dip through the advert, then a huge peak when the second recipe started, and that pattern repeats in almost all videos across the board, from movie reviewers sponsored by Squarespace to Costubers sponsored by eco-shampoo firms.

If the advertisers start analysing that type of data some Youtubers might start suffering.
Me. I'm one of these people. I skip those adverts so fucking fast 🤣

Clare does them, SKIP. Same for anyone else. I hate the ads YT/YTers jam in the middle of videos, I'm sure as fuck not sitting through your BS spiel about how much you love this random product I'm sure you've never used 🤣

While I know that many people say that it's okay to not follow all the rules of a challenge so long as you are having fun I still think that the point of doing a challenge is to do the challenging parts. I've seen people not do the jokestar aspiration in the not so berry pink gen because you can't have two careers at once. Despite the fact you can get to level 5 of the entertainment career to complete that bit of the aspiration before working as a detective. It's frustrating to watch people take the easy way in a game that's really easy. Maybe it's because I go out of my way to make the game harder and that's why I like James videos because he likes to struggle.
I semi agree, but, honestly, I'd rather someone skip something that they don't enjoy rather than watch them do something they clearly do not enjoy and aren't having fun with. If they're still doing the challenge but skipping one part, fine. If they're skipping EVERYTHING, then they aren't doing the challenge and that's different.

Elsybee

I've seen Deli's trailer. I feel like I've seen this before multiple times?
Everyone's rich, the parents are sus and "evil rich", the teens are rebellious but all good-looking and popular. There are always some siblings that are opposites in terms of interest. Only depth is creating rich people drama, another coming out story and a love triangle. Obligatory character(s) with some sort of lgbtq+ characteristics to put ✔ on diversity. It's all very predictable, as we have seen the same type of LPs before.
I downloaded her sims from the gallery and checked to see if she altered any of their orientations.
Kaden, who's into fashion, is only interested in men and is not exploring romantically
Blake, the gamer, is only interested in women and is not exploring romantically while her twin sister, Lucy, is only interested in men.
A lot of the others appear to have the default CAS exploring romantically and interested in woohoo with both men and women

VibingintheGarden

The EA game changers program has hundreds of game changers, but that doesn’t mean they are all simmers. They are gamers playing EA games in general. They apply to whoever runs the program to get in, and it’s not necessarily a simguru. It’s pretty lax in that they have perks like early access to games, but it’s nothing super serious. If the gamer chooses to make content on the early access it’s a win-win as EA gets free promo and the gamer gets new content that will get them a lot of views. It’s really not a super serious program as long as you stick to the rules of not leaking the new content before the embargo. As for it being “hell in a hand basket” it really isn’t a big deal if the gamer chooses to not do anything with what new content they are given. They don’t lose anything, and the gamer doesn’t gain anything. The only people it affects are the viewers to the game changers.
The "hell in a handbasket" comment was about the ineptitude of the Community Manager Frost and the private discord where the bigger game changers are allowed to moderate the smaller ones, the racism/bullying within it and the zero oversite from EA. It's also about the slipping of standards, like the old requirement of making prerelease content if you take a key and the low bar of just existing to be in the Game Changers.

Robot2350

Chatty Member
I'm surprised she, with her high standards, doesn't have an actual piece of furniture to hide the shoes in. Not very classy Deli !!

Also, why does she call it "blue" ? It's black ? Is there something I'm missing here lol
I think it must be a very very dark blue! 🤷🏻

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
i don’t mean this in a horrible way just genuinely always been curious. is there a reason clare chooses to wear fake cheap looking wigs? she obviously makes good money along with her partner, why doesn’t she invest in one (or a few) that look real and good quality? i don’t watch her stuff so i don’t know if she’s actually ever spoke about it
To be fair I think it’s more that she can’t style the wigs very well more-so than them being awful quality. I’ve seen some pretty cheap wigs look really good when the person wearing them knows how to look after them/style them properly.

I just want to know why she insists on choosing the worst thumbnails. Honestly, the one for her latest vlog makes her look like an amateur. If I saw that randomly in my feed without knowing who she was, there’s no way I’d be intrigued by that thumbnail. I’d assume she doesn’t really know what she’s doing.
I really liked her mossdale thumbnails but the rest are absolutely awful

MidnightAura

VIP Member
I didn’t watch the Guru live stream but watching plumbella actually put me off the pack. I think it’s a Wait for sale.

custosmorum

Chatty Member
Her parents are definitely well off given they/ Deli live along the Mornington Peninsula where home prices start at $1 million.
I'm not sure what to think. Her parents are divorced and it seems her mother remarried and lives with her husband somewhere on the Mornington Penninsula, as you said. But when she talks about her childhood in videos, she makes it seem like they didn't really have much money. Even in her most recent build, she talks about their black kitchen, which her mom hated, but they couldn't afford to change it. I also remember her saying that the one cool thing they had as kids was a trampoline, other than that she often lusted over her friends' more modern houses. It's hard to tell whether she is presenting things as they were or if it's her skewed perspective on wealth.

Quinny

I watched plumbellas review this morning and now I'm starting to wonder if I'll regret paying the pre-order price 😂 I was disappointed in some areas but other things looked good!

anniemouse

VIP Member
I found Whiny Britt through her storyline idea videos bc I was struggling to come up with my own and did subscribe for a bit, but then she kept doing video's about inbreeding that weirded me out and she's just quite boring tbh so I unsubscribed. Like most the simmers have a personality whether or not they're likable, they were able to get a fanbase. Whiny Britt is so bland I feel no reason to watch her especially with some of her video ideas.
I did exactly this too.

mmay1414

did deli replace the gay cheerleader Sydney with a straight footballer? or do they just happen to have the same sister?

tropicanaorange

Has anyone watched plumbellas video about living of rewards the idea seems interesting but she annoys me. On a scale of one to laid on the floor crying how bad is it.
I watched but honestly it can’t remember a single thing about it 😂
She probably made a joke about being depressed though.

MidnightAura

VIP Member
James Turner also does the Lets Go! Every few minutes. I haven‘t watched a lot of his stuff so I’m not sure if it’s something he’s always done?
It was really prominent in his high school years LP at the beginning.

mmay1414

Deli said she doesnt want to be pregnant but that could change, she does seem like the type to do a family channel

anniemouse

VIP Member
I bought it, not had much time to play but seems to be working okay. I’ll need to check the needs thing when I next go on.

Robot2350

Chatty Member
It concerns me when she tries to put non-binary Sims or etc in her stories bc she seems to be someone who's doing it for trend points. Like, even old games where she'd have lesbians wasn't bc "well they just are" (like, there are plenty of people who play gay Sims who aren't gay themselves, but they aren't making tropes out of all of them) it was like "Ooo, gasp, look at me, I'm playing a lesbian Sim guys, Oooo!" like... It was fucking weird.
At least Clare has tried doing different things and will preface with the fact that she's knows nothing and she's trying to learn and she's not trying to offend anyone. Or others who will say they don't play certain types of Sims bc they know nothing about that and don't want to be offensive...

And then there's Deli, just, acting like she KNOWS and being offensive 🤣

God save fucking James. That poor fucking man if that is ever true....
She has said before she isn't 100 percent sure if she wants to have kids and if she does, she wants to adopt? Though that still doesnt rule out pregnacy!