Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shooksimmer

There were waaaay too many Sims, it's hard enough for anyone to manage that many households, but I don't have a lot of faith Deli will manage easily given her lack of work ethic.

And of course she turned an old mining town into a wealthy suburb. What else is there besides upper class??? /s
Would not be shocked if its just a retread of Hampton Falls or Gossip City or whatever her old LPs were. I've played a wealthy scandalous neighborhood before and it can be fun but not if that's all you ever did. Sometimes you can do rags to riches, or have a perfectly normal middle class family, or play a supernatural town, or even have a neighborhood with Sims of different lifestyles and social classes. I don't understand why she doesn't ever try out different styles without completely abandoning them especially considering she has every single pack and got them for free. Even the scenarios were a fun change of pace for me so I don't get how you can be so uninspired.

Also a Pixelade video showed up on my home page and he is just so dramatic. I'm not defending EA but the reality is that the only bug I encountered was the aging one when I tried it out and most players play on normal lifespan anyway. It's so funny how he can't even credit other creators, but can make bad clikbait even for Sims content standards.
Screenshot 2022-08-04 175214.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Lostcat

Chatty Member
Does anyone watch WhinyBrit? Everyone always raves about her and I really like the concept of her ideas but the last video I watched of hers felt like it needed a much harder edit. I feel like she’d be better at a scripted thing a bit like ambiguous amphibian?
I think she does need to be a bit more focused yes. Hit and miss, like most Simmers, I suppose. When she's got a good idea for a video she's fun, and her delivery and comedic timing is very strong, but sometimes there's a bit too much waffle and a feeling she's not really sure where she's going with the original idea.

Ambiguous Amphibian is on a whole different level though. That Sims 2 video on digging your character out of a hole (physically and metaphorically) was a genuinely great piece of absurdist filmmaking (seriously go watch it: Sims 2, Underground )

WTFDidIJustSee

Chatty Member
I’m watching Plumbellas High School vids now (whilst unpacking from a recent house move… wish it was as easy as it is in Sims 🤣)

Saw a comment on the sub/R about how her accent is too thick… She has a very mellow accent to anyone actually from the Norf!

Charlene78

Chatty Member
Deli, what would a period hotline do for you, that a doctor or a therapist couldn't?
She wants to complain about how hard it is and how down she is feeling.

What happened is she started complaining about her periods online, she received positive feedback, so she thought "hey, people like that, I'm gonna do it more". But Deli doesn't know when to stop and she takes it too far, now sharing with us her fucking poop stool. o_O

And now, she wants to complain EVEN MORE, but somehow in her little brain she has this lil glimpse of self awareness that says "wait, that would be too much", so she keeps complaining... but "NOT TOO MUCH". AND THAT IS WHY she wants a period hotline. 😂

Also, I've read multiple people here saying she should go to the doctor for her periods : she totally could, but she doesn't, because I think she doesn't have any real issue with her periods and she knows that. She just likes to complain and she won't acknowledge people who tell her to go see a doctor. OR she actually went to one and didn't tell her followers about it (and she shares everything...) and she just has a low tolerance for pain etc.

What's annoying is that you have people in the world with real healthcare issues and periods issues and they cannot afford to have it checked out, and it's not normal. But here she is, Deligracy, complaining like a fucking pig all the timeeeeeeeeeeeee :rolleyes:

VibingintheGarden

Has anyone watched that thing Lilsimsie was judging? Uture or whatever it is called. I wasn't interested in Spark'd and I'm really not interested in watching this. Just curious about who won and how/if that win gave them any momentum to their channel. From what I've seen on Youtube, most creators have no plan or idea what to do when they get some recognition or have a viral video, which leads to the big opportunity being wasted.

freckles567

I quite like Whiny Britt. Her humor is fun and I really enjoy the Skipper lets play. I don't mind the sim talking part of some of her videos, it just is what it is. She has a regular full time job and YouTube is on her own time yet she is pretty consistent with uploads unlike most youtubers who are just youtubers.
It's so nice that she doesn't shout all the time like Lilsimmsis (sp?), complain about her period like Deli, or shout & complain about how shite the sims is like Plumbella.
I don't like shouting.
She still has a full time job and manages daily uploads? How on earth! I assumed she had quit the full time job maybe now she’s probably earning decent money with her views. No idea how she has not burnt out yet if she is working 2 jobs essentially!

Charlene78

Chatty Member
I'm no professional but isn't she just fucking up her shoulder here ? Why does she go all the way down all the time with these arm exercises ?

How come she has bad posture all the time after spending like 4k on those trainings 😬

Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 16-20-11 Stories • Instagram.png

Robot2350

Chatty Member
She literally looks insane
View attachment 1448463
This reminds me of how annoying she is playing videogames being super excited like it's the best game in the world and then never plays it again.
Examples : Ooblets, she said it was the best game ever and only made 2 or 3 videos on it (I do recommend that game btw, it's veryyy cute). The Last of Us, she was playing it on her streams but was doing 1 session every 3 months and she never finished it.
Didn't realise she plays other games, she always mentions how she gets motion sickness??

• Haha

MidnightAura

VIP Member
I think getting game changers to collab with them on kits is just a way to boost sales because the GC community will buy it out of loyalty to him/her.
I think some of the assets are actually really nice not £5 worth nice.

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
On another note, I’m surprised they didn’t give Clare early access seeing as her fans will buy absolutely anything she tells them to 😂
She’s had loads of times in her videos where she will hype up a new keyboard or headset and it’s so obviously sponsored but she doesn’t put it anywhere on the video or in the description. Super shady.
I often second guess what Clare says because she seems to dance around ASA guidelines. Her videos feel like teleshopping sometimes haha. She does seem to have a much younger fanbase than most though by the looks of the photographs she shows in her videos of people buying merch so it seems like an error on EAs side not using that to their advantage (like they need to, but still unusual of them)

DietGossip

VIP Member
Doesn't asexual mean that you're not interested in sex ? You can still fall in love and be in a loving relationship, you just don't want to have sex. So, you can still have crushes too.
Some asexual enjoy the closeness of sex (like the physical closeness), or making their partners feel good.

Charlene78

Chatty Member
How many times is she going to ask for LP ideas that she has no intention of taking into consideration?
A few months ago she posted on her Instagram asking for ideas for her vlogging channel and she posted some of the answers she got, NONE of those ideas ever made it to her channel, even though most of the comments had similar answers. It also feels like she'll "gloss over" a subject but never commit to making a full video/subject out of it. Like people asking her for cooking videos and instead of doing an actual video with the recipe and measurements she'll just add a 1 min bit of her randomly making oat meal to a full video.

She keeps posting pictures of those salads she eats but we've never seen recipes for them yet. It feels like she's very dense lol. Or she'll post a video titled "we are renovating" when 10 minutes of it is actually about gardening. Just separate the damn video and make a whole video about gardening like people asked you, and maybe you'll bring people who are into gardening !!! 💀

Problem is that she pretty much has nothing to say or show because she doesn't have any particular knowledge about anything (cooking, gardening...) and she won't research the subject either, so the segment ends up being a bunch of "I don't know what I'm doing"/"I have no idea how this works" etc. It's less noticable in a video with other things I guess, but it couldn't make for a full video... AGAIN she doesn't want to put in the work... (if you can call it work, because anyone who gets into gardening will research things about it instead of just going "LOL I DONT KNOW HOW THIS WORKS ILL JUST SPEND 200£ ON POTS AND DO WHATEVER HIHI SO QUIRKY"). Oooooof sorry I went on a full rant.

My husband's point of view (doesn't know anything about the sims or youtubers) : I was watching the beginning of her latest video called "I tried building a boho teen bedroom! (The Sims 4 Highschool Years)" and he said "how is this supposed to be interesting ? building a bedroom ? this is so fucking lazy, no wonder she has 3000 views on it" (okay it's gone up to 30k now haha but it's still a sad number).

What does it mean that she needs to be more delicate with storytelling? I remember when she abruptly ended her Hampton Falls LP because it was too much for her
I have no clue what it means, I don't know what that LP was. Maybe she was uneducated and made poor decisions once again ?? So weird... Someone here who knows more about this LP ??
Edit : so I went to check out the videos for this LP. First of all, wow she was so different, even her voice is not the same at all. I'm pretty sure she stopped this LP because it was too much work 🤭 If I understand it correctly, she was playing multiple households of a neighborhood and making stories for each of them. Nowadays she can barely play one sim for more than 10 videos lol. I haven't seen anyone complain in the comments of the couple videos I checked out. Maybe she's just saying this because she's read people complaining about some of her choices (like pretending to be inclusive but mixing up pronouns etc) ? Or is she saying that nowadays you have to be more careful with what you say ??

Last edited:

mmay1414

Is whiny brit any good? I don't watch many any more as I can't stand them, used to love plumbella then I went off her after her Mr darcy phase! Anyone recommend any good ones? Another one I've watched recently is the sims lore which I just find interesting and calming to watch!
i like whiny brit, i agree some videos i'm less interested in but her content is always different and fun. i don't usually get bored or think that ive seen it before

VibingintheGarden

I CALLED IT. I KNOW NO ONE CARES BUT I DID 😂

View attachment 1527219
Because the clickbait got all the views it was going to get and she either got angry comments about being tricked or she wanted to cover her butt and say that it always said mod. I didn't expect Deli to copy Pixelade's content strategy, but birds of a clickbait feather flock together. Why put effort into making good content when you can just trick people to watch it?

VibingintheGarden

I can't even figure out why Vixella GOT early access. She barely does anything??
EA clings to their "high value" game changers because what else do they have? I remember they flew Lifesimmer out to play City Living and she hadn't uploaded for like 4-5 months. And they continued to send her codes after that. EA needs those massively inflated channels to push their content to the kiddies, they aren't going to cut them off.

Charlene78

Chatty Member
lilsimsie made a starter home using the new pack the other day and it ended up looking almost identical to all the base game starters homes she has ever made.
I wanted to get a nice picture of the inside of the house but apparently she doesn't show everything once it's done ??

Isn't this pack supposed to be super colourful and stuff ? This is the most bland shit I have ever seen. Dude she started with a cute blue sofa and returned to that basic base game one later on ??
Screenshot 2022-07-25 at 16-07-29 I built a starter home with The Sims 4 High School Years - Y...png