Shpock/Vinted - worth the effort?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The 5 days I think is only if the item hasn’t been sent.

I bought an expensive jacket a few months back, it got stuck with Hermes for a good five/six weeks, Vinted refunded me 3 week after buying it and it just being stuck for over two weeks.
Yeah but according to Vinted tracking, I hadn't posted the item even though I had and it was updating on Evri's website. Had no option to tick to say that I had sent it either like ebay

I don't know how I feel about the not sent/cancellation thing. I realise it protects me as the buyer but I've had two of six things cancelled this week. The first seller got in touch and I've re-bought the item so hopefully that will arrive this time but I haven't heard anything about the other one.
Is it something that happens a lot?

I also managed to accidently press the button to say something had arrived when it hasn't yet so I won't be able to get a refund if it doesn't arrive. Oops.

I don't know how I feel about the not sent/cancellation thing. I realise it protects me as the buyer but I've had two of six things cancelled this week. The first seller got in touch and I've re-bought the item so hopefully that will arrive this time but I haven't heard anything about the other one.
Is it something that happens a lot?

I also managed to accidently press the button to say something had arrived when it hasn't yet so I won't be able to get a refund if it doesn't arrive. Oops.
I’ve cancelled an order as a buy because the seller didn’t send it and hadn’t been online in four months and didn’t reply to my messages. I got a warning I could only do it twice without being penalised so I presume it is the same for sellers. I haven’t had anything cancelled as a buyer. Did they give you a reason as to why?

Reactions: 1
I’ve cancelled an order as a buy because the seller didn’t send it and hadn’t been online in four months and didn’t reply to my messages. I got a warning I could only do it twice without being penalised so I presume it is the same for sellers. I haven’t had anything cancelled as a buyer. Did they give you a reason as to why?
I think the first person just hadn't realised there was a time limit on postage. She put the item up again for me to re-buy which I did. I've had no contact at all from the other seller so I don't really know what the reason was. The money has been refunded so there's no real issue other than being slightly frustrated at not having the item after all. Vinted automatically leaves them feedback saying they didn't complete the sale.

I think the first person just hadn't realised there was a time limit on postage. She put the item up again for me to re-buy which I did. I've had no contact at all from the other seller so I don't really know what the reason was. The money has been refunded so there's no real issue other than being slightly frustrated at not having the item after all. Vinted automatically leaves them feedback saying they didn't complete the sale.
I nearly had a sale cancelled as I forgot to "shut up shop" over Christmas.

I only had a fee bits listed and hadn't had any sales in weeks and I suddenly got a notification of a purchase.

I had to do a mad dash of packaging up and getting to the post office with all the bank holidays etc. And immediately put holiday mode on for a month.

I imagine a lot of people forget they have things listed as there isn't a time limit like there is with ebay etc. And if it isn't convenient just let it time out

Does anyone else find it annoying that if you receive an item not as described on Vinted, they still expect you to pay the return shipping? I mean, no other company or buying/selling platform that charges a buyer protection fee (Ebay) would expect a buyer to pay for the return postage, am I right? It's only a small item that I paid about £6 for, but on principal, it has annoyed me 😂

Does anyone else find it annoying that if you receive an item not as described on Vinted, they still expect you to pay the return shipping? I mean, no other company or buying/selling platform that charges a buyer protection fee (Ebay) would expect a buyer to pay for the return postage, am I right? It's only a small item that I paid about £6 for, but on principal, it has annoyed me 😂
Wow, that's not on. I had no idea, I thought that was what the fee was for.

Just to update that I’ve spoken to their customer help team, who were patronising and no help at all. They said that I’d have to pay to return the item to the seller, even though they accepted that it was not as described. They then confirmed that I would only be refunded the amount I paid for the item, and not for the initial postage fees and buyer protection fees I paid. Looking at their trustpilot reviews, I am not alone in my experience. I don’t know why they call the fees they charge “Buyer Protection”, when they provide zero buyer protection whatsoever. They should just call it a commission fee and call it a day.

Reactions: 2
Hi, I discovered Vinted about a month ago & have managed to make around £400 in that time selling my sons old clothes.. I think my trick has been pricing things really cheap but also for more than I’d get selling them at a boot fair but my question is I’ve got around 5 parcels which have been waiting for the customer’s to collect from their collection point’s for over a week.. does Vinted automatically pay me after a certain time or do I have to wait for them to eventually pick it up? (Also keep seeing that they’ve been on the app but for some reason they’re just not collecting which is annoying!)

I had the same issue with Depop! I already find it annoying that you have to return the item... I bought what was advertised as a Too Faced palette and didn't realise it was a fake until someone messaged me to say they had bought the same palette as me and that they were pretty sure it was a fake (the size of the mirror and of the pans were different). The seller clearly had bought a bunch of fakes online and was trying to sell them. To me, sending the articles back is just enabling that behaviour, as they'll probably just sell them on another platflorm or with another account... I raised an issue with PayPal and Depop and they said I would get my money back as soon as the seller confirms safe receipt of the palette. They also recommended I pay for tracking so the seller can't say that they never received my item so I ended up paying for tracked shipping and never managed to get the postage money back! I'm just glad I was super petty and just ruined the pans with my brush before sending the palette back 😅 I still lost some money, but at least the seller wouldn't have been able to scan anyone one else with that one.

• Heart
I had the same issue with Depop! I already find it annoying that you have to return the item... I bought what was advertised as a Too Faced palette and didn't realise it was a fake until someone messaged me to say they had bought the same palette as me and that they were pretty sure it was a fake (the size of the mirror and of the pans were different). The seller clearly had bought a bunch of fakes online and was trying to sell them. To me, sending the articles back is just enabling that behaviour, as they'll probably just sell them on another platflorm or with another account... I raised an issue with PayPal and Depop and they said I would get my money back as soon as the seller confirms safe receipt of the palette. They also recommended I pay for tracking so the seller can't say that they never received my item so I ended up paying for tracked shipping and never managed to get the postage money back! I'm just glad I was super petty and just ruined the pans with my brush before sending the palette back 😅 I still lost some money, but at least the seller wouldn't have been able to scan anyone one else with that one.
It’s really frustrating isn’t it? I think eBay is probably the most fair for buyers and sellers, so I think I’ll stick to selling on there. It’s a shame though as I do love the Vinted app and I think it’s a great idea. I asked them where I could give some constructive feedback based on my experience and they ignored me, so they obviously don’t want to improve the experience of their users. Another red flag for me. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I’ve just sold a lipstick on Ebay which has clearly stated on the packaging and in the photos not to wind it all out and you can’t retract it. The buyer has messaged me to tell me it’s faulty because they wound it up all the way to see the colour and now can’t get it back down again. I think if they open a case for a refund they won’t be successful but we’ll see!

Hi, I discovered Vinted about a month ago & have managed to make around £400 in that time selling my sons old clothes.. I think my trick has been pricing things really cheap but also for more than I’d get selling them at a boot fair but my question is I’ve got around 5 parcels which have been waiting for the customer’s to collect from their collection point’s for over a week.. does Vinted automatically pay me after a certain time or do I have to wait for them to eventually pick it up? (Also keep seeing that they’ve been on the app but for some reason they’re just not collecting which is annoying!)
As far as I gather, you will only get paid once they collect. If they don't collect it will get returned to you. I had this and I just messaged to say, 'Just to let you know your parcel is waiting for you to collect it' and they picked it up later that day.

Reactions: 3
As far as I gather, you will only get paid once they collect. If they don't collect it will get returned to you. I had this and I just messaged to say, 'Just to let you know your parcel is waiting for you to collect it' and they picked it up later that day.
Oo if they don’t collect over the weekend I’ll give that a go thank you

It’s really frustrating isn’t it? I think eBay is probably the most fair for buyers and sellers, so I think I’ll stick to selling on there. It’s a shame though as I do love the Vinted app and I think it’s a great idea. I asked them where I could give some constructive feedback based on my experience and they ignored me, so they obviously don’t want to improve the experience of their users. Another red flag for me. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I’ve just sold a lipstick on Ebay which has clearly stated on the packaging and in the photos not to wind it all out and you can’t retract it. The buyer has messaged me to tell me it’s faulty because they wound it up all the way to see the colour and now can’t get it back down again. I think if they open a case for a refund they won’t be successful but we’ll see!
Sold as described! I have such low tolerance towards buyers that don’t read the descriptions. If I list items I will put it in upper cases and also add symbols so they can se

<<<<<< FAULTY! >>>>>>>

I hope it goes in your favour, should do 🤞🏼

• Heart
I find the buyers asking for measurements, more pics etc never buy 😂

Reactions: 3
Hi guys I’ve sent something via yodel to the seller however it seems to have got lost (tracking not updated for 8 days now) and the seller isn’t replying to me when I’ve asked if they’ve received it. If the item is lost by yodel will Vinted still pay me ? Or will they just refund the seller and I’ve lost my item and the money?

Hi guys I’ve sent something via yodel to the seller however it seems to have got lost (tracking not updated for 8 days now) and the seller isn’t replying to me when I’ve asked if they’ve received it. If the item is lost by yodel will Vinted still pay me ? Or will they just refund the seller and I’ve lost my item and the money?
They will refund the buyer and send you the compensation for how much it was insured up to.

Has anyone ever sold/brought any designer items on Vinted?
I personally would never pay a lot of money for something on Depop/Vinted because so many scammers out there and very difficult to verify an items authenticity. I think the max I would ever pay for something is like £40

Has anyone ever sold/brought any designer items on Vinted?
I bought a leather jacket, worth £250 and I paid £70. It went missing in the Hermes network for weeks, I got a full refund and the buyer was annoyed because they only insured it up to £50.

It eventually turned up about 10 weeks later and frankly it was awful. Worse condition than advertised, stunk of smoke and I have been airing it for months and it still stinks, had half a fag and lighter in the pocket plus nail polish on the sleeve!

I personally as the buy would possibly buy again at a good price. I know my experience was a one off but I tend to stick to low end items now.