Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dicky Tum

I use Vinted for stuff that I think is in good condition and will sell quickly. I found that if you upload a lot of stuff at a time it tends to go quite quickly, so you are not back and forth to the post office all the time, you can do them in big batches. The app and website are both really easy to use. Some users also do swaps and you can use the money you make to buy stuff from other users.

For stuff I am not sure about, I have used an app called reGain. You box everything up and send it to them. They sort out stuff for charity shops (British red cross I think) and then recycle the rest. In return you get a discount code to use for various online stores. I really liked using it as I knew the clothes wouldn't just go to landfill and I used the discounts to buy stuff for my children so I wasn't just shopping for the sake of shopping

Reactions: 12

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
I had a really good start selling on vinted but nothing moving of late. I wonder if there's an algorithm that promotes new joiners items so you think hey this is easy and upload more.

As an aside husband ordered an apple TV box from e bay and the seller sent a family sized bar of dairy milk (assume same weight). E bay was great and refunded immediately. Perversely I want to eat the dairy milk but cannot as feel it's somehow tainted 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I use Vinted and eBay.

The problems I see are:
- Everyone wants things really cheap, so sometimes it is not worth the effort.
- It is VERY tempting to shop in these sites, too. So effectively I shop more than I sell as I see things and then want them.
- Some users are a pain in the behind and dealing with them takes up a lot of time.
- It takes time and effort to take good photos.

The benefits are:
- Extra cash.
- Once you know what sells well and what doesn't it is easy to identify things to sell and to not bother with other stuff.
- It can be fun and more productive than simply watching Netflix.
- It is good to de-clutter.

Reactions: 9

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I use depop, vinted and eBay and have made about £500ish but this is through continuous upkeep between apps, also knowing what will sell. It’s a pain in the arse to list everything and keep on top of messages but pretty good

Reactions: 8

bipbapbop22

Iv had 3 things on vinted that I keep re uploading haha, things get liked and that's it really. Iv spent alot on there though 😅.
Put your price slightly higher than what you want for it. When someone likes it, send them an offer price. That’s how I sell all my stuff

• Heart
Reactions: 7

ATV2021

VIP Member
I tried Depop and did sell a few things but I couldn't cope with people trying to haggle down everything when I'd listed everything very cheap in order to sell them quickly. I'd put up a Primark playsuit with the tags still on for £2 plus postage and someone would ask if I'd sell it for £1.50 all in.. couldn't be arsed with it.
Sounds like FB marketplace that 🤣 I put no offers in listing now and just ignore those who take the absolute P. Can't remember what I had once, possibly a dress that was new from Next and had it up for a fiver and yeah someone offering like £1 for it and I just deleted the conversation rather than even bother to reply. I'd rather a charity shop had it 🤣

Reactions: 5

bipbapbop22

It’s really pissing me off when people want something for nothing. Prices are clearly stated and I’ve even added that I don’t accept offers and people still offer buttons for things

Mr Daydream

I love vinted it’s great for selling and buying kids clothes, one thing I find annoying though is a lot of times Iv sold items the buyer doesn’t notify that they’ve received it therefore you have to wait weeks to get paid out, it takes 2 seconds to press received and I always do it straight away out of courtesy 😂

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Ooo okay interesting! I have a lot of designer stuff to sell, I think I have the boxes a lot of things came in and the receipts for a few bits (if i dig them out) I wonder if that'd make a difference, would it to you?. I also don't smoke or have any animals so my clothes don't smell, I hope 😂
The thing I find with Vinted is people do not want to pay much for stuff. You don't really have anything to lose by posting it up but make sure you have the postage sorted, as if you sell something for £100 but only put it insured up tp £50 and it goes missing vinted will only give you £50 back.

You might be better on eBay but I think all platforms have their downsides.

WordsFromReuben

VIP Member
I sell on Vinted, made £65 this past month. I treat it like a online car boot / garage sale and don’t list anything particularly valuable just stuff I want a couple of ££ for and would otherwise give away. I always use Hermes tracked so I get the money as soon as it’s recorded as delivered. I used Royal Mail once and had to wait a month for the money!

Reactions: 4

marthaedwards11

Chatty Member
Has anyone ever sold/brought any designer items on Vinted?
I personally wouldn’t buy anything expensive from Vinted. If the item arrives but it’s not as described, Vinted won’t help out in anyway, you’ll be left to negotiate with the seller, and you’ll probably have to pay return postage, and the buyer protection fee and the original postage charge won’t be refunded.

I’d be more tempted to buy something more expensive on Depop, just because you can use PayPal as a payment method and they can help out if there is an issue with an item!

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I used the Marie Kondo method to do a huge declutter and only held on to the very best items like the scarf my grandmother gave me, a top she bought me from the classics range at M&S or another cardigan even though it's still two sizes too big. I also take photos of the items I give away.

The method is that you're supposed to pick an item and ask yourself the question "does it spark joy?" Yes keep. No get rid off. Don't feel like you have to rush it though. It's best if you do it in small bits at a time in case you regret something you can't get back.

I would sell the more pricier items if they were in good condition. You could also do make a preloved by XYZ page on insta.

• Heart

no-no

VIP Member
Someone offered me £13 for a pair of brand new trainers my husband would like £40 today!! I’m all for a cheeky offer but COME ON!!!!
It’s so annoying when you just want to list with your best price and you get idiots like this. I was selling something recently and some lowballer got huffy and said “I’ll buy it off Argos then WITH warranty (💁🏼‍♂️) for an extra £50”. What you telling me for? Knock yourself out (it was massively reduced but out of stock in our area). They messaged me again weeks later asking if it was still available *blocked*

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I downloaded vinted last night I’ve been meaning to clear all our wardrobes out for ages! I’ve made £50 already!! Can’t believe it! I’ve uploaded loads more tonight and if it doesn’t sell by the end of the month I’ll take it to charity but think the whole things amazing it’s so easy to use!

• Wow

ATV2021

VIP Member
I’m after some advice about Vinted. I listed my first ever item - new Nike Air Force 1 trainers. Selling as I didn’t return them in time and I just never wore them. Anyway, my account has been permanently blocked because they’ve decided I’m selling fakes/it’s a scam?! WTF?! Literally is this how it works if you list a new branded item they just decide it’s fake? I don’t understand. I uploaded lots of photos too.
so far I’m thoroughly unimpressed and annoyed. EBay it is I guess:cautious:
Vinted is awash with scammers at the moment selling trainers/watches etc and sending bottle openers (many posts on vinted forum) then making buyers click that it's all OK to get the money then disappearing (or threatening buyers who wont) so it's potentially because you're new and listed one of the flagged items they've just assumed the same I'd assume here.

• Wow

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I’ve made another £19 today!! No one probably cares but this is a reminder that your trash is someone else’s treasure and they will pay you for it!! So if you are gonna donate to charity anyway you may aswell try and make a few pound first every little helps in the run up to December 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Noseyoldcow

VIP Member
It’s really pissing me off when people want something for nothing. Prices are clearly stated and I’ve even added that I don’t accept offers and people still offer buttons for things
Someone offered me £13 for a pair of brand new trainers my husband would like £40 today!! I’m all for a cheeky offer but COME ON!!!!

• Angry

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
This annoys me so much, I have my vinted set to discount if you build a bundle but Iv has people build a bundle so get 20% off and then ask me to cut another few £1 off it!
Iv had a few cheeky messages too, someone offered me £6 for 3 John Lewis sleepsuits when they were £2.50 each and I said no, they told me they’d find them cheaper than that brand new. Good luck with that! 😂