Shpock/Vinted - worth the effort?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had issues with Vinted? I looked at their Trust pilot and its absolutely awful so put me off lol

Has anyone had issues with Vinted? I looked at their Trust pilot and its absolutely awful so put me off lol
Touch wood, so far I haven’t had any issues and I’ve been selling now for 3 months and I’m doing pretty well at it

Reactions: 2
Vinted is great when you sell and buy from decent people, so always make sure you check feedback. If a test buys from me I cancel the order; more hassle than it’s worse.

Idiot not test lol

• Haha
I had one issue and it did put me off for a bit but I am back selling now.

Long story short buyer claimed to have not received the item and didn't raise it within 2 days of delivery so I got my money. I provided all the tracking info, including photos and GPS location and she gave me a 1 star review. Vinted wouldn't remove the review and said I needed to talk to the buyer but they blocked me so i couldn't!!

So I am stuck with a tit review even though I went above and beyond to prove it had been delivered and the buyer didn't do what they should have and vinted couldn't care less.

I've sold 35 things on there since last year and purchased a couple of things, haven't had any issues 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Had a s
I had one issue and it did put me off for a bit but I am back selling now.

Long story short buyer claimed to have not received the item and didn't raise it within 2 days of delivery so I got my money. I provided all the tracking info, including photos and GPS location and she gave me a 1 star review. Vinted wouldn't remove the review and said I needed to talk to the buyer but they blocked me so i couldn't!!

So I am stuck with a tit review even though I went above and beyond to prove it had been delivered and the buyer didn't do what they should have and vinted couldn't care less.
had a similar experience. As I say, it’s great when people are great but it’s a bloody hassle when it isn’t. I had a buyer who took over ten days to collect a parcel and didn’t mark as received. Totally ignored my messages. I wouldn’t mind so much taking ages to pick up although it then takes us longer to get paid BUT I don’t like being ignored.

anotherpisstaker flogged me a new without tags jumper which had obviously been worn and had shrunk. I got a refund 😎.

Reactions: 1
I find the delivery is quite slow, I purchased something but didn't notice until I had paid the buyer hadn't been online for 4 months and I never got my item. I did get a refund but it is just a pain.

Most people have taken over a week to post things which I find frustrating compared to eBay who are strict on postage.

I've got loads of items listed on there atm, all in my opinion really good prices, and people keep favouriting them but never buying and it's winding me up :ROFLMAO: I might just go back to using ebay

I've been using vinted since about 6 weeks ago and I've been quite lucky and have managed to make about 300€ off of it. It has dried up for me recently. I find the easiest way to sell is to be quite active on the app, responding to msgs etc fast/be willing to accept offers lower than what you originally wanted and don't be put off by how rude some people are - last week a girl msged me a few times about an item, really unpolite, in the end I wouldn't let her buy my item and she sent me a msg calling me a 'see you next tuesday' about 4 times 😅😅😅

@WilmaHun have you tried making offers to people favouriting your items? I did that a few times and it worked 💕

People get me every time sending me offers to things that I’ve favourited! I’m so weak! 😂

• Heart
Aaah I love vinted. Was super organised this year and got the kids world book day outfits off there. I've got a bag of stuff to put on and after reading this thread feel inspired to get it photographed and uploaded.

Vinted is great when buyers and sellers are decent. It all comes down to people, and in my experience, people are hard work.

Reactions: 3
Am I the only one using depop? I admit I've had good enough luck shifting makeup on there but really struggling with shifting clothes. I always thought vinted was a bit dodgy as I get inundated with ads for them. This thread got me wondering if I should switch...except I don't have a printer or a drop off point close by. I didn't realise that was part of it :(

Honestly taking pics of everything and listing it and dealing with people feels like such hard work, especially when you have to sell things for super cheap to get them shifted. Unless it's branded or vintage it feels impossible to get it gone. Then you have to store it for ages as well as storing packing materials.

I've also noticed on depop you get these huge follower vintage shops selling things at crazy mark ups and it's hard to compete with their aesthetic.

I definitely feel like a small fish in an overstuffed pond. More people trying to sell than wanting to buy! I have started to donate more now. I donate to Oxfam as I know they recycle what they can't sell. I've also taken stuff to h&m recycling though who knows if that actually gets recycled.

Am I the only one using depop? I admit I've had good enough luck shifting makeup on there but really struggling with shifting clothes. I always thought vinted was a bit dodgy as I get inundated with ads for them. This thread got me wondering if I should switch...except I don't have a printer or a drop off point close by. I didn't realise that was part of it :(

Honestly taking pics of everything and listing it and dealing with people feels like such hard work, especially when you have to sell things for super cheap to get them shifted. Unless it's branded or vintage it feels impossible to get it gone. Then you have to store it for ages as well as storing packing materials.

I've also noticed on depop you get these huge follower vintage shops selling things at crazy mark ups and it's hard to compete with their aesthetic.

I definitely feel like a small fish in an overstuffed pond. More people trying to sell than wanting to buy! I have started to donate more now. I donate to Oxfam as I know they recycle what they can't sell. I've also taken stuff to h&m recycling though who knows if that actually gets recycled.
I tried Depop and did sell a few things but I couldn't cope with people trying to haggle down everything when I'd listed everything very cheap in order to sell them quickly. I'd put up a Primark playsuit with the tags still on for £2 plus postage and someone would ask if I'd sell it for £1.50 all in.. couldn't be arsed with it.

• Wow
I tried Depop and did sell a few things but I couldn't cope with people trying to haggle down everything when I'd listed everything very cheap in order to sell them quickly. I'd put up a Primark playsuit with the tags still on for £2 plus postage and someone would ask if I'd sell it for £1.50 all in.. couldn't be arsed with it.
Sounds like FB marketplace that 🤣 I put no offers in listing now and just ignore those who take the absolute P. Can't remember what I had once, possibly a dress that was new from Next and had it up for a fiver and yeah someone offering like £1 for it and I just deleted the conversation rather than even bother to reply. I'd rather a charity shop had it 🤣

Reactions: 5
Yeah it's crazy the offers some people make.. People must be expecting the seller to pay the fees and postage 😒