Shpock/Vinted - worth the effort?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh right ok, thank you. I guess it’s a tough one to police/monitor. I think it’s just the fact it was a straight ban that’s annoyed me! Oh well, I’ve listed on eBay - not a great attempt on Vinted for me. Should have started with clothes I guess!!
Yeah scammers are rife on there at the moment - someone could have even reported thinking it was a scam item as its all new users selling the non existent items. Vinted have stopped custom shipping options for alot of people + refer a friend too as so many were just claiming whatever they could really. Shame they ruin it for us honest ones!

Reactions: 3
I’m after some advice about Vinted. I listed my first ever item - new Nike Air Force 1 trainers. Selling as I didn’t return them in time and I just never wore them. Anyway, my account has been permanently blocked because they’ve decided I’m selling fakes/it’s a scam?! WTF?! Literally is this how it works if you list a new branded item they just decide it’s fake? I don’t understand. I uploaded lots of photos too.
so far I’m thoroughly unimpressed and annoyed. EBay it is I guess:cautious:
I was looking to buy a pair of air force 1 trainers on Vinted 2 weeks ago and every single pair that came up was being sold by an account with a cartoon profile picture, and they were all only selling one pair of air force and a pair of raybans. Definitely something to do with the specific item. Very annoying though!

Reactions: 2
I was looking to buy a pair of air force 1 trainers on Vinted 2 weeks ago and every single pair that came up was being sold by an account with a cartoon profile picture, and they were all only selling one pair of air force and a pair of raybans. Definitely something to do with the specific item. Very annoying though!
It used to be all usernames like haidjwyduz just jumbled letters....they clocked that quickly so started using proper words/adding a photo so it's definitely making people wary of new sellers (even though most are genuine I'm sure!). Once my final bits have sold/I've given to the charity shop I'm deleting it as the wait for buyers to collect/confirm etc is just getting on my nerves now 🤣 takes so long to get a payout unlike ebay where its like next day. I just list on the 70%/80% fee days now

It used to be all usernames like haidjwyduz just jumbled letters....they clocked that quickly so started using proper words/adding a photo so it's definitely making people wary of new sellers (even though most are genuine I'm sure!). Once my final bits have sold/I've given to the charity shop I'm deleting it as the wait for buyers to collect/confirm etc is just getting on my nerves now 🤣 takes so long to get a payout unlike ebay where its like next day. I just list on the 70%/80% fee days now
I saw you posting on the designer thread too! I actually managed to shift a lot of designer bits on Vinted, not for mega money, but they're gone and have freed up space which was the plan. I've got a small pile of things which I need to decide the fate of now, I might bump some and charity shop the rest

I saw you posting on the designer thread too! I actually managed to shift a lot of designer bits on Vinted, not for mega money, but they're gone and have freed up space which was the plan. I've got a small pile of things which I need to decide the fate of now, I might bump some and charity shop the rest
Yeah I took the designer items I had on Vinted off and sold to a reseller company in the end! Got a decent enough price - one sold on Vestiairecollective for more than i paid too so I was pleased. Most of what I've got on Vinted now is like £1 items and ive given them a deadline of the end of June as the bag of them is annoying me now 🤣
The vinted forum has been very interesting though & helpful to know what to look out for! I'll stick to more trusted places to buy higher priced items for sure.

• Heart
They’ve come back to me asking for more photos (I posted 7 already showing labels, logo, close up of the shoes from various angles). They want original packaging and receipt which just doesn’t work on a reselling site. I have a screenshot of the purchase from Very but that’s it. Anyway, it’s not for me, I think if they’d asked for all these things at the time of listing I’d have been less annoyed. Why send a accusatory message and permanently block me? Back to eBay for me! Good luck to all those selling 😁

I had a really good start selling on vinted but nothing moving of late. I wonder if there's an algorithm that promotes new joiners items so you think hey this is easy and upload more.

As an aside husband ordered an apple TV box from e bay and the seller sent a family sized bar of dairy milk (assume same weight). E bay was great and refunded immediately. Perversely I want to eat the dairy milk but cannot as feel it's somehow tainted 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I had a really good start selling on vinted but nothing moving of late. I wonder if there's an algorithm that promotes new joiners items so you think hey this is easy and upload more.

As an aside husband ordered an apple TV box from e bay and the seller sent a family sized bar of dairy milk (assume same weight). E bay was great and refunded immediately. Perversely I want to eat the dairy milk but cannot as feel it's somehow tainted 😆
Nah its a freebie technically. Sellers out of pocket from buying said chocolate too so I say...enjoy!

Hi can I ask a question about items not arriving?! I have bought an item and it’s not arrived - seller hasn’t provided any tracking info and ignored my messages. I need this item for an event, so will buy another off another seller. I paid via PayPal so hoping I get a refund. What happens if the other one arrives in the meantime? Should I wait and hold out for a response? I’m just being ignored despite several messages!

Hi can I ask a question about items not arriving?! I have bought an item and it’s not arrived - seller hasn’t provided any tracking info and ignored my messages. I need this item for an event, so will buy another off another seller. I paid via PayPal so hoping I get a refund. What happens if the other one arrives in the meantime? Should I wait and hold out for a response? I’m just being ignored despite several messages!
What platform did you buy it on?

Yeah I took the designer items I had on Vinted off and sold to a reseller company in the end! Got a decent enough price - one sold on Vestiairecollective for more than i paid too so I was pleased. Most of what I've got on Vinted now is like £1 items and ive given them a deadline of the end of June as the bag of them is annoying me now 🤣
The vinted forum has been very interesting though & helpful to know what to look out for! I'll stick to more trusted places to buy higher priced items for sure.
Do you have any tips about selling on Vestiare Collective? What's the experience like? I've been wondering if it's better/safer/more reliable than Ebay for selling high end stuff?

Any words of wisdom very gratefully received! Thank you!

Do you have any tips about selling on Vestiare Collective? What's the experience like? I've been wondering if it's better/safer/more reliable than Ebay for selling high end stuff?

Any words of wisdom very gratefully received! Thank you!
I've only sold 1 thing and had a good buyer, I have read horror stories mind but I got a good price (their fees are high but when you set a price it tells you what you're gonna get) and VC pay the postage as they send you the label to print - think it was DPD or DHL...my bag took 24 hours to get to Spain then I think the buyer has 72 hours to report any concerns and then you get paid. All went smoothly for me fortunately

The buyer can pick direct shipping or authentication via VC so if they pick this then you'll get the money once VC have approved it

Reactions: 1
I sell on Vinted, made £65 this past month. I treat it like a online car boot / garage sale and don’t list anything particularly valuable just stuff I want a couple of ££ for and would otherwise give away. I always use Hermes tracked so I get the money as soon as it’s recorded as delivered. I used Royal Mail once and had to wait a month for the money!

Reactions: 4
I sell on Vinted, made £65 this past month. I treat it like a online car boot / garage sale and don’t list anything particularly valuable just stuff I want a couple of ££ for and would otherwise give away. I always use Hermes tracked so I get the money as soon as it’s recorded as delivered. I used Royal Mail once and had to wait a month for the money!
I turned off RM as an option almost immediately. I've made about £100 since I stayed late April for stuff that I'd have given away so can't complain really! My current items have a week before they're off as I'm sick of the bag lol

Anyone finding sales on Ebay/Vinted etc are just....not happening? Never known it all so quiet! Was at the drop off lockers nearly everyday now its been well over a week

Anyone finding sales on Ebay/Vinted etc are just....not happening? Never known it all so quiet! Was at the drop off lockers nearly everyday now its been well over a week
Yeah I've been the exact same! I have more things for sale on vinted than I ever did but not selling anything 🫤🫤 can't really work out why, I think my stuff is priced reasonably cheap for what it is. Someone said something think it was on here about having lots of sales when you're a new member to vinted and sales dwindling off after a few weeks or so.

Yeah I've been the exact same! I have more things for sale on vinted than I ever did but not selling anything 🫤🫤 can't really work out why, I think my stuff is priced reasonably cheap for what it is. Someone said something think it was on here about having lots of sales when you're a new member to vinted and sales dwindling off after a few weeks or so.
I'm not paying to spotlight or anything either as I don't have enough stock to meet the fee nor any proof it works. With the scam level on there from new sellers you'd think they'd wanna push more legit sellers but....seems not.

I’ve recently put an ad on gumtree for a furniture for collection only.
I’ve been receiving quite a few fishy emails/messages.
Some buyer is insisting he is working offshore and can send a courier for the sofa but can only do payment via PayPal.
I have no experience with paypal, is there a chance of me being scammed by him collecting the sofa then actioning a chargeback etc via PayPal?

I’ve recently put an ad on gumtree for a furniture for collection only.
I’ve been receiving quite a few fishy emails/messages.
Some buyer is insisting he is working offshore and can send a courier for the sofa but can only do payment via PayPal.
I have no experience with paypal, is there a chance of me being scammed by him collecting the sofa then actioning a chargeback etc via PayPal?
Sounds like a scam to me