Shpock/Vinted - worth the effort?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I put a few things on gumtree but it’s painful. Back and forth with people e.g. today was “is it available, what’s the dimensions, where are you”… turns out they didn’t want to travel to where I am. IT’S LISTED IN THE AD!!

I’ve set a target of £100 this month I want to raise. No idea what’s selling. I don’t have kids so no baby stuff to shift.

Reactions: 1
I've sold loads of kids clothes on vinted that's all been grown out of, hardly worn and went really quick. Have just packed up a few more orders tonight. Would have usually donated to charity but nice to see some money back for it as it all adds up and I spent silly money on buying it in the first place.

Any kids stuff I put on normally sells really quick but I’ve put some stuff on for me and my husband and its just not selling 😩
I’m selling some brand new trainers for my husband but just getting loads of weird questions??

Also had someone who seemed really keen just not bother turning up for something I’m selling on Facebook!! Marketplace time wasters are the worst?!

• Angry
I always list my ads in block caps like it’s shouting out at someone 🤣 i try take my pics in natural lighting too and will iron them so they look better. I tend to scroll past things if they look messy or it’s a bad quality photo. Vinted is the best app for clothes, eBay is ok but the fees annoy me, Iv only used gumtree once for selling gig tickets and had no problems.

Reactions: 3
So I put a few things on gumtree but it’s painful. Back and forth with people e.g. today was “is it available, what’s the dimensions, where are you”… turns out they didn’t want to travel to where I am. IT’S LISTED IN THE AD!!

I’ve set a target of £100 this month I want to raise. No idea what’s selling. I don’t have kids so no baby stuff to shift.
This really puts me off selling!! It's so annoying, are people just spoon fed? 😅

Any kids stuff I put on normally sells really quick but I’ve put some stuff on for me and my husband and its just not selling 😩
I’m selling some brand new trainers for my husband but just getting loads of weird questions??

Also had someone who seemed really keen just not bother turning up for something I’m selling on Facebook!! Marketplace time wasters are the worst?!
So annoying when they do that! It's really rude!

I always list my ads in block caps like it’s shouting out at someone 🤣 i try take my pics in natural lighting too and will iron them so they look better. I tend to scroll past things if they look messy or it’s a bad quality photo. Vinted is the best app for clothes, eBay is ok but the fees annoy me, Iv only used gumtree once for selling gig tickets and had no problems.
EBay I just don't rate anymore for clothes buying or selling, the fees are so ridiculous so when you're buying you pay more & when you're selling, you can't shift it.

Reactions: 2
It’s really pissing me off when people want something for nothing. Prices are clearly stated and I’ve even added that I don’t accept offers and people still offer buttons for things

Reactions: 5
It’s really pissing me off when people want something for nothing. Prices are clearly stated and I’ve even added that I don’t accept offers and people still offer buttons for things
Someone offered me £13 for a pair of brand new trainers my husband would like £40 today!! I’m all for a cheeky offer but COME ON!!!!

• Angry
This annoys me so much, I have my vinted set to discount if you build a bundle but Iv has people build a bundle so get 20% off and then ask me to cut another few £1 off it!
Iv had a few cheeky messages too, someone offered me £6 for 3 John Lewis sleepsuits when they were £2.50 each and I said no, they told me they’d find them cheaper than that brand new. Good luck with that! 😂

Someone offered me £13 for a pair of brand new trainers my husband would like £40 today!! I’m all for a cheeky offer but COME ON!!!!
It’s so annoying when you just want to list with your best price and you get idiots like this. I was selling something recently and some lowballer got huffy and said “I’ll buy it off Argos then WITH warranty (💁🏼‍♂️) for an extra £50”. What you telling me for? Knock yourself out (it was massively reduced but out of stock in our area). They messaged me again weeks later asking if it was still available *blocked*

Reactions: 4
Hi all downloaded Vinted today, have sold on e bay for years but nothing is moving anymore even good quality as new items 😔.
Can I ask about the shipping pls? I'm currently struggling to get printer ink so have set my option to RM 2nd class assuming I can write the label free hand. Is this right? Assume hermes etc have barcodes?

Also since when has a 12 been a large?!?! 🤯

Hi all downloaded Vinted today, have sold on e bay for years but nothing is moving anymore even good quality as new items 😔.
Can I ask about the shipping pls? I'm currently struggling to get printer ink so have set my option to RM 2nd class assuming I can write the label free hand. Is this right? Assume hermes etc have barcodes?

Also since when has a 12 been a large?!?! 🤯
You need a printer. The seller pays for postage and you get an address label prepaid for to print and stick on the package.

You need a printer. The seller pays for postage and you get an address label prepaid for to print and stick on the package.
Ah thank you. Have been waiting for Tesco to restock their own brand cartridges. May have to pay full price and buy actual branded ink then 😵.

I found the Vinted app user friendly, the only thing I liked with e bay was knowing your end point. I tended to list on a Monday (I do a short day) knowing I would have the time to parcel up and go to the PO. See how it all works out.

I just popped on to say I LOVE buying/selling on these sites.

to everyone selling, I love that it’s becoming more commonplace. It’s so much better for the environment, for our wallets etc etc. The fast fashion industry is so exploitive, so unsustainable and mostly headed by men.

I’ve volunteered in charity shops too and so often we got more than we could ever sell on. Whenever I have a declutter I’ll try and list most stuff on the usual: EBay, Depop, Vinted etc.

that way I can reach a wider scope, without taking up all in the room in my local charity shop’s stockroom, and I get a few pennies out of it. Plus I like to think the stuff I didn’t want and sold on, went to someone who’d been looking for something just like it for ages and they really love it.

I love selling on vinted. So easy to use.

I put my stuff up until I get fed up of it hanging around and then donate to charity.

I'm quite lucky that there is a hermes drop off opposite my office and inpost lockers on my way home. I have turned off royal mail as an option as I know a few friends have had problems with the labels not covering the cost etc.

Ah thank you. Have been waiting for Tesco to restock their own brand cartridges. May have to pay full price and buy actual branded ink then 😵.

I found the Vinted app user friendly, the only thing I liked with e bay was knowing your end point. I tended to list on a Monday (I do a short day) knowing I would have the time to parcel up and go to the PO. See how it all works out.
I don’t have a printer and the shop that I drop parcels off in prints them out for me. Failing that you could always print labels off in the library. I prefer RM though plus you can’t send perfume via Hermes

I appear to have sold everything over night 😮

There is an option on the postage of take your package to the post office and buy the label there so that's what I shall do. Thanks all for the responses.

Our of curiosity what do people do with their balance? Do you withdraw immediately? I'm thinking of leaving it until I reach £100. Sort of a savings account, hoping to reach it for Easter and a weekend away we have booked. (I assume this is how they generate revenue in the absence of sellers fees?).

I still will donate to charity. Our nearest is a Barnardos shop and they send you a letter telling you how much your donated items have raised which is a nice touch.

• Heart
Our of curiosity what do people do with their balance? Do you withdraw immediately? I'm thinking of leaving it until I reach £100. Sort of a savings account, hoping to reach it for Easter and a weekend away we have booked. (I assume this is how they generate revenue in the absence of sellers fees?).
I leave mine until I get to £30+ before withdrawing and I’ll treat myself to something with the money, I don’t see the point of taking out a couple of pound 😅

I used to make a lot on eBay (£100+ a week), I move to vinted but people barely want to pay more than £2.

I've sold a few bits but I am going to bag what I have left and either charity or cash for clothes.